test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Xuna and Mirage Weapons

Since the start of everyone BIS migrating to mirage weapons, it's become an increasing problem in new content. Nearly everybody has the weapon set and runs Xuna along with it as the active companion.

With the new bounty hunts, this is where my frustration lies and I don't just speak for myself, I also speak for those that do not yet have Xuna or mirage weapons yet and as a result are effectively losing out 90% of the time on sharandar hunts because other players are literally one shotting hunts with their Xuna and mirage weapons combinations.

Those players affected by the loss of not getting a registered hit have to then go right back to square one with the farming process and have to wait yet again for another spawn or move instances and wait again.

Its time consuming it's annoying and it's killing the public cooperation in open zones because it's sparking conflict between random players and causes a rift as seen on console zone chat.

In a bid to dissolve such issues I'm simply asking the Devs to work on this matter. There is nothing wrong with bounty spawns and locations. The issue lies directly with the amount of xunas output damage combined with the multiple mirage attacks from the weapon buff.

Xuna needs to be rescaled to meet other companion damage to make competitive playing more fair and mirage weapons need a debuff where either damage is reduced or the amount of mirages is reduced to even the playing field when farming.

It is becoming too easy for players and most who run Xuna and mirage weapons have become lazy with their own build because their companion and weapon set do the job in seconds in the open zones especially bounty hunts so they don't use toon abilities as much as they just sit back and let Xuna handle most things.

The same thing happens with hunts in Avernus on the larger manes for chain drops. Xunas are seen one shotting manes not allowing other players waiting on same mane to register a hit and get the chance for loot.

Its providing a very unfair disadvantage over players who don't have Xuna or mirage weapons and either if not both, need to be nerfed to restore competitive gaming between players in open zones so that other players can restore their faith in getting chances on hits when farming the bounties so that they can progress through campaigns and gear collections for third characters.

Please can I ask that other forum users don't hate me on this with negative replies. I only ask that Devs look into the matter and get it sorted before console playerbase gets even more toxic.

Regards.
DarthSicarius.

Comments

• Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    From what I've read, Xuna is #1 in mobs damage but #6 in single target/boss. You left out in your posts that for any companion to have max damage potential 6x Indom + 2x Warlords.

I am not sure "nerfing" Xuna is ideal, she got a nerf a while back. Plus you get a lot of angry players who put a lot of Zen/ADs to buy/upgrade Xuna.

Xuna is the current :"Chultan Tiger" and Mirage is the current "Exalted Primal", give it time and something more pretty and shiny will replace, where we all either have to spend Zen/AD to buy/upgrade.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I disagree that mirage set/Xuna are the problem here.

It took me 4 weeks to finally finish the task by running around. 4 weeks and I got one shattered diamond shard... And you know what? It was easy to figure out where the hunt marks spawn, because there was always a group of people sitting at the spot. If you do not spawn camp, the quest is ridiculously hard.

If you do spawn camp - and none of those 4 other guys next to you decides to use tunnelvision before other can even get near, you can finish one quest within 20 mins. (assuming it is not a substitute monster that spawns or that the system somehow omits your participation)
    I admit that it is nice that you can pile up hunt mark camping, random queue waiting to pop-up and watching you favourite TV series to a single 30 min time-frame, but...

The main problem clearly is that hunt marks are not present on the map.
    Due to 10 mins gaps between spawns, due to the chance that it is not the hunt mark that will spawn. The rather insufficient % that killing of some hunt marks transfer to your quest gauge does not help either.

Saying the mirage set/Xuna are the problem is equal to claiming that we expect the game to be played by sitting on a spot for prolonged periods, praying that you eventually will be fast enough to land a hit which the system would actually register. I disagree with that.
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I'm sorry, but posts like this are getting old. Instead if coming here complaining about other people and what they have, go grind the game and get the same stuff. I bet you still struggle with the quest with both. We all do... as stated above, gear and comps aren't the issue. Its game design. As like the old sharandar, this one is full of griefable quests. Everyone is competing for the same thing. This is what creates the toxic environment. Not gear... Not companions. So please, do us all a favor, stop asking for nerfs.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I don't have Xuna or mirage weapon set for all 6 characters I play (Rogue, Warlock, Barbarian, Cleric, Ranger and Paladin). My characters are far (miles away) from best. I don't have the mentioned problem. If I have to "establish" a problem, it is mostly RNG and not other players or what other players are using.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    As nic said, Xuna is not one of the top single target companions. Also, Mirage weapons don't help you to one-shot anything, you have to get a shot in yourself to trigger the mirages and then they deal at-will damage.

You're seeing these hunt targets go down fast, inspecting the players and inferring that it must be because of those specific elements even though you don't know how those particular elements are rated or operate.

The devs have already retested and rebalanced both of the above items since the combat rework and they are now WAI.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I suppose my thousands of hours in game and tens of millions of AD spent on developing my skills and characters don't make it fair for those who haven't done the same. It may sound harsh, but we are not equal.

There is nothing wrong with Xuna, running her is a choice that anyone is free to make. Mirage weapons are fine too, they require more grind than I'm willing to do (one set of Fey is enough for me), so kudos to those that have done it.

BTW on my VERY undergeard 31k Paladin, I haven't had trouble getting bounties done.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC