test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AFK Players in Queues?!?

jammer1138jammer1138 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Two Trial queue attempts this AM and both had AFK players. I am sure everyone knows who I am talking about since these passive-aggressive AFK players are a Royal pain in the rear. What can be done to keep caustic players like this out of the queues? Are these some kind of ARC accounts they use to antagonize real players by filling up empty queue spots? Seriously WTF with AFK?

Answers

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Nothing beyond reporting them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I loathe these people and I'd really like the game to be able to spot this behaviour and prevent them from getting rewards from the run.

I'd also like them to reduce the kick timer - you can spot a leecher almost immediately but sometimes the run is almost over by the time you're allowed to vote them out.

* no they are not company accounts, they are a-hole players and we've always seen this kind of thing. Wherever there is an opportunity for someone to be an a-hole, you can be sure someone will do it.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    this needs to be solved - I started to tell in area chat because of player ...... I don't play kick him or me. Even if everyone waits 15 min. Not my fault. Today I quitted get 30 min penalty - and guess what - play another game now. People need a 54k+ healer or dps? well not today i'm not available anymore because cryptic likes players who don´t play the game!

Easy solution would be:
    1. no tiimer for kicking people
    2. give me an avoid button and make sure I never again get matched with this player!
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    onlymat said:

this needs to be solved - I started to tell in area chat because of player ...... I don't play kick him or me. Even if everyone waits 15 min. Not my fault. Today I quitted get 30 min penalty - and guess what - play another game now. People need a 54k+ healer or dps? well not today i'm not available anymore because cryptic likes players who don´t play the game!

Easy solution would be:
    1. no tiimer for kicking people
    2. give me an avoid button and make sure I never again get matched with this player!

We used to not have a timer for kicking people. Boot & Loot was a problem back then. They added the timer to solve that one. :( Next solution? Avoid button would be nice though.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Boot n loot was solved by making all loot come from the chests instead of a boss drop that the team rolled on

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    armadeonx said:

Boot n loot was solved by making all loot come from the chests instead of a boss drop that the team rolled on

One variant of boot and loot was to kick people out and then invite friend to come in.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

armadeonx said:

One variant of boot and loot was to kick people out and then invite friend to come in.
    True, but they also blocked kicking after the team enter the final boss area (unless the died and went back to the gate) which was sufficient in most cases. If the friend was capable of taking on the final boss, they would have no problem running the whole thing.

The 15 min timer wouldn't affect this regardless.

• Options
    jammer1138jammer1138 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    One option would be to join together and EVERYONE report them to Microsoft AND ARC. We can access and view their XB profile to report them to MS. There is an "Unsupporting Behavior" selection in the Report Player. In Game use the "Report offensive player..." selection. If 9 of 10 players in a Trial reported them maybe, just maybe, MS or ARC would do something about it.
    Waiting in a queue for hours as DPS and ending up with one of them in the queue peeves me to no end.
    REPORT THEM!

Note: This post was 3x longer before I deleted the explicatives.
  • Options
    hp010#2350 hp010 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    could you just Q up as support characters with 4-6 frinds or even 10. Then you would be i control of who you get into at daily Q with?
    just an observation