test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To the administration of Neverwinter!

2»

Comments

• hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    lobo#0863 said:

Me and my friends started to play Neverwinter October, last year. And I have never seen a game that has so many major reworks in such a short time! We were still getting our equipment, when you changed itemization system! We just finished Sharandar campaign, and then you changed it completely and everything we did was for nothing! Now you want to rework entire game... And my only true question is: is it REALLY for the best of the players?
    There is many bugs in the game, there is many items that don't work (like you can get Tesla, or painting of Mad Mage, but you can't put it in your Stronghold) and yet, you don't do anything about them for many years... But you rework everything else.
    Me and my friends have one big problem with your voice communication system: we like to talk a lot to each other, but when we join a dungeon queue, everyone can hear us. Why? Many people have a problem with that, especially that we speak another language, they are rude to us and tell us to shut up, even though there is a big mute button, by every single one of us... We don't want to be heard by strangers, but still we want to be able to communicate, so maybe in this new patch you should consider better voice communication system? Like a special one for the guild or group of friends. That would be something that would keep us in this game, cause at this rate you gonna loose us and many other players, I'm afraid. Do something useful, do something for the people. Please.
    And my question to some players who played this game longer than us is: was it always this crazy here with major changes happening few times a year??? Never seen anything like it...
    Regards!
    Whats wrong with game voice chat??? The desing is very simple, you are in voice chat with your party. Thats it. Same system are in countless other games whos have integrated voice chat system.

It's realy amusing how players get in such thinking that, game must adapt to each players needs.
    IN reality players must adapt to game. Don't like in game voice chat? Use discord. No need ask change game just you don't like x feature, while other players are Ok with it.

Other thing, unerstand that no all players spkeak english. This is global server not region restricted. So there is not so called main language used in game..

Other thing, there are players who are not fan to talking.. Some prefer old fashion chat. Other thing,, some simply like play game not talk about random stuffs. While communication is Ok, lot of time in voice chat talks ends up about out of game stuffs. Dungeons are short, mechanics are not so complicated, and over all fights are not so long.. Not hours long like other mmo games..

And now also this is good example why some don't talk in voice chat.. Wrongly heard or wrongly pronounced words can bring a lot of missunderstandings and even hates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO56tEOdByc

And final lines I want to be poin one part..
    The game is not desing arround x one player. To please his prefence and needs. So if you don't like x stuff no need ask or some even went as demand to change game. There are tons of alternatives for voice chat,, other thing, no one poke you in back and demand buy and spend ZEN.
    Lot of stufs you can get in AH anyways, and with 100k AD gain per day, it's not as hard to get average build. THe problem is that, all want from very start with few spend dollars get in end game. Some of players spend years to reach it, you want in less than month to get there.

If all would be reaching max out very quickly game would be shut down loong time ago. Remember, while for use Neverwinter is game, for company it's business for make money.

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

The language in this game is a section that always tilt me ...

It is not in reference to the "voice chat", since there if everyone joins, one can be from Russia, another from Mexico, another from Germany and another from France ..... and they all speak their language. Like it or not, the base language used in the games is English.

There is always same assumption, if devs are from NA, then base language is eng. Sure they used it as devs, cuz it's their primary language in their studio, and thats end with it.

Game as for quests and voicing are use >English, Deutsch (Germany), French, Itallian, and Russian.

When comes chat, it it recognizes Latin, cyrillic alphabet. But it's seems chat also recognizes letters even out of lattin alphabet.
    If chat would not support others or had restriction, then instead letter you would see random numbers as messages.
    I know that, cuz I have played games who's had language restrictions.

But the translation of the game ..... I am very tilt that the game is translated in 943823043209480929843 languages, and that one of those languages is not Spanish ..... I don't know, it is a main language, and the Spanish-speaking community is not small.

Company manager decide to which lanugages translate game. In order to translate to any extra lanuge, thats require to hire more staff. Cuz it's not just text, but also voicing. And no companies like extra expenses.

Yet there is one thing you can do.. Call as many spainish talking Neverwinter players, and make pettion, with requrest so Spainish language be added as officialy supported. If you get enough of players who participate in it, who knows maybe Cryptic manager aprove this idea and to add spainish language. :)

What exactly do you understand as "average build"?

It's hard to met player with lesser than 28k IL during pug trial/dungeon runs.
    So I assuming that average is above that. Somewhere 35K ~43k IL.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

Other thing, unerstand that no all players spkeak english. This is global server not region restricted. So there is not so called main language used in game..

The language in this game is a section that always tilt me ...

It is not in reference to the "voice chat", since there if everyone joins, one can be from Russia, another from Mexico, another from Germany and another from France ..... and they all speak their language. Like it or not, the base language used in the games is English.

But the translation of the game ..... I am very tilt that the game is translated in 943823043209480929843 languages, and that one of those languages is not Spanish ..... I don't know, it is a main language, and the Spanish-speaking community is not small.

Lot of stufs you can get in AH anyways, and with 100k AD gain per day, it's not as hard to get average build.....

What exactly do you understand as "average build"?
    Neverwinter servers have nothing to do with languages. The language selection in options only changes the written language in the client and maybe some voice overs. Those are on the client and I have seen enough chat in PE to know when someone is speaking portuguese from Brazil or spanish from another country. I noticed there is no Spanish and that is the second most spoken language world wide. Chinese is the first spoken, just by shear numbers, but maybe since this game is funded by China... what did Spain do to make China angry?

There has been (in the past) not as much currently, trolls who tell people to speak American cuz this is an American game, and whatnot. The original Guild Wars divided people up by regions using multiple shards. Back when I first started playing on there, I stuck to the international shard because nobody went there! It was quiet.

Now the shards still exist, but they are all quiet these days. :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • afakdag#2644 afakdag Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I and my friends quit the game a year ago because of huge changes in game. Every change makes you like playing new game and your time and money goes waste. I got still a little hope and looking forums for news. But Its getting worse. Its damaging game but not only game Cryptic itself. Studio lost our trust. After year when they publish a new project we obviusly choose other projects before it. The newest example of this is "sword of legends" mmorpg, its very hope giving project but most people hasitate to play that because of the publisher's past.
  • netherdragon#0997 netherdragon Member Posts: 51 Arc User

My wife played this game far too much, just my opinion. I use this game as a litmus test for Linux OS. If this game runs, I am fairly sure everything else will.

My wife started playing Neverwinter nonstop 8 years ago. Then about 2 years ago, she went into a severe depression over the loss of a key feature used in this game. She has been coping with mental stress, anxiety, and depression. At first the game seemed to help, but the last 2 years it has been a real disappointment. I recently got her 2 new games, Assassin Creed: Odyssey and Black Desert, and she is focused more on those for now. She is still planning an event here this October, but she seems less than enthusiastic about it.

I would say there has been a lot more change in the last 2 years here than ever before. While bugs and glitches are inevitable in all software, I have no opinion about the changes or how they concern the future for more changes. I strongly recommend playing something you enjoy and avoiding games that cause you stress.

Have her try FFXIV Online it's pretty fun ;)
  • lobo#0863 lobo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2021

"It's realy amusing how players get in such thinking that, game must adapt to each players needs.
    IN reality players must adapt to game. Don't like in game voice chat? Use discord. No need ask change game just you don't like x feature, while other players are Ok with it."

You made me laugh, dude xD WE are customers, they need to adapt to us, not other way around! What is wrong with you??? If we don't fight for better things we will never get them, cause administration will not know about OUR needs!
    Keep being a slave, good luck with that ;)
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Yup without players it's just a few servers sitting there doing nothing and a lot of people out of a job. The game exists for the players happiness and enjoyment, without players it's nothing.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.