test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizard Steal Time encounter not working correctly with Elemental Reinforcement feat

If I cast at a dummy, ray of frost OR storm pillar OR icy terrain OR disintegrate OR arcane tempest, I see (accurately) that I am at "double reinforcement" of the appropriate damage type. However, when I cast steal time I do **not** see "double reinforcement". That implies that steal time is dropping the damage buff from 10% to 5% for the remainder of the elemental timing window. I would *presume* that this is likely caused by steal time being viewed behind the scenes as 2 arcane spells in a row.

Tests:
1. Ray of Frost - not held down for long. I see Reinforcement:Cold and Double Reinforcement. Let it cooldown for next test.
2. Storm Pillar - not held down for long. I see Reinforcement:Lightning and Double Reinforcement. Let it cooldown for next test.
3. Icy Terrain. I see Reinforcement:Cold and Double Reinforcement. Let it cooldown for next test.
4. Arcane Tempest. I see Reinforcement:Arcane and Double Reinforcement. Let it cooldown for next test.
5. Disintegrate. I see Reinforcement:Arcane and Double Reinforcement. Let it cooldown for next test.
6. Steal Time. I see Reinforcement:Arcane only. No double.

Casting any of these with a different cold/arcane/lightning afterwards works as expected EXCEPT with Steal Time. It behaves as though Steal Time is actually casting 2 arcane spells. It immediately destroys any effort to keep the double reinforcement going. So if I do cold (say icy terrain) followed by arcane (say steal time) and then cold again (say ray of frost), I would have started at 10%, fallen to 5% and then stayed at 5%.

Comments

• redfist#9572 redfist Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    This is my first submission - what's the process to know it's been seen by devs?
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User

This is my first submission - what's the process to know it's been seen by devs?

there is no such process unless you include the @devs names (providing they are still at their post there )

is elemental reinforcement the dps or aoe meta anyways ?

maybe they will rereview the class in 2025 in mod 30ish ..
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Interesting "bug", I assumed your cap stone is "elemental reinforcement"? Unfortunately I think this bug will persist and the Dev will unlikely fix this, as the Control Wizard class is getting very little attention and other class. They are mostly busy hyping up the Bard class to people to enjoy.

I went with "A Step Above Mastery" for capstone because I like the focus of the build over E.Reinforcement.

There is no process to confirm the Devs will see this and even if they do, they will unlikely confirm. Doing so would invite unfavorable attention to a "bug" capstone they don't plan to fix and turn off players that want to play a Wizard and losing potential customers.
  • redfist#9572 redfist Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    nic1985 said:

Interesting "bug", I assumed your cap stone is "elemental reinforcement"? Unfortunately I think this bug will persist and the Dev will unlikely fix this, as the Control Wizard class is getting very little attention and other class. They are mostly busy hyping up the Bard class to people to enjoy.

I went with "A Step Above Mastery" for capstone because I like the focus of the build over E.Reinforcement.

There is no process to confirm the Devs will see this and even if they do, they will unlikely confirm. Doing so would invite unfavorable attention to a "bug" capstone they don't plan to fix and turn off players that want to play a Wizard and losing potential customers.

I'm currently using A Step Above Mastery for ST and Elemental Reinforcement for AOE.