test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW chat acronym kist

doooo deeee dooo oh hello there I am so happy today Last night I had a grand old time playing! It was such a joy walking through the mountains killing every thing I came across. Traveling to far away countries and killing the indigenous populations. Make me wonder what giant owl taste like with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. any who I digress.

I was off on a mission to fill these seed things by killing heroic bla bla bla. well turns out you can't do that alone or well really you can try you just die.... alot..... horribly.

so I /zone chatted and asked if any one was even there in the area playing. Ran in to a fine player who offered to die with me a couple time. Yea can't really do it very well with two players...Live and learn I always said as I died...

so standing there figuring out the chat box I found the front size slide bar! AWESOME!!! oh my it changed the whole box to what I been looking for sense day one. side note must make instruction manual on my forum least I forget how I did it.

dooo deee doooo where was I?

Oh yea acronyms (cool word huh) yea been reading the chat box as it is way easier now that there is complete LOL complete I crack my own self up..... well in reality it was like a bunch of acronyms strung together in a semblance of a sentence they even using punctuations! Only thing I do not have a gamer dictionary let alone a neverwinter to English translation matrix. or even a universal translator like on Star Trek.....

I did look about but you know running in to the evil adware:win32/browser assistant malware virus I stopped looking about thought to come here and well...clearly waste some time to see if the designers of this game would at the very least have some form of instructions and or secret decoder ring or some thing.

could one of you wonderful members of the very fine forum direct me to the decipher codes LTF group for a heroic murderhobo event to fill these hamster seeds..... =/

I know I am always complaining here and you all see my icon and go "oh hamster what is this guys problem now..."

I just want to be liked I don't want to be that last kid to be picked when playing.. I want to be one of the cool kids who always gets picked first..

LOL I crack my self up I really never give a hamster what people think about me if you have not picked up on that yet heee hee hee......MAAA...HAAA..HAAAAAA... <evil laugh.....

so please pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top could one of you enlighten me with the link to a decoder?

Answers

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I think someone took the time to make one on the wiki. The wiki doesn't get much love, but editing the thing is a nightmare between popup ads and Cryptic changing the rules on us every six to eight months. Sometimes you feel like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

Link to Help:Acronyms on the wiki

I will place my most used behind this spoiler to prevent a wall of text...

AD - Astral Diamonds
    AH - Auction House
    AoE - Area of Effect
    bAD - Bonus Astral Diamonds
    BHE - Big Heroic Encounter - used often to describe the Epic Heroic Encounters.
    BiS - Best in Slot (Colloquially referring to Encounter powers, enchantments, artifacts, etc.)
    BoA - Binds on Account. You can't put it on the Auction House, but you can move it between your characters.
    BtC - Binds to Character or BoP - Binds on Pickup - As soon as your character touches it, it's staying with them until you sell (not trade), use, salvage, or discard it.
    CL - Demonic Closure
    DF - Death Forge (only in the Dread Ring) - One of the three lairs.
    DoT - Damage Over Time
    DPS - Damage per Second
    DS - Dread Spire (only in the Dread Ring) outside the Dread Ring it can mean Demonic Slaughter.
    MHE - (minor) Heroic Encounter, timed events where a group of 5+ players is suggested for completion.
    HP - Hit Points or Health Score
    IL - Item Level, replacement for Gear Score
    LFG - Looking for Group
    NPC - Non Player Character
    PE - Protector's Enclave
    PF - Phantasmal Fortress (only in the Dread Ring) - One of the three lairs.
    PUG - Pick up group, indicating groups created by random queue.
    rAD - Rough Astral Diamonds
    RP - Refinement Points or Role-Playing (depends on context)
    RNG - Random Number Generator (aka poor drops)
    ToD - Tyranny of Dragons
    WAI - Working as Intended
    ZAX - Zen AD eXchange

Others in General
    AFAIK - as far as I know
    AFK - away from keyboard
    ASAP - as soon as possible
    ASL - age, sex, location
    BF - boyfriend
    BRB - be right back
    BS - bull excrement
    BTW - by the way
    CUL8R - see you later
    DCed - disconnected
    DIY - do it yourself
    FUBAR - "forked" up beyond all recognition, but not the word forked.
    FYI - for your information
    G2G or GtG - got to go
    GF - girlfriend
    GG - good game
    GJ - good job
    GL - good luck
    IDK - I don’t know
    IIRC - if I recall correctly
    IMHO - in my honest opinion
    IRL - in real life
    JK - just kidding
    L8R - later
    LOL - laughing out loud
    NP - no problem
    OMG - oh my god!
    OMW - On My Way
    PLZ - please
    PM - private message
    ROFL - rolling on floor laughing
    SRY - sorry
    THX or TNX or TY - thanks / thank you
    TMI - to much information
    TTFN - ta ta for now
    WTF - what/who the "fork"?
    WYSIWYG - what you see is what you get (really? who uses this? but I tossed it out there...)
    YW - you’re welcome

I try my best to avoid acronyms altogether.
    :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • xxsuperheroxx#8731 xxsuperheroxx Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    oh you are AWESOME!!!!!!!! oh i done cutncopied this and posted it to my forum to save it for all time. I made sure to give you credit but don't let that go to your head I am the solo owner and only member soooooo no body well ever know as no one ever sees because it's my secret hide away so keep this between us ;)

thank you ever so much! now I can chat like a pro given they give me enough time to look up what I want to say in text chat short cuts kind of a oxymoron huh cool word huh? oxymoron I wonder how many well have to look that one up? dooo deeeee dooo

now to find an army of natural born killers to get our murderhobo campaign off to a horrific bloody start..... mmaaaahaaaahaaaa <evil laugh =P