test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jewel of the North Feedback

greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
I rolled up a new character and have been slogging through the leveling process on a bard. Now, I use "slogging" for a reason. The devs wanted to speed up and streamline the leveling process. Bravo! You did it!

At the cost of story and immersion.

I am not one of the players that skipped leveling zones on my first character. I wasn't in a hurry. The story that existed, the world that had been built, fascinated me.

Those things are gone in the developers' mad rush to get everyone grinding at end game content.

This module isn't an improvement in any sense of the word. Honestly, between New Sharandar and this, it is sad.
I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

Comments

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I wanted the bag so I went to Velosk and did the entire adventure 'campaign' in a just a few hours from start to finish. I agree with everyone who says they just want to push everyone to get to endgame as fast as possible so they start spending on IL. The player's immersive experience is now apparently something the company doesn't care about.

Edit: I know it's not technically a campaign but I used that word anyway to denote I was completing the entire tree.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    it feels so hollow now.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.