test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Another PE event and yet again lag persists as usual

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
As when ever a PE event takes place the odds of being in an instance with LAG is extremely high ( it's pot luck if the instance you are in will have lag but as with their RNG the odds ARE against you ).
Can we not get these events looked into to try and minimise the amount of lag observed .
Every event that occurs there is always the same amount if not more lag observed .

And with the VIP summoning it has gotten worse with this lag , due to whatever bug they introduced more than 6 months ago ( where it could take 2 or 3 seconds for the VIP icon to appear and be triggered ) I have seen occasions where it is taking 7 or 8 seconds for it to appear while these events are ongoing .

I now have a new term for the definition of VIP but it's a bit derogatory so will refrain from posting .

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    If you have VIP, why do you park your toon in PE? PE is slow regardless if it has event or not. Event just makes it even slower.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    The problem is with filling the instances to the limit. Probably in order to load the server with as small number of same instance as possible. By dint of this, every day it pushes us to the most populated instances, where lag reaches its zenith.

An interesting phenomenon is that it works only during the hours when Europe is playing. During American’s time, there is many empty instances which they strangely, do not tend to close. It’s strange, because for a long time already in neverwinter plays more Europeans than Americans.

Repeatedly, the server smashed a 5-person party into three, four instances, which is extremely stupid. I do not know who invented it, but I think he was sleepy . . ..
    Post edited by mushellka on
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    What I don't understand, why back in the old days there was 40 people per instance, and a total of roughly 900 to 1200 people in PE could have no issues. I think this might be something to do with all the chickens they need to add into the area. Each chicken, NPC, etc. has to be accounted for in every packet sent. As I said, I am only guessing, the lag sure is present and only when I return to PE. Over in Barovia (Ravenloft) there is no lag there and we have double currency going until Thursday morning.

Enjoy chasing that chicken! :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    That's why my characters always sleep in Yawning Portal, a very cozy place that has a bank, mail box and a seal vendor =)
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User

What I don't understand, why back in the old days there was 40 people per instance, and a total of roughly 900 to 1200 people in PE could have no issues. :

In the old days, servers were not yet so old :P

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    After playing another game that constantly has 200+ people in a single instance, never experiencing lag when NW constantly lags for me...its funny
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

What I don't understand, why back in the old days there was 40 people per instance, and a total of roughly 900 to 1200 people in PE could have no issues. I think this might be something to do with all the chickens they need to add into the area. Each chicken, NPC, etc. has to be accounted for in every packet sent. As I said, I am only guessing, the lag sure is present and only when I return to PE. Over in Barovia (Ravenloft) there is no lag there and we have double currency going until Thursday morning.

I'm pretty sure that it does have to do with the chickens, but I'm baffled as to why it's only effecting PC. The event is turned on for all 3 platforms, but I'm only hearing the lag reports from PC. I haven't noticed any significant lag issues on Xbox in PE for this event.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I'm pretty sure that it does have to do with the chickens, but I'm baffled as to why it's only effecting PC. The event is turned on for all 3 platforms, but I'm only hearing the lag reports from PC. I haven't noticed any significant lag issues on Xbox in PE for this event.
    It's absolutely happening on PS4. I went to get my weeklies from Sybella, and spent more time there than it took to run 5 dig sites to complete the River District quest. A couple of times, I summoned my signpost, and before I could get the "x" to interact to appear, the signpost de-summoned.

It's always the chickens.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

It's absolutely happening on PS4. I went to get my weeklies from Sybella, and spent more time there than it took to run 5 dig sites to complete the River District quest. A couple of times, I summoned my signpost, and before I could get the "x" to interact to appear, the signpost de-summoned.

It's always the chickens.
    I will forward that. I personally haven't experienced the issue on Xbox.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

I think you are correct, at least, in part. I also noticed that more of the NPCs are running around, as are the guards. Now it could be because will the lag I am noticing things more, but there does seem to be EXTRA people (NPC) around as well. Like @sandukutupu said, it all adds up...
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Well, it might help if they reduce the max. number of players in an instance during events to 10, or reduce the 2min timer for switching an instance to 1min or less... and when we log onto another character, it would also help to not dump us into the fullest instance all over again.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Devs need to consider that Protector's Enclave is every new player's first introduction to the game. If that had been my first experience, I doubt I would have lasted long enough to invoke for the first time. I'm pretty tolerant of bugs because I know what a massive undertaking a game like this is but, to be bluntly honest, if my name were attached to this mess I would be embarrassed.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    It wasn't bad over the weekend when I invoked the 6 times each on my 20 alts on both saturday and sunday. I have maybe 5 alts that aren't in PE so 15 alts. Starting yesterday its every one in PE the invokes take a couple minutes. It also has the bug where it hasn't reset the invoke from the previous day and you have to do a second invoke(ie. first invoke that actually invokes I see it say 30% and then it goes back to like I hadn't invoked) and then when I invoke it shows 15% and I get the token. Something got much worse Sunday night or Monday morning.