test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changes to Zax

12346»

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Drop a flash sale in game. $50 for an amount of AD directly from the zax. You get diamonds, but nothing to flip from the zen store without putting your AD back up there at the back of the line. I would have dropped a few bucks during the Astral Lockboxes to use a feature like this.

With something like this I would 100% expect to get more AD for my cash than if I bought zen and converted/flipped items.

$100 = 20,000 zens worth of AD off the exchange type of thing.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Drop a flash sale in game. $50 for an amount of AD directly from the zax. You get diamonds, but nothing to flip from the zen store without putting your AD back up there at the back of the line. I would have dropped a few bucks during the Astral Lockboxes to use a feature like this.

With something like this I would 100% expect to get more AD for my cash than if I bought zen and converted/flipped items.

$100 = 20,000 zens worth of AD off the exchange type of thing.

it doesn't work that way. the zen in the exchange is all offered by players. what you're suggesting would HAVE to be creating new ad out of the ether which would be very very bad for the in game economy.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

We can write here whatever we want but even content creator program is in ruins. We can watch only that ones who dare not to say anything bad about this "holy" game, but even them are less than before. There is no videos/interview with Chris on twitch. Roadmap is paste tense but we can't get new one. No players... Etc... And you/we expect solution ? This game is in so bad shape that zax is not a problem right now. Not even a minor one.

while I agree, the game isn't in great shape. all you seem upset about is communication. while I agree communication is important for maintaining player relations, it doesn't dictate the actual state of the game. I disagree that the zax isn't a problem. or rather that changing it too drastically would not be a problem. it would make the game demonstrably worse than it is now.
  • samfandango#1314 samfandango Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    My personal hope is that the changes follow the Magic Legends, STO formula. The very slim information we got was Zen changes, but it could be changes to interactions with Zen, things surrounding Zen, or the ZAX. In the other games their equivalent of AD is used only to transfer for Zen or for directly making upgrades to gear/cards/ships etc, and is NOT used for players to trade with one another (instead they use gold, or the equivalent of it for Auction House purchases).

So for Neverwinter, that would mean removing Marks, Enchanting Stones, Mount/Companion upgrade tokens and instead we'd be upgrading Enchants, Runestones, Artifacts and gear with AD and RP, and companions and mounts would just take straight AD (although I guess there is still potential for a mix of AD and tokens). You'd potentially see a max AD cap as well, forcing you to make a choice about whether you spend your AD on upgrades or converting to Zen. It certainly increases the number of actual AD sinks in the game, and would also give players a reason to actually sell Zen for AD.

Mind you who knows, something like this may or may not happen, but if it did, I wouldn't be against it