test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirage Weapons Chicken Bug/Joke

thomasisalonethomasisalone Member Posts: 78 Arc User
The mirage weapons have a chance when summoning the clones to cause your character to turn into a chicken for 10s.

Replication: Using the weapons long enough in combat or against a target dummy will eventually cause this issue to come up when an encounter power is used.

I've put this in the bug report, because it feels like one, but I've also been told that this was an intentional joke by the devs. While on paper it's funny, in practice when this happens at the worst possible times (e.g. during a dps check) it can be incredibly frustrating for everyone in the group. For example, in a CR the clones activated and I was turned into a chicken when I was using the Sun Sword just before the "Raise me to the Heavens" part begun. Guess what we didn't available to use?

It would be appreciated if this was removed/fixed. Alternatively, keep us turning into chickens, but still allow us to use the equipment and powers that we have.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "Hello, ya'll!

I have been asked to confess my fowl, fowl sins. This is not a bug, but an easter egg of the the Mirage Weapon set. When you have the Mirage Weapon set, there is a small chance that when you are very low on health and use an encounter power, that you will be turned into a chicken with increased speed and increased defense.

With how low your health needs to be to be to trigger it, it's a chance to turn tail and flee. Though you may be called chicken for this strategy, this can give you much needed reprieve, and a chance to re-coop."

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12952395
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    If that is the intended behaviour, it's still bugged. It's still possible to get turned into a chicken with full health; in fact, I've had it far more often that I've been a chicken when at full health (e.g. at the start of combat) than when at low health. The example I provided for CR, I was near full as well.

Regardless, it's still annoying feature.
  • Options
    rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I can also attest that the times I've randomly turned into a chicken while wearing this weapon set, I was at absolute full health (650k-ish) or barely down a tick. It happened twice yesterday while fighting Bel. Fortunately, I was not with a party. I get how it could actually be somewhat helpful, if it were working as intended (and maybe for 3-5 seconds rather than 10), but it clearly is not.
  • Options
    hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I mean you could always go back to Trial Weapon sets, clearly Mirage has its nerf, so not BIS. :)
  • Options
    evilnazgullevilnazgull Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hi,

So for a while now every now and then I get randomly turned into a chicken. This time it even happend at the first boss in VoS.
    I cannot recall the exact moment when it started but it has been a couple of weeks.

https://gyazo.com/07d3e3884c14788ccfb1738239f2de27

See Gyazo link of proof.

I dont think this is supossed to happen is it xD?

• Options
    it actually happend again on the same spot as in the picture. this is the first time i noticed it happening in the same spot as before.
  • Options
    If only I had the trial sets lol
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you are using the Mirage set, it is intended.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12952395
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    Thank you, that settles that!
  • Options
    So apparantly people in my guild also had the issue without the mirage weapons, there seems to be a bigger issue...
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    No doubt, Devs raised the chance of becoming a chicken; and their thoughts are "Enjoy the Mirage Hype, Chicken", ahahaha.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪