test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Fair Trade Suggestion

"The damage dealt by the Mirage weapon set has been significantly reduced. This will be increased again in a later patch, though damage dealt by Rogue bleeds will still be reduced." - Patch Notes: Version: NW.125.20210219a.4

For those of you who have grinded to obtain the specialty weapons found in the Cloaked Ascendancy, you know just what a chore it truly is. And yet it would seem that every time we turn around, our reward - those weapons are being repeatedly nerfed to the ground for "reasons" (Insert the blah, blah, blah of your choice here).

Is it not time for a fair trade?

Should new enchantments be added to the game which reproduce the special effects of those artifact Cloaked Ascendancy weapons, so that instead of having our efforts REPEATEDLY rendered null-and-void, we can simply trade in the weapons for enchantments that do the exact same thing and can be slotted into any new artifact weapon set?

I don't know about you folks, but after putting in so much effort into getting the Mirage Weapons, I'm not happy with getting robbed of something I earned through normal gameplay fair-and-square.
"Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams

Comments

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    One of these days a friend from my list in which I helped at the beginning of his adventure asked me why I had not made these weapons, and I answered him that I no longer fell into the traps of the game. Those who follow the forum and read the numerous discussions about the celestial and lion weapon sets, and how to value the professions would understand that Dev's desire is that the weapons of profession be the BIS for now, so he would contemplate several requests. But some pay more attention elsewhere to seek content than here in the forum and fall into the illusion of what they have been told is an absolute truth.
  • holikiir#8597 holikiir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Though I understand the frustrations, they made it clear it would be adjusted because it wasn't working as expected. That also applies for many of the companion nerfs. So for that specifically I don't think they owe us nothing. I mean, we were free to grind that and abuse its advantages in the meantime, but we could choose to do it or not.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I don't know why one would spend a lot of effort to get the old weapon (is it like 6th generations ago?) when it is pretty much known it would be nerf'ed eventually. The only question was "how soon".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bluecoder#3448 bluecoder Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    The nerf was due, compare it to the other weapons from the same campaign and see how it performs, anyone could tell that a nerf was coming it was just a question of when. You abused a broken weapon and thats on you not them.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Abused is NOT the correct word to use. Cryptic "created" weapons that did "x" amount of damage and we USED THEM. No abused involved. We simply "used" what they provided, nothing more.

If it is not or was not WAI, then that is completely on THEM as we are not the ones who created this game nor are we responsible for THEIR mistakes... PERIOD, end of subject.
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Miraze set was small mistake whu left cryptic , it was powerful in right hand, now mirage are in position were it supose to be, OLD BAD WEPON SET,
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

Though I understand the frustrations, they made it clear it would be adjusted because it wasn't working as expected. That also applies for many of the companion nerfs. So for that specifically I don't think they owe us nothing. I mean, we were free to grind that and abuse its advantages in the meantime, but we could choose to do it or not.

I agree with you. However, sometimes even if the nerf is obvious they dont nerf it, I dont know the reasons but remember lostmauth set that was 100% overpowered long time ago, and everyone knew that they would nerf it, but it took YEARS.

So well. I farmed the mirage weapons knowing this, enjoyed them for 3 weeks and now back. I am not frustrated, I even had fun returning to old content like illusionist gambit or River District.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    The problem not becoz of mirage but no more "weapon dmg".. dev blind n only listen to elites.
  • bluecoder#3448 bluecoder Member Posts: 14 Arc User

Abused is NOT the correct word to use. Cryptic "created" weapons that did "x" amount of damage and we USED THEM. No abused involved. We simply "used" what they provided, nothing more.

If it is not or was not WAI, then that is completely on THEM as we are not the ones who created this game nor are we responsible for THEIR mistakes... PERIOD, end of subject.

And now they are fixing their mistake that you "rightfully used". yet here you are still acting like mirage was totally Okay. this just shows how you personally feel bad for yourself cause YOU used it. Dont try to act like Mirage damage was in line with the others.