test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AD Sink Idea (Atl. Friendly)

xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
As the game stand today we all agree there’s to much AD in-game and the that the game is now not Alt friendly when we talk about companion’s, where we need to get several copies of 1 companion and upgrade it on each character.

We this in mind I would like to propose and AD sink that help our Alts.

Since there no Account Bound high quality companions, opposite to mounts, I think that Dev’s could allow a players to bind companions to account Paying AD.

For example: We get a Deep Crow and max its level on our main Character, after that we could Pay 2 Mil AD and make that max companion available to all our characters.

If every player do that to 4-5 companions that will Sink a few billion AD in a Blink, and make the game more Alt friendly increasing the number and variety of characters each player would play.

Note: when I say pay 2Mil AD to make a mythic companion available to all character on the account, its just a number if Dev’s like the Idea they can adjust it, or that amount could change with quality, let make a Legendary Companion account bound 1Mil a Mythic 2mil.

I hope Something like this could be Implemented, helping sink AD and Increasing the number of playable character per account.

Comments

• Options
    datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    and one even better - open shop with all old gear and make it cost ad :D I wanna spend and uninstall :D
  • Options
    hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Not sure your math on the AD sink adds up? I rough calculated out your proposal and that would mean 5 comps would be 10M per alt, so to get to you 1 billion spent that would mean you would have to do that on 100 alts. Since accounts are capped at 72 alts I think that doesn't seem to jibe.

If you really want this to be an AD sink, how about if you can claim any comp you own on any character on alts at green, then you can upgrade it to mythic for 3.75M AD each? That would mean it would be 18.75M per alt for 5 comps, so that would mean you would only need 53.33 alts to spend 1B AD. Oh wait .... if you made them buy each companion for the alts for AD then you could even have more of an AD sink, as a bonus they wouldn't need to play anymore because you can just buy the comps and not do any content and hope to RNG to get the drop.

Having read what I just wrote I apologize, it seems the system I suggested is the way it is right now, for the most part. I stand by it as a bigger AD sink than yours, but your idea would definitely make the AH cleaner, nobody would ever need to buy or sell any comps eventually.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Yes please!! Would love to be able to reclaim pets on various toons by paying AD to put it in the reclaims agent!

@hastur905 the point was made that 2 MIl was just a number for the sake of a number, nothing more. Could have said 20 Mil per pet, the actual number would have to be hashed out to make sure it's a realistic sink.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    @xtremoz

ok, Now I wondering what the real reason is behind your suggestion.

Here is thing.

Lets say we implement such system,, allow to make selected companion account wide and max out ( mythic rank).

Now for fun, lets add tag price like 10kk in order use this service.

Now here is thing, lets take whatever cheap companion from AH, even like with 20k price.
    To upgrade it to max you will need spend Upgrade tokens or AD. And lets say we go with AD, just for fun..

Now how much cost AD to upgrade companion,

From uncommon (green) to Rare( blue) is somewhere 250k,
    From Rare( blue) to epic ( purple) 500k
    From Epic(purple) to Legendary( orange) - 1kk
    From Legendary to Mythic 2kk.

Little bit math> 250k + 500k + 1kk + 2kk =3.750kk per companion.

Lets say I have x4 alts, so for me would cost about 15kk ad to max out same companion for all 4 alts.

So as you can see, its not AD sink, it's actually reduce AD spending.

Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    can u give that "too much ad" to me, so I can buy my another account wide mount cause they all look so cool and ofc upgrade them to the mystic.

what's ur bank holds, 50kk, 200kk?
    seriously u need more ad sinks?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited April 2021

can u give that "too much ad" to me, so I can buy my another account wide mount cause they all look so cool and ofc upgrade them to the mystic.

Too much AD in game is not the same as too much AD for an individual.
    In addition, OP does not really adding more AD sink. His proposal actually reduces AD sink.
    Adding "optional" AD sink does not mean you are forced to use it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, i'd rather like to see some fresh "hard-to-get" or former "promotion only" companions being rotated on a monthly basis to the Wondrous Bazaar as epic versions for a reasonable price, so that the majority of players will spend their AD on them.

I mean, unless someone is actually swimming in AD, they're not going to upgrade all their companions towards mythic on alt. characters, especially after the "Combat Rework" where a crappy equipped character feels better to play around with in many scenarios then your fully decked out one.

Which brings me neatly to the AD sinks we already have in game, dear Devs, i don't think that most of them are even working, overpriced crappy companions in the WB for example, so the first step should be to come up with something people want to burn AD on, and then add more valid options to that over time.

I get it, either you or some bean counter above you is dreaming, that we all will just open our wallets hearts and start spending more money on the game again, since the ZAX is backlogged for months, but that's simply not going to happen, the ones that still have some ViP left will probably log in daily for the lockbox key and wait it out, while others will just move on to another game and spend their money there.

Anyway, they have changed ZEN shop companions into account wide versions, so i don't think they're going to do a similar or rather improved AD option, but we might see more and hopefully better companions brought to the Wondrous Bazaar at some point.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2021

Too much AD in game is not the same as too much AD for an individual.
    In addition, OP does not really adding more AD sink. His proposal actually reduces AD sink.
    Adding "optional" AD sink does not mean you are forced to use it.
    Too many bots holding ADs (Bots are bad boys, they r botting ZAX with 10 accounts), I assume not real players, right?
    I say game is fine at current state,
    Cryptic already made great alt-friendly moves: account-wide mounts, reclaimable Zen-store companions, Reclaimable Zen Store Packs,
    also they crashed market market with 1000tbar R15s, everything is so cheap now, it's too alt-friedly already.

I got it yeah, maybe someone's dream to play right now not someday with 10 maxed out twink-characters, that's a wrong dream, u know.

OP states "AD sink that help our Alts." OK

I've posted my alt reqs, they are clear: 3kk per pet upgrade, 3kk per mount upgrade, that's all (everything else can be moved between characters).
    Cryptic want you to play unlock game not move goods over and over between inventories.

Prior account-wide unlock I had 2 lions 2 tensers and another 3 mounts on my main and alts and you know I came back to the game just cause Cryptic made that damn account wide-unlock, I bought lion again and so I can have it on my alts and no longer need to worry about 20kk lions, never again;

> Adding "optional" AD sink does not mean you are forced to use it.
    mystic mounts 2.5-3.0kk, that's not enough for your alt character? that's all exactly optional u can open zen store, buy 1 time and reclaim over and over again: legendary, epic mounts and companions.
    I got you, maxed-out twinks, yeah yeah, no longer to grind, that's a point to play this game then?

It took 5 years to make account-wide gear and account-wide mounts https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1217714
    and or holy, Zen reclaimable mounts and companions.
    :popcorn:
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    hastur905 said:

Not sure your math on the AD sink adds up? I rough calculated out your proposal and that would mean 5 comps would be 10M per alt, so to get to you 1 billion spent that would mean you would have to do that on 100 alts. Since accounts are capped at 72 alts I think that doesn't seem to jibe.

If you really want this to be an AD sink, how about if you can claim any comp you own on any character on alts at green, then you can upgrade it to mythic for 3.75M AD each? That would mean it would be 18.75M per alt for 5 comps, so that would mean you would only need 53.33 alts to spend 1B AD. Oh wait .... if you made them buy each companion for the alts for AD then you could even have more of an AD sink, as a bonus they wouldn't need to play anymore because you can just buy the comps and not do any content and hope to RNG to get the drop.

Having read what I just wrote I apologize, it seems the system I suggested is the way it is right now, for the most part. I stand by it as a bigger AD sink than yours, but your idea would definitely make the AH cleaner, nobody would ever need to buy or sell any comps eventually.

I have no I what you talking about Math... cuz when i talk about billions going out of the game Iam talking about player base not my alts.
    But i would like to see you get and a dedicated squire in all your alts? upgrade its not expensive but since theres like 1 or 2 in AH for 15mil... i cant upgrade what doesnt exists.
  • Options

@xtremoz

ok, Now I wondering what the real reason is behind your suggestion.

Here is thing.

Lets say we implement such system,, allow to make selected companion account wide and max out ( mythic rank).

Now for fun, lets add tag price like 10kk in order use this service.

Now here is thing, lets take whatever cheap companion from AH, even like with 20k price.
    To upgrade it to max you will need spend Upgrade tokens or AD. And lets say we go with AD, just for fun..

Now how much cost AD to upgrade companion,

From uncommon (green) to Rare( blue) is somewhere 250k,
    From Rare( blue) to epic ( purple) 500k
    From Epic(purple) to Legendary( orange) - 1kk
    From Legendary to Mythic 2kk.

Little bit math> 250k + 500k + 1kk + 2kk =3.750kk per companion.

Lets say I have x4 alts, so for me would cost about 15kk ad to max out same companion for all 4 alts.

So as you can see, its not AD sink, it's actually reduce AD spending.

The real reason is to make the game alt friendly.... I would like to know what your reason to be aggressive or even say i have a secret agenda!

1st the good companions are not on Zen market so buy them there to have 1 for each alt... doesnt work, wonder bazar not many good companions there either.

So lets go on AH and spend 2-3mil on a good companion buy 4-5x times per alt maybe you can do that most players cant.
    And buying on AH just sinks 10% of the AD since 90% stay in game just changes Hands.
  • Options
    @hadestemplar#9918 "Now here is thing, lets take whatever cheap companion from AH, even like with 20k price." I like this part... go on AH and buy 20k companion spend 5mil to upgrade then spend 5mil+ and make account available, its not and AD sink yes you right... it never a AD sink for a companion that cost 20k on AH it cost 20k cuz no 1 wants or uses it.

why dont you talk about 5mil companions? lets buy 5 of those to use on 5 alts then upgrade them all... lets buy 5 Xunas or 5 Iron warriors... I would buy 1 and pay to upgrade it then pay to make it available to all my chars... i will never Buy 5 xuna... and the ad sink part is on upgrade + unlock th AD get out of the game... buy 5 xunas the AD changes Hands... and stays in game.
  • Options
    reg1981 said:

Yes please!! Would love to be able to reclaim pets on various toons by paying AD to put it in the reclaims agent!

@hastur905 the point was made that 2 MIl was just a number for the sake of a number, nothing more. Could have said 20 Mil per pet, the actual number would have to be hashed out to make sure it's a realistic sink.

Thanks for understanding me and my idea... or we just 2 stupid/bad guys with a secret agenda, according to all the bad reactions I see here.
  • Options
    Well, why would they even consider doing this, when they're selling account-wide companions and mounts for real money?
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    xtremoz said:

The real reason is to make the game alt friendly.... I would like to know what your reason to be aggressive or even say i have a secret agenda!

1st the good companions are not on Zen market so buy them there to have 1 for each alt... doesnt work, wonder bazar not many good companions there either.

So lets go on AH and spend 2-3mil on a good companion buy 4-5x times per alt maybe you can do that most players cant.
    And buying on AH just sinks 10% of the AD since 90% stay in game just changes Hands.

xtremoz said:

@hadestemplar#9918 "Now here is thing, lets take whatever cheap companion from AH, even like with 20k price." I like this part... go on AH and buy 20k companion spend 5mil to upgrade then spend 5mil+ and make account available, its not and AD sink yes you right... it never a AD sink for a companion that cost 20k on AH it cost 20k cuz no 1 wants or uses it.

why dont you talk about 5mil companions? lets buy 5 of those to use on 5 alts then upgrade them all... lets buy 5 Xunas or 5 Iron warriors... I would buy 1 and pay to upgrade it then pay to make it available to all my chars... i will never Buy 5 xuna... and the ad sink part is on upgrade + unlock th AD get out of the game... buy 5 xunas the AD changes Hands... and stays in game.

Alright,, lets see..

First of all, I didn't post agresive comment, you have to yet see realy agressive comments.

Other thing, from very start, your suggestion goes for Alt friendly and AD sink, but it didn't go in this way, so obviously I asked question what is true purpose of your suggestion.

Now here is thing, maybe you didn't look through how much it will affect game or maybe you did that and you forgot either mentioned or did that or purpose.. In any case I don't much care, cuz I doubt devs would implement such idea, considering that it would be great loose for them and in long term big loose for casual players.

But well lets play the game,, lets say devs due unknown reasons decide implement feature as you suggesting..

So what will happens and how it will goes and what kind outcome we get..

First thing, since you don't need farm same companion for your multiple alts, obviously you will sell via AH. Cuz alternative is throw them to local vendor for few coins of copper.

Now, have you though what would happens if whole players base will start to unload all stockpiled companions??
    Auction house will get overflood with companions, all will try sell off them as long they still have high value.
    The ones who had stockpiled companions will make massive profit, and gained AD will be thrown in ZAX, so backloging skyrocet, but thats not all.

Couple weeks ago I bought Hags cauldron for 320k, which is cheaper than epic and some rare ranked mounts.. In current days prices rised again to 650k, but it's not due demands increased, but that, large nwo population already have this mount and no one bother to add new ones. So some guys still hope to sell this mount for 650k+ ad..

And companions are not mounts, the are not locked behind lockbox and enchanted keys,, there are more sources to get htme.

So prices for all companions will rapidly goes down. Now also need to remind one important thing, with current companion system only 6 ocompanions are important with each your build, rest act as boister increase.
    That is one active as summoned, other 5 due their pasive abilities, ( offensive/ defensive/universal and utility slots), also t companion effect> armour break/potency and etc you may get from one of remained 14 companions..

Now only 20 highest rank/quality are cointed in Companion boister. Thats mean it's no matter if you have 40 or 50 companions.

So 6 are importnat, rest it's no matter. Lets take epic rank companions, Energon ~60k AD, and Bulete Pup also epic ranked with over 600k price tag. Both act just as Boister increase, so players will pick cheaper, and since no one need bulete = it's price will goes down,( very hard fall down).

Now here is also other outcome with this your feature. Since Companion upgrade tokens can be tranfered between chracters in same account, and you have more alts = higher chance to get them and stockpiled enough them to upgrade prefred companions.. Thats mean you will spend even less AD.

So where AD will go?? At firts it will be spent for enchantments, maybe mounts. But by looking to Hags cauldron, its safe to say legendary mounts may become cheaper than epic ranked ones, and players rather quickly get 20 of them which is also max for Mount Boister increase..

So lot of spare AD will be remained, where it will go? The answer is to ZAX.

Also with time it bring lot of problem, for any casual player or new player, it will become very hard to sell mount/companion. So only daily Random trial, Epic dungeon an Skirmish q remain source of AD incomes..

But also since there will become too many and too easily available mounts/companions, the very meaning to do content become pointless.
    From 10 so called new players at least 3 or 4 are either someones alt or it's player who return back to game after some time being out of it.

So then comes problem, older players have no drive to do conent, cuz there is no reasonable reward and they get dissapointent = leave game.
    And new players even gain companion or mount as reward, they are too cheap and no one want trade with them, also they get dissapointed and leave.

Now obviously this is theory, and some would say it is highly exaggerated.

So I would like to share one small storry..

Before I started play neverwinter, and some others In time I played mmorpg game called Cabal Online, at that time it was published by Game-Masters.com, it was operated from sheffield, UK. I don't say they where bad or great cuz thats not important.

The important part is that, ESTsoft( game owner) decide to take over EU publishing, and it was decided that ESTsoft NA branch will be in charge of EU server too.

So with reopening eu server, NA team cut prices in Premium store, cut prices for Premium (VIP) services, added items in sotres which we usually grinded in order to progress in game..

So what happened then is that, very quickly game Auction Hosue got floode with items from Premium store, mostly items where ones which where needed to upgrade character and etc.,

So very quickly players stockpiled items in their personal banks/inventories and etc.. So farming/grinding become pointless, also players stopped buy them. So guys who where selling them, stopped list in auction house, and eventually we reached point that for new players to get these items, either they had farm alone for month, and for solo where very hard, or use wallet and buy from premium store..

Since market where overflood, players stoppe farm or buy from Premium store,, ESTsoft NA finally realized their mistake that, if you broke in game economy and market = big lose for them..

For next two and half year they worked hard to clean up mess which they created, due poor understanding of game market,

In that time perio roughtly 80% population left, either to other servers, some even went to illegal private servers, some to other games. There where talks about merging EU and NA server, but I don't lnow do they did it or not. I left game. I only know that game still operational, due email with promo codes which I receive during event times.

Remember @xtremoz, Neverwinter online is still mmorpg game.Trading/selling/buying, market in general is one of core mmo elements. Break it, and game no longer mmo, and if game no longer mmo, player stop play it.. What the point to play single player game ONLINE, ? Players come for mmo, and game can't deliver it, they move elsewhere.. And this rules apply to any mmorpg game up ot day.
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    prices for tradeable items (companions, mounts) from old lockboxes go up over time, while prices for tradeable items from new locboxes go down over time, because most players prefer opening new lockboxes over opening old ones.
    it's a neverending cycle.

only the top 10 companions/mounts are being counted for the bolster.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    regenerde said:

prices for tradeable items (companions, mounts) from old lockboxes go up over time, while prices for tradeable items from new locboxes go down over time, because most players prefer opening new lockboxes over opening old ones.
    it's a neverending cycle.

only the top 10 companions/mounts are being counted for the bolster.

I was not sure if top 10 or top 20.. My mistake, but in the end, outcome similar if not worse.

In any case I doubt that company would implement this feature, cuz it will be more loose for them.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    xtremoz said:

As the game stand today we all agree there’s to much AD in-game and the that the game is now not Alt friendly when we talk about companion’s, where we need to get several copies of 1 companion and upgrade it on each character.

We this in mind I would like to propose and AD sink that help our Alts.

Since there no Account Bound high quality companions, opposite to mounts, I think that Dev’s could allow a players to bind companions to account Paying AD.

For example: We get a Deep Crow and max its level on our main Character, after that we could Pay 2 Mil AD and make that max companion available to all our characters.

If every player do that to 4-5 companions that will Sink a few billion AD in a Blink, and make the game more Alt friendly increasing the number and variety of characters each player would play.

Note: when I say pay 2Mil AD to make a mythic companion available to all character on the account, its just a number if Dev’s like the Idea they can adjust it, or that amount could change with quality, let make a Legendary Companion account bound 1Mil a Mythic 2mil.

I hope Something like this could be Implemented, helping sink AD and Increasing the number of playable character per account.

So with your proposal, let's say I buy a Deep Crow for 300k (current AH price) and spend AD to upgrade rather than companion tokens.

300,000 Deep Crow
    1,000,000 Epic to Legendary
    1,500,000 Legendary to Mythic
    -----------------------------------------------
    2,800,000 total

If I can spend 2mil AD to make that mythic Deep Crow available to, let's say 5 other characters on my account, it will be a total cost of 4,800,000 AD for 6 characters to have a mythic Deep Crow companion.

However, the way it is now if every character has to buy their own Deep Crow and upgrade it:

300,000 Deep Crow
    1,000,000 Epic to Legendary
    1,500,000 Legendary to Mythic
    2,800,000 total
    x 6 characters
    16,800,000 total

Which one is the greater AD sink?

Personally I don't think Deep Crow is worth upgrading to mythic.
    I recently spent over 5 mil AD on Hell Hounds so I could have it on 18 characters, mainly because Vallenhas is now a part of the Legendary quests and I get a 10% increase for Chaotic writings to spend on Juma bags. Sure I could have spent zen to get it for all 21 characters, but I have no intention on upgrading them to mythic at this point.

Your proposal is definitely very alt friendly, but I fail to see the AD sink in it.
    Or did I miss something?
  • Options
    flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    Bottom line. If you want and AD sink, there needs to be something worthwhile to spend it on. Buy items via the AH does NOT sink AD....it shifts wealth from one player to another. Items like the Astral boxed were a great idea as selling those via wonderous bazaar remove AD.

Second someone sitting on Zen....have you thought to as why? I know for me I need 1000/month for VIP. I buy 2000-5000 every 2-3 months. Not much left over to convert as there is not really anything for me to spend my AD on I have no need to collect more.

If zen companions become acct bound, then the companions being sold need to be worth buying.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited May 2021

Bottom line. If you want and AD sink, there needs to be something worthwhile to spend it on. Buy items via the AH does NOT sink AD....it shifts wealth from one player to another. Items like the Astral boxed were a great idea as selling those via wonderous bazaar remove AD.

Second someone sitting on Zen....have you thought to as why? I know for me I need 1000/month for VIP. I buy 2000-5000 every 2-3 months. Not much left over to convert as there is not really anything for me to spend my AD on I have no need to collect more.

If zen companions become acct bound, then the companions being sold need to be worth buying.

1. AH is AD sink. It sinks 10% for each transaction.
    2. One should not pay 1000 Zen per month for VIP. One should buy 6 month VIP when Zen store has discount. For the minimum, one should use 20% off coupon to pay 800 Zen for one month VIP.
    3. Zen companion is character bound when picked up (bought) but account wide.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Look like mythic companions entering zen store... time to buy 1 of each and be done with alts...
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    A good AD sink would be to allow mounts to be upgraded with AD the same way you can with companions
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Well, with
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11487993
    in the Wondrous Bazaar, one can only hope that a few better companions will also find their way into it.

And i doubt they're going to add mythic companions to the ZEN shop while selling
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11487973
    sure, you might get lucky and pull a companion pack from that one, but there's "only" a legendary companion in it, and it's not account-wide either.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Well, random chance, but it's still mythic and even account-wide:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11488093
    plus 2 account-wide legendary ones and 6x R15 runestones in one pack for a very high price of nearly 10k ZEN - and that's WITH a 30% discount.

I'm wondering how players, that have dumped a lot of ZEN into the "Elite Refinement Pack" and didn't get a single companion from it, are feeling right now looking at that new pack in the shop... pretty sure those players won't be spending more money on the game in the future.

And isn't it funny how that pack is sold while the Hell Pit event with the increased difficulty is still running?

Anyway, i guess we'll get account-wide companions of the legendary or mythic variety in the next new lockbox then.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?