test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about Lostmauth 100 magnitude damage from set

Hello im a relatively new player, and lately I am started using Lostmauth set on barbarian dps. It's says that whenever I proc a critical it will do a 100 magnitude damage. Im checking on the combat log and compared the magnitude with Relentless Slash with 55 magnitude.

imagelostmauth" alt="" />

Why the damage of my 55 magnitude at will is much greater than the 100 magnitude from the set effects?

Comments

• Options
    julienkoenig#7645 julienkoenig Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Because your skills profit from buffs/debuffs. Can crit and all. The Lostmauth bonus (and comparable companion bonuses doing X% Magnitude damage) just give the flat damage number as damage (which still gets resisted by the enemy defense/can get reflected)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    How did you calculate you got 55 magnitude instead of 100?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    diretide#7073 diretide Member Posts: 10 Arc User

How did you calculate you got 55 magnitude instead of 100?

My (barbarian) relentless slash atwill is 55 magnitude

• Options
    diretide#7073 diretide Member Posts: 10 Arc User

Because your skills profit from buffs/debuffs. Can crit and all. The Lostmauth bonus (and comparable companion bonuses doing X% Magnitude damage) just give the flat damage number as damage (which still gets resisted by the enemy defense/can get reflected)

Ohh okay, that makes sense since the number insde the ( ) is flat, so % damage dealt, crit severity and combat advantage didnot affect the magnitude from the artifact sets, I havent try the magnitude from companion. Ty for the explanation