test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M21 - Existing Character Transition

Thought I'd pop down a few thoughts along the liens of the experience for a returning character after noticing that a few of the changes create problems or confusion. For the purposes of this feedback, I was using my main - a late game Paladin (Ossenwal Sarovich@Zap-Robo).

Textures
My first update of the test server for a while resulted in a large number of textures in Protector's Enclave being missing. A force scan failed to resolve the matter and I was forced to delete and reinstall the test server.
Suggestion: N/A - just hope this is not universal

Logging In - The Sisters Glim
On logging on to my character I encountered a Lore Entry Unlocked notification for "The Sisters Glim". It took some time to find it, but it is located under "Seasonal Events". The description matches no events currently in Neverwinter that I'm familiar with, and indeed no questlines that I can recall either.
Suggestion: Remove the lore entry until it is earned/tied to an actual event (and/or change the category accordingly)

Character Sheet - Ability Scores
My next stop was my character sheet where, for no reason that I can identify, my Ability Scores have been reset. Over a number of loadouts, this gets a little tiresome when it's not needed.
Suggestion: Remove the reset, or if it is deemed necessary for some reason I can't fathom, allocated training tokens equal to the number of loadouts a character has.

Journal - Adventures
I prided myself as having completed all the story content in the game. Unfortunately, the new Adventures journal seems to disagree with me and showed six Leveling Adventures as incomplete. A further look into them, it shows I was actually missing but a handful of missions - Neverdeath (16/18), Vellosk (17/19), Ebon Downs (12/14), Icespire Peak (13/15), The Chasm (16/17) and Whispering Caverns (19/23).

Reviewing these, it seems that my character is being subject to a number of tutorial quests - earning artifacts, learning to enchant, etc. - things that a returning character has no need of.

The other half are new solo boss battles returning to the game - portions of Throne of Idris, Frozen Heart and even Valindra's Tower. Unfortunately, having already been around the block, with the Tales of Old event and every dungeon in the queue, these were just treading old (well-worn) ground as well.
Suggestion: Mark all training missions as completed for existing characters, and the boss encounters as completed if the larger version is marked as done on a character (such as Tales of Old versions or queued copies).
Zaphod "Zap-Robo" Robotnik
http://zap-robo.net/