test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Actions canceling on midway

seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
I’m not sure if it’s just limited to my account or even a bug, but lately there’s a high chance after every dodge that all action except movement will be canceled in the next 2-3 seconds. This means I can see the animation begin and hear the sound of the action, but when it should take effect, even the animation stops and no damage or healing occurs. I noticed this behavior in my cleric and ranger characters.

Comments

• Options
    I've filled an in-game ticket too about this matter.
    Ticket number: #551,330
  • Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Can confirm that you are actually I-framing yourself out of abilities. I notice this ALL the time when I use a Mount Power in the middle of my Dodge. The Mount Power will LOOK like it goes off, but not do any damage and just go on cooldown. I've reported this to support and have not gotten any feedback at all.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Don't do anything while attempting to dodge.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    The dodge as action is seems to already finished when i try to attack/heal but no effect of the next power i try to use. This is very disturbing when my party dies because of this.
  • Options
    dragonfly#6058 dragonfly Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    New player here, can confirm a similar experience. I am playing from Australia so lag is somewhat expected, but it took me a while to figure this out. I notice it especially on my wizard where I'm trying to weave spells and teleports together, particularly the Slow Time spell, because its cooldown can be different depending on whether it was cast successfully or interrupted.

I just assumed the net code was so janky that I couldn't chain my abilities together with any movement of my character between them at the level of latency I have, since it seemed like movement was the thing interrupting them, so I've just been pausing slightly between abilities whenever I need to move out of the way of damage and only chaining them together when I'm stationary. Reading this thread it now all makes perfect sense.

I guess the workaround is you just have to be very aware of when you're using the dodge ability and force yourself through muscle memory to pause for maybe half a second (roughly double your latency, to be safe) before using your next ability.
  • Options
    Well, it's very hard to choose the perfect timing of dodge when multiple enemy attacking you in the same time with a short delay between their attacks (like the kobolds and archons in Caverns of Karrundax or the falling ceiling pieces in the Boreworm's room in Lair of the Mad Mage). And sometimes just getting killed (outside of queues) because i can't do anything except running and dodge and i can't even drink a healing potion. And when i wrote high chance above i meant 70-80%. Also this started to me when Sharrandar ep. 3 started on live server.
  • Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User

New player here, can confirm a similar experience. I am playing from Australia so lag is somewhat expected, but it took me a while to figure this out. I notice it especially on my wizard where I'm trying to weave spells and teleports together, particularly the Slow Time spell, because its cooldown can be different depending on whether it was cast successfully or interrupted.

I just assumed the net code was so janky that I couldn't chain my abilities together with any movement of my character between them at the level of latency I have, since it seemed like movement was the thing interrupting them, so I've just been pausing slightly between abilities whenever I need to move out of the way of damage and only chaining them together when I'm stationary. Reading this thread it now all makes perfect sense.

I guess the workaround is you just have to be very aware of when you're using the dodge ability and force yourself through muscle memory to pause for maybe half a second (roughly double your latency, to be safe) before using your next ability.

Doing that would result in a loss of DPS for me since I happen to use abilities right after I dodge mechanics to maintain Uptime. I've already reported this as well to support but still haven't heard anything useful from them.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    The link of a post below includes my problem too. However while her reason is different the result is the same:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1261636/the-cleric-dps-is-too-slow-to-attack

This means i'm not the only one to experince it but the 2nd to report as a bug or a problem ...
  • Options
    The other day the Account support sent me here with this issue since it's a "possible bug" as they said ...