test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Music Box Set OVERPERFORMING

xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
Its no secret that for certain classes this set is contributing to an OVERALL contribution of 8-13% when utilized correctly. This FAR outweighs any other sets available to any other DPS class(that cant utilize the music box), therefore causing a large and unnecessary imbalance in dps paragons.

4.4% ADDITIVE bonus from the new Vault of Stars set Vs. an overall contribution of 8-13 %. This should warrant an immediate change which would overall show the team is listening and addressing players issues on top of keeping a clean balance in our beloved neverwinter.

Even classes benefitting from this other then the selfish players would acknowledge this.

Proposal : Start with a 30 second cooldown on the Music Box Set and work from there it will probably take 2 tweeks to get this right, but overall this set should not be doing more then 4% overall damage( and thats still on the high end). With a 30 second cooldown this will still be a BIS choice for the classes using it and still outweigh other sets but bring it much closer to balance and alleviate some salt in the community.

Comments

• sultan#4303 sultan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Agreed. The disparity is very noticeable especially on under-performing classes such as barbarian.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    I suggest nerfing the classes that benefit from it by 8-15%
    Elite Whaleboy
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    @xavior44 Does the new set of VOS have an average of 4.4%?

I remember that when the Demon Lords Set nerfed, its damage dropped to an average of between 2.4% and 2.6%. 4.4% was very close when the HP difference in the original bonus had not been nerfed.

So much so that there was a lot of criticism about the set of TIC and this modified to give +2.5 bonus damage outside what it already did versus demons and devils.
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

I suggest nerfing the classes that benefit from it by 8-15%

Although a possible solution, they are trying to avoid "nerfs" especially to classes as people take it personally.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Would I be right in thinking you are referring to the Ranger class? Rangers benefit from the current trend of making set bonuses active on Daily use as they have several Dailies that only use 25% or 50% of the charge.

They need to find a better / fairer way of activating these set bonuses - especially since they nerfed AP gain.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Give the other classes faster AP gain.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited May 2021
    greywynd said:

Give the other classes faster AP gain.

I think AP gain is too slow in general - but to be fair I think all classes should have at least 1 daily that uses only 25% of AP and be of a similar level of benefit as Forest Ghost (with their utilities adjusted). This could easily be done on less popular Dailies. E.g.:

Paladin - Radiant Charge
    Rogue - Hateful Knives
    Barbarian - Savage Advance
    Cleric - Flame Strike
    etc

(I deliberately picked Dailies that are active on both paragons). To be clear, Rangers Forest Ghost is a pretty useless Daily - it's just used to activate bonuses linked to Dailies.

I particularly like the Barb's Savage Advance for this as it would give them a means of rushing into enemy groups with only 25% AP used so as to reduce stamina being wasted on getting into enemy groups.

greywynd said:

Meanwhile, the wizard just needs all of its magnitudes increased by a factor of 10 at the minimum.

Oh I agree completely.

• mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Show an ACT of any class getting 10% of their damage from the music box set in a trial and we may agree with you. I have a feeling we will be waiting for quite some time though since its not happening.

Show an ACT of any class getting 10% of their damage from the music box set in a trial and we may agree with you. I have a feeling we will be waiting for quite some time though since its not happening.

I also think that these numbers do not reflect reality, but it was easy for the topic creator to come here and speak NERF the HR class! :p
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User

I also think that these numbers do not reflect reality, but it was easy for the topic creator to come here and speak NERF the HR class! :p
    I didnt say nerf HR or i would have suggested increasing their daily cost to 100% like every other class. You acknowledging its the ranger benefitting really just emphasizes what i was saying, its no secret. The devs have the backend logs and they can see exactly what is doing what, dont like my suggestion? Move on
    Why should the trials be the yardstick? Regular usage is impacted as well.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • miraclegaming#9971 miraclegaming Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    To solve this, let all Daily Powers for each class have the same AP cost as the rangers :D
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    To be "completely" fair... how about each class has his/her own powers that are unique to that class. If you don't like that the Arbiter is under performing say... the Rouge, then play a Rogue, if not.... then understand that the Rouge is just stronger at certain things.

STOP the madness of always wanting a Rogue, Wizard, Warlock to be a Ranger, they are NOT Rangers, nor show they be. They have "nerfed" almost everything in this game to the point of many just giving up and playing ESO. I know this as a fact as many of my guild/alliance did exactly that.

Do your best on the character you play or... play something else, but for God's sake stop with "It's not Fair, my Warlock cannot shoot arrows" kind of thing.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

To be "completely" fair... how about each class has his/her own powers that are unique to that class. If you don't like that the Arbiter is under performing say... the Rouge, then play a Rogue, if not.... then understand that the Rouge is just stronger at certain things.

STOP the madness of always wanting a Rogue, Wizard, Warlock to be a Ranger, they are NOT Rangers, nor show they be. They have "nerfed" almost everything in this game to the point of many just giving up and playing ESO. I know this as a fact as many of my guild/alliance did exactly that.

Do your best on the character you play or... play something else, but for God's sake stop with "It's not Fair, my Warlock cannot shoot arrows" kind of thing.

A small nerf (50% damage reduction) to hunters would bring balance to the game.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Well I just tried this on my ranger warden and I can see very little difference from using any other artifact set. No need for a Nerf in my opinion . I am most likely going to get the twinkling star set which is a constant damage percentage depending on the health of the enemy which will produce a hell of a lot more than the possible 15% damage increase .
    Maybe this music set is better than most for end game dungeon ? Can’t comment , I only do REDQ and see really no difference in end of dungeon damage as opposed to avernus set and couple others . Minimal at best .
    Btw , I have yet to see a ranger on top of damage scoreboard unless real lousy group .
    Rogues and warlocks , some barbs and a few wizards ( very few ) usually top RTQ and REDQ on PS4 from what I have witnessed. When the group is theoretically a good group .

Well I just tried this on my ranger warden and I can see very little difference from using any other artifact set. No need for a Nerf in my opinion . I am most likely going to get the twinkling star set which is a constant damage percentage depending on the health of the enemy which will produce a hell of a lot more than the possible 15% damage increase .
    Maybe this music set is better than most for end game dungeon ? Can’t comment , I only do REDQ and see really no difference in end of dungeon damage as opposed to avernus set and couple others . Minimal at best .
    Btw , I have yet to see a ranger on top of damage scoreboard unless real lousy group .
    Rogues and warlocks , some barbs and a few wizards ( very few ) usually top RTQ and REDQ on PS4 from what I have witnessed. When the group is theoretically a good group .

Yes, you shouldn't consider scaled content. In them everything is an illusion, and players who don't even cap 1 stat compete with you equally. But I agree with you that this set is not the reason why HR is currently the strongest class in the game, even more than TR, which should in principle be the strongest class in the game and serve as a parament for the others.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    LMAO.
    - bye bye -
    "Oh we want different builds"
    "Oh we want different items for different builds"
    "Oh we want diversity, and that you really have to know your class"

Why not just completely scratch the "on daily use" part huh
    - bye bye -
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @admiralwarlord#3792 said:
    > Yes, you shouldn't consider scaled content. In them everything is an illusion, and players who don't even cap 1 stat compete with you equally. But I agree with you that this set is not the reason why HR is currently the strongest class in the game, even more than TR, which should in principle be the strongest class in the game and serve as a parament for the others.

Oh ok ty .
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Barb should actually be the strongest class in the game being it only hits things and has no other talents like the others. The only thing it knows how to do is deal damage.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    And no, I don't play a Barb and have no vested interests in saying this.

Barb should actually be the strongest class in the game being it only hits things and has no other talents like the others. The only thing it knows how to do is deal damage.

What talents do you need in current content other than dps, for dps?
    - bye bye -
    Well I see it this way... TR can evade and attack without affecting tank aggro, HR can control, wiz can control, DC can heal, tanks hold aggro and prevent others from taking damage, bla bla bla, they all have extra talents to offer a team which help in various different ways to smooth a run for everyone, but the Barb has no such extra talent. All it does is damage and nothing else so I just believe it should do the most. PVP is another story because it's one-on-one damage between players but I'm not talking about PVP here. I'm talking group content and what each class can bring to a team.
    Control in this game is an illusion.
    greywynd said:

Control in this game is an illusion.

Its tougher when on the receiving end. Some of those redcaps!
    - bye bye -
    Well, the devs got the Charm ability all wrong. It's supposed to end when the charmer or their associates attack the victim of the Charm. Instead it usually lasts through the death of the caster.