test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bounty rewards chance is zero or absent !

pantha7pantha7 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
Last two weeks in a row bounties give nothing more than seals and diamonds....given the hours you have to spend to kill bounties in two zones...it is officially ...SUCH A HUGE WASTE OF TIME....srsly cryptic Nitocris... increase chances for epic rings ! it's ridiculous and unacceptable to waste players time...

Comments

• Options
    chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    I actually didn't realize bounties could give anything other than diamonds!

WOW.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    RNG. So far, I got 3 green and 1 blue one slot companion gears which are not something too excited. I was not farming for bounty at all.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I’ve turned in well over 20 and just the odd green one and finally got a blue one . Rng is not my friend
  • Options
    giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    I can confirm. Two weeks running daily bounties and the RNG is terrible, almost all days getting nothing but diamonds. Sometimes green companion gear and always the same item.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I wrote this in another thread: "Rainer did a recent video on Bounty drop rates for purple companion gear and the rate he found was very low. 2.2% for level 1,300 and 0.2% for level 1,350."
    The thread is here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13182428

I included the video which I will do here as well.

https://youtu.be/ebAt_D-PMHs
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    odanobunaga#4974 odanobunaga Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Forget bounties! They are a waste of time, despite hitting the county beasts your hits are often not counted and you get no % and as a reward you receive one diamond shard and some campaign currency. Nothing else!
    Sorry, but I have better things to do. There are better games out there with fair rewards like X4 Foundations.
    Unemployed people might have time for this HAMSTER, but they usually don't have much money to spare. People with jobs have money, but they have limited spare time and they won't be putting their money into such an unfair and boring game.
    You should think about your (paying) target audience.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I never understand how/why people wasted "hours" camping. There are only two bounties per day per toon. It is not longer you camp more stuff you get. I play 6 characters. I do not camp and I do not care much about bounty (as I pay little attention to RNG stuff). Yet, I got my daily bounties done when I happen to go to the zone to do the quests and come across bounty target.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > I never understand how/why people wasted "hours" camping. There are only two bounties per day per toon. It is not longer you camp more stuff you get. I play 6 characters. I do not camp and I do not care much about bounty (as I pay little attention to RNG stuff). Yet, I got my daily bounties done when I happen to go to the zone to do the quests and come across bounty target.

I camp when doing chores around house , going for walk , swimming etc .
  • Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Whether opening shatterrd diamand doing bounties, the drop rates are garbage for comp gear. I have opened almost 50 diamond shard and haven't gotten a single piece, but after the first 30 bounties and getting 2 green piece of gear I would call bounties a flat fail as well.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Things like this are making people angry, or just skip the mechanic.

I wonder whats the point. What does cryptic win with this.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    > @darthpotater said:
    > Things like this are making people angry, or just skip the mechanic.
    >
    > I wonder whats the point. What does cryptic win with this.

It's the incentive for players to buy keypacks with diamond shards...
  • Options
    acrinicusacrinicus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Bounties = pass.
    Diamonds = pass.
    VoS chests = pass.

The RNG is beyond awful on all of these and not worth the time investment nor the negative reinforcement each time one you complete / open one. When Avernus was released, I spent nearly 5 months straight immersed in that content, and only then did it become so tedious and tiresome that I returned to legacy content. I haven't visited Sharandar in over two weeks. It is an awful dumpster fire of a mod, and it is all about the RNG IMO. Nothing is worth the effort, except the 60 minutes of total storyline you get every 6 weeks.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I never understand how/why people wasted "hours" camping. There are only two bounties per day per toon. It is not longer you camp more stuff you get. I play 6 characters. I do not camp and I do not care much about bounty (as I pay little attention to RNG stuff). Yet, I got my daily bounties done when I happen to go to the zone to do the quests and come across bounty target.

Absolutely. And its pure RNG. This next bit will annoy a lot of you but...

Yesterday, by pure chance I stumbled across and killed a 50% bounty creature. My fourth ever bounty.

And yes, you guessed it, handed it in and got a 1300 il companion piece.

All pure chance.
    -------------------

Same when we were chasing that ornage +5 ring in ToDG I ran 100 or so, maybe 150.

Lolled at myself.

Did a ToDG purely by chance one day and got a very useful +5 ring.

Pure chance.
    --------------------

Day one of Soshenstar river, picked up a t-map, stumbled across the location, dug it up and got a really nice head piece.

Pure chance.
    --------------------

I never ever grind, I play what's fun, if I get something then its a bonus - its a game, not a job :)
  • Options

Yesterday, by pure chance I stumbled across and killed a 50% bounty creature. My fourth ever bounty.

All pure chance.
    -------------------

Same when we were chasing that ornage +5 ring in ToDG I ran 100 or so, maybe 150.

Lolled at myself.

Pure chance.
    --------------------

Day one of Soshenstar river, picked up a t-map, stumbled across the location, dug it up and got a really nice head piece.

Pure chance.
    --------------------

I never ever grind, I play what's fun, if I get something then its a bonus - its a game, not a job :)
    As I said many times, if you don't care, you will get get it. If you care, you won't. :)
  • Options
    horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    I'm even bored and now to change my game I know that I give up everything
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

All pure chance.
    -------------------

Lolled at myself.

Pure chance.
    --------------------

Pure chance.
    --------------------

As I said many times, if you don't care, you will get get it. If you care, you won't. :)
    Yup I agree over 100% mate