test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vos rings should be obtainable from...everyone (bind on equip)..because..

pantha7pantha7 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
1) You dont get the extra damage bonuses to increase your dps without vos rings
2) you can't play pvp while max geared players have vos rings with power bonuses because they will pugstomp you and oneshot you
3) you don't get higher item level
4) people in lfg chat will not invite you to run endgame content because you dont have vos rings which show you are experienced and have bonus damage and power
5) shall i continue ???

Comments

• Options
    wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Did you consider actually playing the game and getting the rings for yourself ?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    This will always be a "Everyone should have access to everything, even if it means paying for it" vs "People should earn their items through doing the expected content" vs " Those who can farm the specified content will be made rich and gauge other players"

Regardless what happens, devs lose. I personally don't like being unfair, so its usually best in this situation to accept which way the devs want to go. However I would say after something is 1-2 mods old, there shouldn't be as much of an issue allowing items to be unbound.
  • Options
    badnickname#3262 badnickname Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    No just no. People who don't have these ring should work on themselves to be able to run this content. Some items shouldn't be sellable, same as trial weapons. Only way to get it is playing content and it should stay as is. Why? Because it gives satisfaction when you have more unique item than others, acquired by your playing skill, not bought. If everyone could buy it, how someone could determine how exp player is? I know that people without these rings/gear are not invited to regular runs, but it is normal. When party want farm, they don't want to babysit new person. If someone want to learn, then should look for practic run in special channel or go with guild. Pretending exp person, because you bought ring but you never completed this content is just bad for everyone.
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    I don't mind the bind on pickup. however the RNG of what you get is discouraging. Missing 3 rings total, 2 of which would be useful for my tank, who has over 200 clears in normal VOS, and 25 or so in HC VOS. A turn in of other leg rings from VOS to get what you'd rather have, or a currency, like TOMM, to get specific leg rings that wont drop would be nice.
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    pantha7 said:

Since neverwinter is not alt friendly and since fighter dreadnought is not dps (competitive to rogue,hunter ranger,barb) how the hell am i supposed to run Vos with exp party to open the chests and obtain the leg rings ? can you answer this ?
    this is also food for thought for cryptic to solve one of the many problems in neverwinter...

And what do you expect?
    If you trick people to think that you're exp, you'll be able to finish vos and get your dream ring?
    Well, don't be surprised. I did over 100 runs before I got the one I wanted.
    The way is one. Either learn how to play or you won't have an elite drop.
    I have three characters I can do Vos with. None of them are the class you mentioned
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @stark760 said:
    > I don't mind the bind on pickup. however the RNG of what you get is discouraging. Missing 3 rings total, 2 of which would be useful for my tank, who has over 200 clears in normal VOS, and 25 or so in HC VOS. A turn in of other leg rings from VOS to get what you'd rather have, or a currency, like TOMM, to get specific leg rings that wont drop would be nice.

THIS. I really would like some sort of currency gaining from VoS, so you can exchange them for those rings your RNG didn’t award you with. I agree it can be discouraging running hundreds of time just to get nothing, or a legendary ring you don’t need.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

> @stark760 said:
    > I don't mind the bind on pickup. however the RNG of what you get is discouraging. Missing 3 rings total, 2 of which would be useful for my tank, who has over 200 clears in normal VOS, and 25 or so in HC VOS. A turn in of other leg rings from VOS to get what you'd rather have, or a currency, like TOMM, to get specific leg rings that wont drop would be nice.

THIS. I really would like some sort of currency gaining from VoS, so you can exchange them for those rings your RNG didn’t award you with. I agree it can be discouraging running hundreds of time just to get nothing, or a legendary ring you don’t need.

or even just a 'ring choice pack' instead of a random ring?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    With the simplification of the game, perhaps they should just give a new character all them without the need to run it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    To obtain this you must to do this, to obtain that you must run that... If the game is supposed to have a functional economy, you need some desirable loot which is trade-able. Disregarding some content or having a bad luck is definitely not a reason to be banned from trading.

At the same time, I do not feel limited by not playing VoS at all. Having the rings might be a plus... Like really: might. I don't know - and certainly do not care enough about couple of percent in the final chart.
  • Options
    aurumreclusa#1147 aurumreclusa Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I don't think any content that is not the current Mods Content should be bound to anything, and I do not think any New Content should be bound to character on pick up Account only, and should be salable for gold not just refinement points and Top Grade loot should get top grade gold. This way when a new Mod Drops all the last mods gear now comes able to trade on AH and if someone does not like to run Endgame Dungeons they can at least keep up with the new Mods coming out. Also would be great if you had large areas of the Underdark and Overland that upon entry you agreed to PVP and had random spawns with random loot like playing table top. These areas should of course be you can damage allies with your fireballs and other aoe effects, makes for lots of fun.
  • Options
    Even if would be 100 years old, I couldn't be able to understand your attitude.
    If I want something, I do a content from the desired item drops.
    I'm not waiting for someone to give it to me.

On the other hand. . . why would you have those things when you don't need those rings for shitdungs and you can do it without them?
    Because you don't want to do vos or any difficult content after all?
    And maybe it's just about your vanity? You want to pretend to be someone you're not?
    You don't have to be the best in the game. But just give yourself a chance.
    You'll get a lot more satisfaction.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @mushellka It is called a society - the moment when each individual does not have to do everything himself, does what is most suitable for his persona and TRADES things with others. Really, no one mentioned giving someone something. Trade, consensual equal value for both parties.
  • Options
    Well. You know. In game is like in life: not everything can be bought.
  • Options
    havatem#8104 havatem Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I'm confused are the hard core rings bound or unbound?
    I do not agree to them being unbound. I do agree to them being bound.

I teach vos I farm vos on multiple toons including a fighter (fighters are awesome dps) if you know your toon. Then we'll it's easy.
    Next it's not hard to join an alliance or guild that will help you because well it's an mmo.

Tbh I don't think anything should be unbound then people like Aragon and the rest can't make huge profits from telling people to buy this or that. Don't say these tubers don't do it because it clearly states it on their channel's.

If the Devs had any clue they would totally abolish ad altogether and just give daily zen. Allow trading if needs must but not for ad. Example - I have a companion u have a mount wanna trade.
  • Options
    The hardcore rings are even better - bound to char from the get go, so if you run the dung on a support char, you obtain an useless item that cannot be even passed to your alts...
  • Options
    organius#4038 organius Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Nerf is coming: "We are aware of issues with the Ring of Air and the Ring of Darkness and are working on some fixes. Thank you for your patience!"
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    lf vos account unlock to play all my alts please cryptic.