test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strong Grasping Roots not spreading correctly to nearby enemies for Rangers

flinnty#9711 flinnty Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Hello,

When Rangers apply Strong Grasping Roots to an enemy, the roots are supposed to spread to nearby enemies as well. From Grasping Roots mechanic tooltip "Strong Grasping Roots lasts 3 seconds and also apply to nearby enemies to the main target."

Some of the Ranger encounters do spread Strong Grasping Roots correctly, like Constricting Arrow and Cordon of Arrows (which was a recent fix, ty!).

But, Commanding Shot only applies Strong Grasping Roots to the single target it hits, and not surrounding enemies.
Likewise, Hindering Strike only applies Strong Grasping Roots to enemies hit directly by the attack.
On a side note, Hindering Strike also has a bug where it does not hit any enemies at all. I am not sure how to trigger it, but its very very annoying since Hindering Strike is one of our main aoe damage sources.

I hope that these can get fixed so that the Ranger class mechanics will finally work as the tooltips claim they should.

Thanks,
Flinnty

Comments

• seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I can confirm that this bugs are existing and since combat changes but because the roots are control effects the devs doesn't seem to care about fix them any further.

*Edit: Cordon of Arrows problem returned as 2/3 charges not hit in solo play even with the combat advantage that the active companion provides.
    Post edited by seekey#7769 on