test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sharandar Boring??? Oh Ya

casey#2467 casey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Well after waiting several weeks for part 2 to come out, it took all of 90 min or less to complete the max 100 needed. Now its wait will Monday to get another 100. So for the rest of the week I will just login, get my key and play something else. No point in even running HE as the new Seal of the Wild does not even drop in this mod. Wow, how silly is that? Make your players wait, wait, wait. Oh ya, just play something else. I used to love this game, been playing various forms of D&D for more than 40 years. So the D&D is not boring, just Neverwinter is. So a shout out to those amazing developers who have make this so.......... fill in the blank.

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    Perhaps boring to some, not worth for other, major grind for a few; New Sharandar daily 2x Bounty for the chance of 1300 ilv companion gears. Lots of VoS for the new legendary rings.
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    hamster /filling the blank haha/
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I believe Cryptic understand this and is the reason why CW is no longer on the team...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • groo#6243 groo Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    I prefer the art for the old Sharandar campaign. The new more pastel colouring and more 'realistic' look seems boring compared to the older more fantasy style of art.

Mind you, it is still a vast improvement on vallenhas and avernus. I hated the design of both (no offense to the design team). I know it is meant to be a representation of hell, but it was just so drab and dull and monochrome and boring. It really highlighted the grind. I completed the campaign and never went back. Skipped all of the episodic stuff as I couldn't face going into those zones again. On the plus side, I used the time to go back and complete all except one of the legacy campaigns, so yay!
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I liked the old sharandar better too, but it's cool the new one doesn't have as many lag moments. I liked the old redcaps a lot more than the new ones. At least it doesn't take long to hit the weekly cap...still not motivated to run my alts through it.
  • groo#6243 groo Member Posts: 98 Arc User

I think Undermountain spoiled me in a way because it was so different from level to level and you could do as much or little as you like giving the time you wanted to play. The MEs and Zok boxes were also fun and the odds were still crappy RNG but the amount of time you had to invest to get them compared to the rewards felt ok.

New Sharandar should be AMAZING but perhaps NW has reached a point both technically, narratively and financially where they just can’t make the material to stay relevant/engaging any longer? IDK. I just feel like we are coasting on fumes now.

I don't know. Undermountain was produced at a time when people were also saying Neverwinter was coasting. It took longer to produce and is cited by many as the reason why AI was so bad (cryptic were committed to releasing an update, but had already focused most of it's resources on Undermountain). I think that shows it can still be done, but everyone would need to accept there would be a longer gap between releases to allow for that kind of development and I don't think the player base is that patient (there are just too many alternative games out there and we are a fickle bunch).

I do feel it would have been better to extend Sharandar rather than replace it. I was somewhat surprised when one of the main complaints is lack of content.

I'm also surprised that Wizards of the Coast don't push for a better experience for the player base as it is their reputation that suffers too.

Anyway, I guess we will have to wait for cryptic to appoint a new director as to whether things can improve or, as you say, Neverwinter is destined to coast on fumes.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    So why new/revamped sharandar ? We all liked old one. I think someone(s) need to give us that answer... 5 new boons ?!?!?! Well i don't know where to put them anyway...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I don't like the old one. I am not saying I like the new one neither. I basically hate the old one. The 2nd after SKT.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    nic1985 said:

Perhaps boring to some, not worth for other, major grind for a few; New Sharandar daily 2x Bounty for the chance of 1300 ilv companion gears. Lots of VoS for the new legendary rings.

1300 are weeks that gives me green and blue HAMSTER and sometimes gives nothing and I have 6 active characters in sharandar
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User

I don't like the old one. I am not saying I like the new one neither. I basically hate the old one. The 2nd after SKT.

It's ok. To most people AI comes as 2nd worst campaing. I even have enjoyed SKT.
    edited May 2021

It's ok. To most people AI comes as 2nd worst campaing. I even have enjoyed SKT.
    You are probably right for most people part. I actually did AI 8 times. I usually only do 6 per campaign (I have 6 main toons). I remember cursing old Sharandar the most but I still did that 6 times (no Patronage back then). I did SKT 3 times and the last 3 were done through using Patronage and Legacy Campaign.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Sharandar has been a boring campaign. A pretty and nice looking, but boring campaign. That's not even mentioning the frustratingly low drop rate of the companion gear from bounties. The whole game and the Sharandar Campaign is frustrating right now. You run dungeons for meagre rewards. I used to pull companions and mounts, a few times a month, out of chests for thousands of AD. Now? I get a few trade bars or companion upgrade tokens. The campaigns are getting boring after having done them for the how-manyth time with my characters. The game is just really boring right now. There's no incentive to play, grind campaigns, or run dungeons. It's hard to find someone that is willing to host TOMM Training, plus the whole frustration that they've made the weapons I want in a trial that requires hours upon hours of dedicated training. This isn't a CPR Course or First Aid Course that requires hours of training. This is a game. Why do I have to spend hours upon hours upon hours of training to play a game? That takes the fun out of it. Plus, the only way to upgrade is to buy zen now or trade zen for AD. I frequently find reasons not to play the game. I hope it takes a new direction. I spend money on the game, only to find myself choosing to play other games instead, because Neverwinter bores the daylights out of me. I think it's time to stop spending money on the game. I have no reason to spend money on a game that I find myself opting to not play most of the time.
    Post edited by taikaias#9396 on

Sharandar has been a boring campaign. A pretty and nice looking, but boring campaign. That's not even mentioning the frustratingly low drop rate of the companion gear from bounties. The whole game and the Sharandar Campaign is frustrating right now. You run dungeons for meagre rewards. I used to pull companions and mounts, a few times a month, out of chests for thousands of AD. Now? I get a few trade bars or companion upgrade tokens. The campaigns are getting boring after having done them for the how-manyth time with my characters. The game is just really boring right now. There's no incentive to play, grind campaigns, or run dungeons. It's hard to find someone that is willing to host TOMM Training, plus the whole frustration that they've made the weapons I want in a trial that requires hours upon hours of dedicated training. This isn't a CPR Course or First Aid Course that requires hours of training. This is a game. Why do I have to spend hours upon hours upon hours of training to play a game? That takes the fun out of it. Plus, the only way to upgrade is to buy zen now or trade zen for AD. I frequently find reasons not to play the game. I hope it takes a new direction. I spend money on the game, only to find myself choosing to play other games instead, because Neverwinter bores the daylights out of me. I think it's time to stop spending money on the game. I have no reason to spend money on a game that I find myself opting to not play most of the time.

I can relate to most of what you're saying. It's not as fun as it used to be. Only thing I don't agree with is the only way to upgrade is to buy zen for AD. I've been able to earn more AD in the game than I ever have....even before the 100k refining cap. The legacy quests and heroic medallions have been a big help with upgrades on all of my characters compared to before they were available. I've actually slowed down on upgrading my characters because it seems like every time i upgrade something they seem to get weaker. I can't see any incentive for anyone to buy zen for AD at all which is partly why the zax is taking so long.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

I've actually slowed down on upgrading my characters because it seems like every time i upgrade something they seem to get weaker.

Do you mean when you raise your IL your percentages go down? You lose the green and orange colours as well? If so, (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) this doesn't mean you're getting weaker. The percentages only represent what you can have at that IL, if the item level goes up though, you are able to have higher stats now and as a result the stats you still have which were a certain % of 100% for your previous IL will now appear lower as a percentage because the available stats you can have are now more and the percentage of that new highest level you now have is now less. The percentage only shows you how much you have at that IL for that IL. The same stats when IL is lowered would all be capped and be wasted (and showing orange), those same stats at a higher IL would all look too low and no colours would be there if the IL was high enough, the percentage only represents how your stats relate to your IL at the time. When you go orange it means you have more stats than your IL allows, when they are green they are about max for that IL and being used to the fullest. But just because your percentages go down or the colours disappear when you upgrade and raise your IL, it doesn't mean you are getting weaker, you still have all the same stats, the system is just telling you you can now have more stats and get more powerful and your percentages reflect this and show you how much more you are able to add before they are once again ignored when you max them.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    When you raise your item level, your health and damage go up (effect 1). However, depends on how that IL obtained, it could decrease the percentage other stat (effect 2). Sometime, effect 1 - effect 2 is positive and sometime is negative especially in scale content.

In short, whenever you increase IL, you may want to adjust to rebalance it.

I've actually slowed down on upgrading my characters because it seems like every time i upgrade something they seem to get weaker.

Do you mean when you raise your IL your percentages go down? You lose the green and orange colours as well? If so, (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) this doesn't mean you're getting weaker. The percentages only represent what you can have at that IL, if the item level goes up though, you are able to have higher stats now and as a result the stats you still have which were a certain % of 100% for your previous IL will now appear lower as a percentage because the available stats you can have are now more and the percentage of that new highest level you now have is now less. The percentage only shows you how much you have at that IL for that IL. The same stats when IL is lowered would all be capped and be wasted (and showing orange), those same stats at a higher IL would all look too low and no colours would be there if the IL was high enough, the percentage only represents how your stats relate to your IL at the time. When you go orange it means you have more stats than your IL allows, when they are green they are about max for that IL and being used to the fullest. But just because your percentages go down or the colours disappear when you upgrade and raise your IL, it doesn't mean you are getting weaker, you still have all the same stats, the system is just telling you you can now have more stats and get more powerful and your percentages reflect this and show you how much more you are able to add before they are once again ignored when you max them.
    I wasn't meaning weaker by the numbers, I meant like taking more damage and doing less damage. I haven't looked at the numbers in the logs to check. It's like if I clear an area like the Avernus wastes of mobs then upgrade a companion from legendary to mythic and switch to an instance to clear those mobs, it seems like I take more damage and do less. They usually do better after a day or two.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    That's weird.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.