test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

#480491 - can't move slider on ring given to you in Protector's Enclave

elfjess#1090 elfjess Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I am working on the quest where you learn about enchantments. The lady has given me the ring. I can open my inventory and click on it. But I can not use my RP points on it. The slider will not move. I can move the slider on other items with enchantments that I have. Just not on the one the game wants me to improve. Any ideas why? I click, I drag, I hit arrow keys. Nothing makes it move.
Tagged:

Comments

• hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    This is a tutorial, which means the interface will have green text boxes explaining what needs to be done. Perhaps you did not click on all the green boxes prior to setting the refinement slider? Often users are in a rush, and the 'click here' prompts are easily ignored.
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User

I am working on the quest where you learn about enchantments. The lady has given me the ring. I can open my inventory and click on it. But I can not use my RP points on it. The slider will not move. I can move the slider on other items with enchantments that I have. Just not on the one the game wants me to improve. Any ideas why? I click, I drag, I hit arrow keys. Nothing makes it move.

you have to make a move to the far right :D to fill all of the bar :D
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Do you have any refinement points? Are you to the part of the tutorial where it wants you to use the RP points on it? You have to do very specific steps in a very specific order.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • elfjess#1090 elfjess Member Posts: 6 Arc User

This is a tutorial, which means the interface will have green text boxes explaining what needs to be done. Perhaps you did not click on all the green boxes prior to setting the refinement slider? Often users are in a rush, and the 'click here' prompts are easily ignored.

I had clicked on all the green boxes up until this one. This one you could not click on but do what it said. But I thank you for the reminder to take my time, I have accidentally clicked on a green box before finishing reading it.

you have to make a move to the far right :D to fill all of the bar :D
    Thank you so much for your advice! I found that this did the trick! I am so used to clicking and dragging sliding elements so I was frustrated I couldn't do what I thought I was supposed to do!
    kreatyve said:

Do you have any refinement points? Are you to the part of the tutorial where it wants you to use the RP points on it? You have to do very specific steps in a very specific order.

Yes, I had refined some quartz into RP points. I was doing my best to follow the steps and didn't realize I had to click past the slider to make it move. But thank you for reminding me to pay attention to the order of things - I am bound to forget some steps in the future!