test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Training Day - Barbarian Tank - Dodge test

hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
Your Training Day quest wants my Tank Barbarian to dodge like many other classes, by pushing Shift. When I push shift, I block. I get 0 credit for blocking. I have beat the test robot down to 0 health without losing any health myself, but get no credit. Cannot progress in this quest.

No, I am *not* going to use a loadout slot to create a DPS barbarian, that is not required and the training quest should be adopted to be appropriate to every class/paragon.

Comments

• hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Update: I 'verified' this issue by having a veteran Sentinel Barbarian try the quest as well. He was also unable to get any 'points' by Shift-Dodging.

My hypotheses: When this quest was designed, only the new player was considered. The initial Barbarian is configured as a Blademaster, or at least the Sprint function is activated with the Shift key. Later, when the Paragon is chosen the option to be a tank and dodge is provided. So, currently the only way to 'pass' the test is to create a blademaster spec and sprint out of the way. This is unacceptable because there will always be returning players who are of higher level trying to 'complete' and receive all the rewards. They will also be Tanks/Sentinel configured and must be accommodated by the quest. Please create a dodge subroutine to permit completion. Thank you.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'd advise you copy this on to the official bug thread as it may get lost otherwise
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox