test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Better Companions

hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
My wife was telling me she has found the better companion this weekend. She purchased the Will-o'-wisp from the zen store with a 100% off coupon Cryptic gave her last year. The two things she took note of was it crits all the time and the damage is higher than most companions. It is only epic and she said, it should be doing a lot more when ranked to mythic.

I told her to post it up here so everyone would know but she is too busy writing up a story for another game. Also she said, it will not last, Cryptic will most likely nerf it, 48 hours after telling everyone about the next OP companion. I think it will be longer than 2 days, I guess we shall see. I am thinking 3 to 6 months. Maybe module 21? Anyone betting on that being Dread Ring?

I was running with a green Cold Iron Warrior, I had enough tokens and ranked Milton up to blue yesterday.

What decent companions have you found?

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Well, going by
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRw5Sus-lu_JZrDbtlU9rjcAIn0Gn5xgC3I_dLhmTylhcVxLf1XMQ_jooeGrIpNXR-Lyef_gz77u_4B/pubhtml
    from
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/lvcx1b/companion_question/
    it looks like the Will-O-Wisp is somewhere in the middle of it, and in no imminent danger of catching a nerf... but it wouldn't surprise me if they "adjust" the top 5 at some point.

I also just realize that the Wererat Thief isn't that bad either for a companion that's sold for around 2k AD on the AH...

I'd really wish they would actually improve some of the "lesser" active companions, then bug fix the broken ones, and stop with the nerfing here, there and everywhere for a while.

Anyway, most of my characters are currently accomponied by Eladrin, and testing the Honey Badger with some of the other characters. Not going to upgrade any companions from now on, did that with the Abyssal Chicken, and they nerfed it to the roasting pit and back.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    That's nice to know Milton is doing his part. He keeps telling me, "Never trust the Fey!" I wonder if he means the Dark Fey or all the Fey? Trust no one, the truth is out there. :lol:
    Well, the Honey Badger is a fun companion, but it's just a bit too slow for my taste - i therefore switched back to Eladrin, until that one gets nerfed too...
    Want to know why?
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, the Honey Badger is a fun companion, but it's just a bit too slow for my taste - i therefore switched back to Eladrin, until that one gets nerfed too...

My wife said, the best thing about the Honey Badger, it doesn't talk, and she keeps it active on her barbarian.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    According to Aragorn's list, the top 9 are all comparable with only a minor % difference between them - apart from the Cold Iron Warrior but that was just 'adjusted' so probably needs retesting for the list.

Of course, this was just a test for single target dps - instead of nerfing the top of the list, they should adjust others to make them a better option for group/aoe damage, healing, buffs/debuffs and/or equip bonuses (particularly 7.5% single stat bonuses).

That way, players will want a selection of 'top' options all ranked to Mythic rather than just whichever one is the current 'bis'.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Pewter Golem? I wonder where it would fall on that spreadsheet - just noticed the other day how rapidly that thing attacks - good one for keeping up the companion specific mount bonuses. Mine's the default rare, so I'm not sure how powerful it is, but it has a chance at knockdowns which is always useful.

Blink Dog? A while back someone mentioned it was good for getting combat advantage. I think I got a green one sitting around somewhere. Maybe give it to my paladin.
    Well, the Black Death Scorpion also seems to be nice for getting CA, the price for the Black Ice Prospector has gone up a lot, same goes for the Twisted Dwarf Scroll Case they can come from, and what is going on with the Alchemist Experimenter prices?

Anyway, i'm surprised we're not seeing more Wererat Thiefs running around, considering that it deals decent damage and it's still really cheap.
    Want to know why?