Options

Bug: Cannot Copy Specific Character to Preview

skarner27skarner27 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
What Happens:
  1. Go to https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw
  2. Select character to copy
  3. Select server
  4. Click "Copy!"
  5. Message appears stating that the character should be in sever anywhere between immediately and two hours
  6. Log in to preview server immediately
  7. Character not there
  8. Wait three hours
  9. Character not there
The process was repeated several times with the same result. The character in question is my only character with the fourth boon point in the Tyranny of Dragons campaign, so that may be the reason.

Note that I submitted a ticket and was informed that the customer support team could not help; I was instructed to post here to inform the developers.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    snowolfe#3564 snowolfe Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Been that way since Sunday.
    Post edited by snowolfe#3564 on
  • Options
    tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    I also have this problem my 2 main characters (Halcyon and Halee Goldenglow) can no longer be copied to preview (previously I had copied them many times). I can copy my other characters fine. I don't have a large number of copies and these characters are in PE.

The only difference I can think of is since these are my main characters they may have quests etc that they others don't, however I was able to copy them less than a month ago, so I Sharandar ep3 or Legacy quests would be the only ones I can think of.
  • Options
    progoniteljprogonitelj Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I still having problem like you with character transfer. Go to character copy page post to mimic and my main and nothing happens
  • Options
    snowolfe#3564 snowolfe Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    ditto - even after patch
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    tamtoucan said:

The only difference I can think of is since these are my main characters they may have quests etc that they others don't, however I was able to copy them less than a month ago, so I Sharandar ep3 or Legacy quests would be the only ones I can think of.

One of the characters I cannot transfer does not have Sharandar ep3, so I think it is from legacy campaigns or from completing vaulted content. I initially thought it was related to the fourth boon of Tyranny of Dragons, but a different character does not have that and cannot be copied; however, it has reached My character completed all leveling zones, including vaulted areas. I will make a spreadsheet tracking my campaign completion per character and then test which characters are prevented from being copied. I shall do the same for leveling content.
  • Options
    I made the spreadsheet and then copied over all the associated characters. None of the characters transferred even though I knew at least one was able to transfer when I first had this issue. The only thing that has changed is investment in the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. I believe that characters that have started Tyranny of Dragons cannot transfer.
  • Options
    seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Maybe it' not helpful but a few month ago i had a problem with character copy. I could not copy the character i used last time on the live server. So i had to login with a different character to live server and log out with that to be able to copy the character that i couldn't before.
  • Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    No problems copying new characters from live to preview from my end. Try requesting a copy of each individual character and see if that works. If not, try logging into a different character on live, request a copy while live client is open, close live, open preview and see if character has been copied.
    On average I only have to wait around 2-5 minutes before my new copy gets loaded.