test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Finished or Unfinished?

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
This is my current standings in the game;

Now here is the same character and their "new" place in Neverwinter.

wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    You could finish the campaigns without fully doing every quest. In this new mod you may have to go back and complete a few quests that are now required. I had to go back and finish up a few, but it didnt really bother me any
  • eminnerdev#8159 eminnerdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 32 Cryptic Developer
    The leveling Adventures introduced some new tutorial missions into the flow so everyone will have some short tasks to complete before those Adventures are finished. As well, some optional content in the old flow became required which will explain any other missing completions.

In all cases you should be able to use the Continue Story button to get a custom waypoint to exactly where you need to go to finish these out.

Thank you for the feedback!
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2021

The leveling Adventures introduced some new tutorial missions into the flow so everyone will have some short tasks to complete before those Adventures are finished. As well, some optional content in the old flow became required which will explain any other missing completions.

In all cases you should be able to use the Continue Story button to get a custom waypoint to exactly where you need to go to finish these out.

That statement is about Levelling Adventures, which yes there are a few new task complete. Fine. The problem the poster submitted (and I also have) is with the Elemental Evil Adventure.

On my main character on Live it currently has "Completed" against every item in the Elemental Campaign window. However, when I go onto preview the 4 areas are missing some quests. This would be ok if were just "complete the final task", but for the Spinward Rise area it says I have to do ALL 26 of the quests.

On a second character (which I haven't played in years) it also has every entry in the Elemental Evil campaign completed. However, unlike my main character when I go onto preview it all shows everything completed.

So something is definitely wrong. I only had this problem with the Elemental Evil, all others were fine.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I question how anyone paying cash money for the buy out tokens feels about this? Do they have "a few minor quests" to finish up before they get their 100% completion back? @eminnerdev#8159 To fully understand what I am talking about, you need to study the historical record of this forum here. I am telling you this for your good, not mine, I am done playing your game.

These people quit playing the game because the team never corrected their mistake. Then others returned in 2020 to play and found the same problem here yet again. This has been a thorn in my side, because I pride myself of being 100% complete on my 8 characters. However I was forced to use a buyout token for the one character who got stuck because someone didn't look before they leaped. There wasn't so much as an apology for this mess, it is far too late to mend fences now.

Now if I feel this strongly about this, just reimagine how many players who don't get the memo will be upset by your minor changes.

Good luck!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    on PC just tried my main barbarian on preview ...
    i had completed EVERY campaign before copying it over to preview but on preview EE spinward rise says i have 0% completed and only the quest trouble on the winds is ticked and cant get any more quests at spinward rise...
    In addition all legacy campaigns now have one quest not completed yet they are all 100% completed on live.
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    campaign bug completed

I cannot redeem the rewards of the campaign I have completed it does not give me missions and I had already completed these campaigns in the old module
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User

it is not correct what you say if you look at my chat I can not have any mission and the button does not work also I had paid the token to complete everything as we put it? do you solve this problem? or should we leave the game as soon as the new module comes out?
  • bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    i have all campaigns completed on live on my main toon BUT on preview EE is not completed (spinward rise -trouble on the winds quest)and nor is well of dragons ...On preview neither one gives me any option to complete them. EE (elemental evil) spinward rise for example has a continue story button which does NOT give any options to continue, clicking the button doesn't do anything and no indication of how or where to get that quest in order to complete it.
    Well of dragons is worse as it is the first task uncompleted (travel to well of dragons) and since i have unlocked WoD i can travel there already on preview so i can NOT complete the task to travel there because its supposed to show in the journal but doesnt.
    Again clicking continue story does NOT give me any quest to continue nor does it give anything in the quest journal.
    Clearly the intial quest to travel to WoD is now an entirely new one and not part of the original campaign and as a result is now broken for me.
    ALSO I TESTED THE TOKEN TO COMPLETE WELL OF DRAGONS AND IT DOES NOT WORK ON PREVIEW AND IS CONSUMED BUT STILL LEAVES THE TASK UNCOMPLETED TO TRAVEL TO WELL OF DRAGONS AND TRAVELING TO WELL OF DRAGONS ALSO STILL DOES NOT COMPLETE THAT FIRST TASK.
    Post edited by bronto111 on
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I was just online with Preview this appears to be fixed now, with Elemental Evil showing 100% complete on Wendy's account. I will delete and clone a current character later to make sure.