test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 21 New Content..dungeon..skirmish..trial..nothing?

unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
So i didnt see any discussion in forum about this..everyone seems to ignore the fact that they didnt announced anything for mod 21..If you dont play the new class or you are not in to mastercrafting ..what else is to do..login to get your daily key and logout?Im not intrested to do over 15 campaigns again and i think crafting is the worst system i ever encounter in a game..i still regret the time spent to upgrade them to max ..loosing your resources is not fun..so im ignoring...that beeing said..MOD 21 nothing?..

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    "While M21 has many new-player friendly aspects, we have not forgotten our veteran players and are working on additional content to help bridge the time between modules. Our public-facing discussions are currently focused on M21 due to the communication roadmap but we hope we can share more info in the near(ish) future."

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/13186281
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Personally I don't quite get the demand for constantly rolling out new dungeons, trials and areas literally every few months. We've just had the New Sharandar areas and VoS (inc the new hard mode) as well as the combat rework.

Right off the back of that they're introducing a new class and a new levelling system, which I imagine has taken up a lot of man hours so we know they are very busy and I feel they need to be cut some slack.

I'd rather they spend a bit longer between rollouts so they can deliver more polished results. Half of the players complain about quality whilst the other half complain about quantity but you can't have both.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I dont like the new sharandar is awful i try to avoid it as much as i can..i wander who whas whit idea to do 35 bhe or 45 he to open a diamond shard box..and bounties..boring and annoying as hell they should have made it like juma bags...2 bhe for a bag or for smaller he ...and bounties where better if they where like expeditions..i hate to wait for a stupid mob to spawn..They could also revamped Master of the hunt and or malabong castle and put there companion gear..
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'm not a fan of New Sharandar either, but it is totally rammed with players. Looking at it, you can see it would've taken a lot of time to create all 3 areas plus the dungeon though.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Bard is the new content.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    greywynd said:

Bard is the new content.

Yes, Bard is the new content for playing from scratch of the mod 21 as a new player. If you won't play bard or won't play from the beginning again for the different variant of campaigns, there is more or less nothing for you in mod 21.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    And don't forget MW

If they wanted to change the course of NW, they would need a different way of going about things, but maybe this is working as intended and new players are spending enough, idk. Its not a good time to have NW as a main game, ya need to look into other games as well... Suddenly feels less heavy that there is literally nothing to do than sit in Shar and do a Bounty every day (which is the reason why there is so many instances, RNG on RNG)
    - bye bye -
    And with the gutting of the game not much for anyone to do.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • cococycococy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Oh, come on now, the last Mod with a class was back in 2016, for Mod 6.
    If we had a new class every year, then I'd understand your complaint, but seeing as new zones/ content has been pushed for 15 Mods with no class, you can 'endure' not getting something for you, personally.
    Buckle up, sugarplum.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    cococy said:

Oh, come on now, the last Mod with a class was back in 2016, for Mod 6.
    If we had a new class every year, then I'd understand your complaint, but seeing as new zones/ content has been pushed for 15 Mods with no class, you can 'endure' not getting something for you, personally.
    Buckle up, sugarplum.

It's not like the NW notion of "content" is actual story driven RPG content anyway. Just another excuse to go club this, zap that and try not to die while doing so, all so I can earn more green / blue level rewards that wind up being worth something like 500AD, or like 10 silvers, or worth 150 RP and is unsellable.

At least the new class is something that is actually 'new'.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I don't know, my tiefling rogue was my first character. Hiviticus went to the Dread Ring and defeated Valindra. After the cutscene he dragged that big phylactery of hers back to the doomguides and made damn sure she was vaulted. I took a long break from this game after that, until they tempted me back with Ravenloft. My next character was a Thayan wizard who wielded a mighty scythe. Now the bard class is out, I might delete one of my characters to create my bard. I sure don't feel the need to pay cash for more slots.

Sure there is no Cryptic story to speak of but I am sure I can think of some trouble to cause. :trollface:

Just killing time...
    Since Valindra reappeared in Chult, I'd say you took her bait of the fake phylactery just fine. She pulled one over you and the Doomguides.
    greywynd said:

Since Valindra reappeared in Chult, I'd say you took her bait of the fake phylactery just fine. She pulled one over you and the Doomguides.

A point of fact, Hivictus most likely is unaware Makos is dead. But he did attend the Memorial in the River District and assumes that was to honor his heroics in and around Neverwinter. He did meet up with Makos in Chult, since he never knew about his demise, Hivictus assumes Makos is just fine.

Meanwhile... Dervish of Thay is still planning his revenge on the Thayan Wizard Council. Imagine them wanting him to be a lowly Death Knight and not take up magic with his fellow wizards?! He travels with his advisor Thalos a Thayan illusionist killing all the Red Wizards he encounters, with his Brute Force Magic from his staff in the shape of a farmer's scythe. Thalos continues to assure him, the power comes from within, and is in no way some kind trickery on his part.

Just killing time...
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    In Silvery's 'Noworries' interview, they did mention a milestone type event that could be take place later in M21. But on the large, yes no new content for most.
  • cren#3175 cren Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    imo most the vets are going to play bard as Crypitic has alinged it w/ recruitring event & can get good BtA rewards to help your main or primary alt. I myself will be makeing 2 new toons for that exact reason ( i have 9 now but only really play two reast are storeage). as for the last mod New shara i ran the full content only on my main as i felt like shoveing a sharp stick in my eye ever time i went in there so now i log get my key run a random if any are on i play with then out. I vip 4 the QOL benifits as keys are just an add 4 me so if no play why even renew next time ?? happy day to all

arazith07 said:

In Silvery's 'Noworries' interview, they did mention a milestone type event that could be take place later in M21. But on the large, yes no new content for most.

ugh it's gonna be another bloody paid-tier-rewards battlepass thing, isn't it
    Why? Are you not looking forward to playing Rerun to Rothe Valley Part 1 of 3 or Private Skyhold: Season Pass? :trollface:
    I am almost certain we will see something of this nature. They did say those zones are vaulted for later abuse.

Just killing time...