test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

that is a annoying

dooo deee doooo give me a minute I mean the hoops I have to jump through to log in to this site. having to go to a third party server to get the secret code to be allowed to log in it getting tiresome hence not posting here in some time.

really there is no reason to come here much as no one posts here much least the topics are all the same ones as last time..

anyways been on a hiatus from the game as I was not having fun playing it anymore.

I have been watching D&D module videos on youtube thinking maybe getting a group together some time bla bla bla. A Enyo link crossed my youtube feed for beginners so I watched it. She is so disassociated with beginners having been at it for 7 years she runs off with terms like people know what they are where to find them 5 minutes in to the video she sounds like a parent on a Charlie Brown cartoon. I watched a couple of her videos it's all the same thing only one video she tells you to do this then the next she tells you not to very confusing. thats when I started looking at the content dates and most of the last ones she posted was 7 month old and have less then 1000 views so I can see why it's not worth her time to make content no ones watching.

So I logged in to my toon and played for 20 minutes doing the same grind stuff I did when I left the game last got to the defending the coast quest wondering around looking for the last of the 5 things you know the deal and I was thinking how many years of her life was wasted like this wondering around looking for an hour for the last thing need in the endless grind. I mean I am not having fun this is not fun this is making me agitated and angry. so I logged out leaving the toon where ever I don't really care any more. I don't know if it's this game being way overly complicated the vast over the top grinds for no reason other then to waste players time. pretty much done with it for now not even sure I want to play world of warcraft either. it's not fun anymore the fun's been sucked out and replace with not fun.

I really do not want to fill my head with useless knowledge of one game just to play some thing thats not enjoyable I mean if the games your whole life and your second and third job then fine but I can't see wasting half my life on line grinding a no fun game any more it was fun to level to 80 different quests some thing new but now it's 99% grinding through the same content hours days weeks months years is it really fun anymore or just bragging rights with proof of the wasted life you put in to a digital toon? oh well maybe I am just not intelligent enough and stupid enough to continue to play even when I am not enjoying it. oh well who knows bla bla bla

anyways when I click out of the browser the cookies well be deleted hence I well not be able to post with out jumping through hoops chasing down a secret code to log in to reply so might not be posting tell I feel like going through all the BS. have fun people.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    1. I don't need to jump over hoop to post here. Yes, once a while, I will need to get the code and that usually once in two weeks. Even that, it was not jumping over the hoop.
    2. If this is not the type of game you enjoy, it is not. Hence, you should not play the game you don't like.
    3. If you cannot deal with grinding, most MMO game is not for you. Play something else.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    In addendum to #1. Account Guard can be opted out, less secure, but no code needed to access the game or forums.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

In addendum to #1. Account Guard can be opted out, less secure, but no code needed to access the game or forums.

The horror of someone hacking my arcgames account :o They could ruin my reputation by posting all manner of sensible suggestions! :o:o
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    armadeonx said:

The horror of someone hacking my arcgames account :o They could ruin my reputation by posting all manner of sensible suggestions! :o:o
    Worse yet, they could play the game for you, and make it appear, as if, you are enjoying yourself! :wink:
    wb-cenders.gif

armadeonx said:

Worse yet, they could play the game for you, and make it appear, as if, you are enjoying yourself! :wink:
    The horror!!

• chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Things like this completely blow me away.

"Someone else is enjoying something that I don't find to be fun anymore. Therefore, they are wasting their lives."

Well, actually, she is enjoying herself so much that she's making YouTube videos to share her joy.

On the other hand, you are jumping through hoops to come to an internet forum for a game you don't enjoy anymore just to complain that someone else is having fun? I think it's clear which of you is wasting precious moments.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Annoying? Really? What exactly is it that is annoying you?
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    hamster the coast :D
    press "]" and choose a campaign to start. may I suggest you go and talk to the general on a horse, on the right of the gate that you enter PE and start the dwarven king thingy - its nice story and gameplay :)
  • ncc575859#9863 ncc575859 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Granted this can be a chore going through the same things... and yet.. Since I have retired.. this really does help , especially during all the "stay at home, and don't go out" days. that Covid brought to all of us. Waste of my time.. No.. The only thing I have always felt is that to make so many things way above the gear level that you can not possibly get there.. Someone suggested to me.. well if you do all the campaigns and get all the boons that that will help you in the later stages... I can't see that.. when I see some place that wants you to have 45 thousand gear level.. I think.. hmm ambitious at the most and what were the DEV's drinking or smoking at the time they all sat down to decided what gear level should go to what campaign.. Don't get me wrong.. I have always loved DnD, and I started playing this in the early 80's. And my wife of almost 41 years.. knows that if I am not out and about I will be back here on this little puddle jumper of a desktop playing , or grinding as you kids are want to say... but at least she knows where I am and she accepts that.. this helps me to relax. Oh I get frustrated... just like everyone else.. and yes I sometimes want to take this game and computer and toss them out the window.. but common sense takes over and I leave and go and do other things... I guess I am saying.. that if you don't want to do this then don't.. don't come on and post that you are not going to come on and play.. if you really don't find this game your "cup of tea" anymore.. It is just like anything else you are going to do in Life.. either you hate what you are doing at the time or you love what you are doing at the time. I happen to love what I am doing.. even if it means me doing the same thing over and over again... LOL...
  • omack#6690 omack Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    What is annoying me is day after day I log in and lo an behold another 4 hour update to be installed. If this game is called " OH fun time logging in than I need to find a game I can actually play. I do realize that it is new content, but gezzz can't it be done in a faster way? Boring watching the grass grow...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

What is annoying me is day after day I log in and lo an behold another 4 hour update to be installed. If this game is called " OH fun time logging in than I need to find a game I can actually play. I do realize that it is new content, but gezzz can't it be done in a faster way? Boring watching the grass grow...

No idea why it is 4 hours for you. It is about 1 minute today and most of the time less than 3 minutes.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

No idea why it is 4 hours for you. It is about 1 minute today and most of the time less than 3 minutes.
    Connection speed. I live in Crete and have a much worse connection speed than I had when I lived in the UK. My xbox averages 750mb per hour on downloads so even a small 1.2gb update takes me more than an hour and a half to download. For a mod update (typically 8gb) I have to start it before going to work in the morning and it'll finish around 7 or 8pm that evening.

armadeonx said:

Connection speed. I live in Crete and have a much worse connection speed than I had when I lived in the UK. My xbox averages 750mb per hour on downloads so even a small 1.2gb update takes me more than an hour and a half to download. For a mod update (typically 8gb) I have to start it before going to work in the morning and it'll finish around 7 or 8pm that evening.
    I have friends in Spain and other places in Europe. They report slow download speeds as well. I don't understand why Cryptic insists on using the patch server, when other game companies use cloud and peer to peer networks. I am still somewhat in the dark how those differ, all I know is they patch a whole lot faster. My husband explains too much, but I get the idea they share data with the closest neighbors. To my understanding, if my friend in Spain has a piece of data you need in the lovely isle of Crete, then connection between you may be faster.

We have high speed broadband cable, my husband has to fill out FCC forms twice a year, just to keep what he has running here. Our cable services 150 units with cable and wifi access, as part of their lease agreement. Even so, we seem to be running 100 mbps and I normally have no issues with patching. But Neverwinter takes slightly longer other games. I often find lagging on my games a surprise, unless I am playing Neverwinter and then lagging seems to be no surprise.

It is their business how they operate their networks, but I am curious, what the deciding factor is to be so business antiquated in today's world. Is it financing? Is it security? Is it just the lack of knowledge? That last one is not a knock against the company or employees, I am sitting here surrounded by technology that boggles my mind. If my husband dies before I do, I will need to hire a tech team just to keep it all up and running.
    wb-cenders.gif