test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Minor Bugs and QoL issues

bitcrusher#9275 bitcrusher Member Posts: 17 Arc User
Hi there,
today my plan was to farm the Phantom fortress (or however its translated correctly, sry if im mistaken).

Observed:
1) each 4th-6th time i enter the instance did not reset so i had to leave again and the key was wasted. that happened also in the past but imo less frequently

2) at the end of the dungeon right before u enter bossroom theres a chest (downstairs). For some reason this chest doesnt contain anything any more excepting some copper...i mean i dont need low level potions but a chance on insignia have been a nice + back in the days.

3) when u have skipped some mobgroups and killed them at the end of the dungeon right before you enter bossroom i stay in combat for approx 6-8 seconds for some reason, even the mobs got killed.

QoL: In past it was nice to skip the cutscenes by just hitting the spacebar. Why do i now have to keep Esc pressed for ages? Thats not really an improvement (at least not for me). Would b nice to have the old function back though.

Comments

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I agree about the skipping cutscenes thing, changing it from an instant one-tap thing to having to wait several seconds is not an improvement. Why didn't they just have "tap ESC to skip" in the top right corner and make it instant like it already was? I do like that they now have a notice that you even can skip cutscenes, this is an improvement because before, many newer players did not know they could do this, and especially in Castle Never at the final boss, you would often have a couple of people just standing there while you were fighting the boss and it was down to almost half health before they ran and joined-in and you knew they had been watching the entire cutscene. I often would type "hit ESC to skip the cutscene" in party chat before we went in but this doesn't address that for some people who are running it for the first time they may want to experience the cutscene and enjoy it and I was worried that I was potentially pushing them to miss-out on experiencing it when I was only trying to let them know it was there as an option if they'd seen it already. So I like the improvement now where it notifies people that they have the ability to skip it and well-done to the devs for finally putting something like this in. But waiting a few seconds as opposed to how it was as instant is not an improvement and it would be better to make it instant without the loading circle, what's the point of having that there, I can't think of one.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.