test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange

The astral diamond exchange is destroyed!! I think a great way to get the economy back would be a lockbox that contains zen. Much like the tarmalune trade bars. I figured I'd throw this out there and hope it gets to the right people to stabilize the exchange.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Whatever 'destroyed' economy Xbox has is considered as a very healthy economy comparing with what PC has been having for years. If you think what you have is bad, you have not seen bad.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Zen only gets created if you give Cryptic money.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    The ZAX has never and will never be the responsibility of the Dev. team.

It is ENTIRELY controlled by the playerbase; always has been and always will be.

If you want it to be "fixed" then support the game, purchase Zen and exchange it for AD to help lower the backlog. Lower it enough and it will start to drop from a 750 unit price; resulting in a cushion to defer another backlog.

Literally the only thing stopping the ZAX from being in a better condition is player selfishness.

You don't get to whine about a problem you helped create and refuse to help solve.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    tgwolf said:

The ZAX has never and will never be the responsibility of the Dev. team.
    It is ENTIRELY controlled by the playerbase; always has been and always will be.

I couldn't disagree more.

The ZAX is 100% controlled by the Dev team. Simple example, what will happen to the ZAX if all ZEN shop items will be moved to the WB, even without any price change, same 750 * current_zen_price?

The fact that like the exchange ratio is not set directly doesn't make it uncontrolled. Neverwinter economy is 100% controlled, with all of its aspects, including the exchange. The one thing that breaks that control, RMT, is banable (as it should be).

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2021

Whatever 'destroyed' economy Xbox has is considered as a very healthy economy comparing with what PC has been having for years. If you think what you have is bad, you have not seen bad.

while his idea wouldn't work.. our economy is as bad as pc. the zax is a longer wait on pc atm, but I think we are about where they were before this monstrosity of a (mis)balance hit xbox. and we are officially more expensive than pc now. if you dont believe me grab your lap top and compare pricing on the ah. we are vastly more expensive on almost everything. (at least we were a week ago, I haven't compared since then)