test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirage Set's Master of Illusion effect uses a different At-will Power from another Paragon Path

makaroni5makaroni5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
First of all, hello to whoever this discussion is related to.
Last day I've obtained my Mirage Set for my Wizard (Control Wizard/CW as their old name goes) who is an Arcanist in paragon path and tried to use it to see how it goes in battle. To my suprise, when Master of illusions effect occurs from my Mirage Set, my illusions/clones uses Chilling Cloud At-will Power from the Thaumaturge Paragon Path and I didn't know what to do. I've submitted a bug ticket (request number 505878) immediately to ask if this is intentional or a bug in-game and they told me this is indeed a bug and wanted me to submit a bug report in this forum too. I've read the bug reporting guide and will try to do a step-by step explanation too. Thank you in advance.

1-Log in to a level 60+ Control Wizard
2-Equip Mirage Set (Orb and Talisman)
3-Head to any zone with monsters
4-Target or use an encounter power to trigger Master of Illusions effect from the Mirage Set
5-While Master of Illusions is active, observe the illusions/clones behaviour

Observed Result:
Clones uses Chilling Cloud from Thaumaturge Paragon Path

Expected Result:
Clones are expected to use skills within characters's own powers (magic missile, ray of frost, storm pillar and arcane bolt)
Tagged:

Comments

• bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    That's just how mirage set works since years. Paragon has nothing to do with this.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Yup, yonks ago on my CW back when I had this set I had no control over the at-will the mirages used, I think from memory it was the same at-will I used anyway but it would not have changed if I had changed my active at-will to another one, it was just the one they came with.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Someone commented previously that it was tied to whichever at-will you have selected on the main hand 10% enhancement (I can't remember the name of the option...)

I've not tested it myself to see if that's accurate.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Doesn't seem to work in the Hell Pit either.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Set was designed when Chilling Cloud wasn't a paragon power and wasn't updated in mod 16. Seems doubtful that devs would update it now, but stranger things have happened, like them buffing it, so who knows.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • bitcrusher#9275 bitcrusher Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Someone commented previously that it was tied to whichever at-will you have selected on the main hand 10% enhancement (I can't remember the name of the option...)

I cant confirm this. On my Barb they only doing a slow hitting animation (dont know the english name of the used skill). They dont even use Sure strike or anything, i already tried and switched skills without having any effect. Everything seems bugged here :(
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

No it's not.

• seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    As a hunter i had problems with it too, but ... maybe it's not a bug however it was annoying but it can be good for a warden. The clones were using melee at-will, but I use the bow as the main weapon, so there is almost always some distance between me and the target(s), which results in the clones not always attacking.
    Also, the at-will's modification (+10%) on the bow is different than the at-will used by the clones.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    From what I know as a fellow Wizzy main... ALL sources of clones cast Chilling Cloud regardless of Paragon or what At-Wills you have equipped. It's been this way since Paranoid Delusion came out. To me, it seems that any Clone you create from whatever source is programmed to cast Chilling Cloud and that's it. Same goes with all the other classes, they all have 1 specific At-Will that they will use. It sucks, but I do honestly believe that it's WAI.