test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I miss 50% off sales. :(

baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 134 Arc User
A few years ago we used to get 50% sales around Black Friday and the Anniversary of the game. I truly miss those sales. The sales were short ( like one or two days ) but it was nice. Guess we'll just have to be happy with the week long 30% sales. Really I can't see them lowering the sales much lower as you can get 20% off anything coupons in game from invoking bags.

Comments

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    baucoin said:

A few years ago we used to get 50% sales around Black Friday and the Anniversary of the game. I truly miss those sales. The sales were short ( like one or two days ) but it was nice. Guess we'll just have to be happy with the week long 30% sales. Really I can't see them lowering the sales much lower as you can get 20% off anything coupons in game from invoking bags.

I think the lack of generosity reflects the general consensus I've seen among players that the active player base (and paying player base) has shrunk substantially. With less overall money coming in, the devs have less flexibility to be generous.

It's also true that every time they had those 'flash' sales in the past, there were invariably players who'd have melt downs about not getting a chance to participate because the sales window was so tight they missed it, either because they were at work, or asleep, or sometimes both at the same time.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    greywynd said:

I miss having fun. Game to me is getting so bad that they're sucking the fun I already had out of me.

Same.

I'm not even bothering with RTQ so much anymore. Progress seems to lead to a weaker character...

And also swapping out those Rank 15 Radiants for other enchants in the exchange wasnt a clever idea...

Levelling up companions x 10 to mythic was painful, and leaves my toon feeling weaker...

But yeah, the 50% sales were great for beginners and mid game players, really useful.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2021

baucoin said:

I think the lack of generosity reflects the general consensus I've seen among players that the active player base (and paying player base) has shrunk substantially. With less overall money coming in, the devs have less flexibility to be generous.

It's also true that every time they had those 'flash' sales in the past, there were invariably players who'd have melt downs about not getting a chance to participate because the sales window was so tight they missed it, either because they were at work, or asleep, or sometimes both at the same time.
    Well, they've made their bed, now they can lie in it... it's not like they weren't given more then enough feedback that certain changes would cost them players, but they pushed them through anyway.

Fresh Content? Not really, more like removing content and recycling known stuff over and over again.
    Improving the player experience? Nope, let's increase the RNG grind and hope they'll spend money to avoid it!
    New Class? Yep, it only took them a few years to get one ready.
    ZEN Charge Promotions with account wide rewards? Broken, reduced, gone.
    Customer Support? Pretty much non-existent when there's a problem.

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me to see the remaining coupons from drops or invoking being reduced in value as well.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!