test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter UI

kretnoizekretnoize Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2021 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Why Neverwinter UI take so match away FPS out of players ?
In the link below shows in 2 images difference FPS with UI ON and UI OFF

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EnVtRdWYuqz6oM0yoJI7wKRTwp35NFVa

Comments

• Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    This thread is for "Peer to Peer Support" as in players supporting other players. You could ask this question to the developers, but I doubt they will give you any answer beyond, it is how the engine works. The only thing I can tell you about this from a technical point of view, this 3D engine core is pretty old (about 15 or more years now) and in 2018, they did some hacking to increase it from 32 bit processing to 64 bit. They didn't replace it, they just tweaked it. The UI overlay could be calling for more frames than what is really needed to update itself, maybe they missed a frame limiter in that section of the old code? Players just don't know these answers. The players don't have access to their code to tell you (or them) why this happens.

You can ask your question in a more public place, such as General topic, Feedback, or Bug Reports, from my point of view, the current developers are not the developers who created this engine, and they far too busy to decode the 3D engine.