test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please improve something on Avernus hunt farming! Suggestions below.

So, Avernus hunt farming is an exponential luck experience, chains of lucky events with not enough experience of success.
These luck factors are the following:

- First, you have to pray to even find the hunt marks. There are not enough of them on the map, or more likely too much people farm it and the spawn rate is too slow. (Scout of Stygia, Expert Demolistioner is fine, maybe Infected Mane is ok too, but the rest are critically bad.)

- Second, when you finally have found the mobs you need, its far from expected to get a lure. Sometimes you're lucky and it's good, but on average it's just a disappointment, when you're already saying "Hey, there they are!" and then "Ohh, no drop...again :(".

- Consider, that you finally have lots and lots of lures and chains to start killing T1 enemies (after 10s of hours farming), then you kill like 5-10 of them sometimes, and no trophy for T2.

- Then same goes to T2 enemies which is exponentially bad, because if you run out of your T2 lures, and you won't get the T3 lure, you have to start all over again from simple hunt marks to get T1 lures to get T2 lures to get T3 lures from them, wow...

- And the biggest kick in the balls is when you finally can spawn a T3 loot, there is no guarantee to get even a single item you need. There can drop multiple of those what you don't need, and you might never see the ones you need. Many hours spent, no reward, you have to start it over again this luck fest constructed by five factors.

Well, this was my experience, now my suggestions to solve it:

1. Simply increase the spawn rate of enemies for T1 lures, make way more spawn points of them, or just make killing ANY enemies in the area spawn them significantly faster.

2. Increase T1 lure drop rates by a lot. At least above 50%. It would be good combined with the first suggestion with the consideration of effects on the numbers of lures in the game.

These two improvements would help on the problem by themselves I guess, but here are some more, also reasonable suggestions:

3. Make T2 and T3 bosses drop their lure on an almost guaranteed chance. You shouldn't need to start the whole farming thing over again with a disappointment of getting nothing for your time spent.

4. Give T3 boss to drop more items. More iteration of something is more chance, obvious. I would consider denying to drop the same item twice as well and get rid of green, blue drops from T3 hunts and replace them with another chances on the purple drops.

5. Add a low chance for all bosses to drop their one tier lower lure for a second chance. (T3 would drop lures to T2 bosses, T2 for T1 bosses etc.) This could at least reward you for your lack off success and luck with the drops.

6. Do some kind of bad luck protection with the T3 items like we already have with Lionheart or Celestial weapons. Make the T3 items to be able to purchased maybe in the Citadel for an item (or Zariels favors), which are guaranteed to drop to all five party members in your T3 hunting group, and if you have enough of this item, you could buy a T3 gear.

7. People sell lures ant T3 kills anyway for mark of potencies. Make the lures and T3 items unbound to be able to put on the auction house. This way you get rid of a high risk factor of luck. Even if you want to buy T3 items, there is no guarantee you'll ever see them. If you want to farm them, you can, but if you want to just buy them (which people do anyways), there would be a good option to do that instead of sniping for groups where you have a chance too see the item you want.

Avernus is not main content anymore, so you should consider improving this area of the game.

Thank you, and best wishes!

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    For me, the most frustrating part, is when killing a T1 or T2 and get no lure ingredient.

I can live with the mobs having like a 20% chance to get the lure ingredient, and that are hours, but when you do the hunt, T2 ingredient should be guaranteed, the same as T3 ingredients.

Or at minimum T3 ingredientes should be guaranteed from T2.

If I was the one designing this system, I would put a 4 Tier system with guaranteed drops. Thats 15 hunts to get the hardest hunt, but MUCH MORE SATISFYING for players, even if it is a big grind.

The actual systems is just FRUSTRATING when you have bad luck. And I think this is one of the main problems of this game. Linking everything to luck, instead of a long time work.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Agreed. It's not only luck, but luck in luck in luck in luck kind of thing, or something. Worst as you say is when you're unlucky in the end.

Some kind of bad luck protection would be the best solution I guess, or yes, guaranteed T2, T3 drops.
  • sjl3#9586 sjl3 Member Posts: 59 Arc User

7. People sell lures ant T3 kills anyway for mark of potencies. Make the lures and T3 items unbound to be able to put on the auction house. This way you get rid of a high risk factor of luck. Even if you want to buy T3 items, there is no guarantee you'll ever see them. If you want to farm them, you can, but if you want to just buy them (which people do anyways), there would be a good option to do that instead of sniping for groups where you have a chance too see the item you want.

Avernus is not main content anymore, so you should consider improving this area of the game.

This would also provide a 10% AD sink and items that people would want to buy which all 3 platforms seem to need more of.

• sjl3#9586 said:

This would also provide a 10% AD sink and items that people would want to buy which all 3 platforms seem to need more of.

You also have the 10% AD sink if you want to turn the mops you've got for the items into AD

• milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

So, Avernus hunt farming is an exponential luck experience, chains of lucky events with not enough experience of success.
    These luck factors are the following:

- First, you have to pray to even find the hunt marks. There are not enough of them on the map, or more likely too much people farm it and the spawn rate is too slow. (Scout of Stygia, Expert Demolistioner is fine, maybe Infected Mane is ok too, but the rest are critically bad.)

- Second, when you finally have found the mobs you need, its far from expected to get a lure. Sometimes you're lucky and it's good, but on average it's just a disappointment, when you're already saying "Hey, there they are!" and then "Ohh, no drop...again :(".

- Consider, that you finally have lots and lots of lures and chains to start killing T1 enemies (after 10s of hours farming), then you kill like 5-10 of them sometimes, and no trophy for T2.

- Then same goes to T2 enemies which is exponentially bad, because if you run out of your T2 lures, and you won't get the T3 lure, you have to start all over again from simple hunt marks to get T1 lures to get T2 lures to get T3 lures from them, wow...

- And the biggest kick in the balls is when you finally can spawn a T3 loot, there is no guarantee to get even a single item you need. There can drop multiple of those what you don't need, and you might never see the ones you need. Many hours spent, no reward, you have to start it over again this luck fest constructed by five factors.

Well, this was my experience, now my suggestions to solve it:

1. Simply increase the spawn rate of enemies for T1 lures, make way more spawn points of them, or just make killing ANY enemies in the area spawn them significantly faster.

2. Increase T1 lure drop rates by a lot. At least above 50%. It would be good combined with the first suggestion with the consideration of effects on the numbers of lures in the game.

These two improvements would help on the problem by themselves I guess, but here are some more, also reasonable suggestions:

3. Make T2 and T3 bosses drop their lure on an almost guaranteed chance. You shouldn't need to start the whole farming thing over again with a disappointment of getting nothing for your time spent.

4. Give T3 boss to drop more items. More iteration of something is more chance, obvious. I would consider denying to drop the same item twice as well and get rid of green, blue drops from T3 hunts and replace them with another chances on the purple drops.

5. Add a low chance for all bosses to drop their one tier lower lure for a second chance. (T3 would drop lures to T2 bosses, T2 for T1 bosses etc.) This could at least reward you for your lack off success and luck with the drops.

6. Do some kind of bad luck protection with the T3 items like we already have with Lionheart or Celestial weapons. Make the T3 items to be able to purchased maybe in the Citadel for an item (or Zariels favors), which are guaranteed to drop to all five party members in your T3 hunting group, and if you have enough of this item, you could buy a T3 gear.

And that is why once I had done the campaign on 3 toons, and got all the milestones finished on them that I gave up on T3 gear. Way too much time to get even 1 T3 lure, and then there's no guarantee of a drop, let alone the one I want or need.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, ALL DROPS, FROM ALL SOURCES(unless required for campaign advancement, and even these should be no worse than acct bound) SHOULD BE 100% UNBOUND ON PICK UP. ACCOUNT BOUND AT WORST ON EQUIP. I have gotten so many worthless comps, mounts and other garbage that I can't use from things like gifts of simril, or hunts, or master expeditions. Take the 1010 comp gear for example, you can't even turn it into refinement points. And to sell it, it is only worth like 1 gold. That is ridiculous.

Same goes for reagents to restore weapons, or armor, or whatever. There's no reason these shouldn't be unbound so I can sell what I don't want, or buy what I need from AH because I don't have 120 hrs per week to farm content on a character that cuz, my previous main just got nerfed hard. I have gobs of ad, and nothing to spend it on right now, as the toons I want to upgrade now that my pally is way less funner than pre-rework, I can't upgrade because either A the comps they have that need upgrading are broken(minstrel, mercenary, etc...) or B I have to spend 2 hours with a spreadsheet created by someone outside of Cryptic to figure out which mount has which power that I want to max, or C 4+ hrs with his character builder figuring out what enchants to upgrade, and even then we don't know the full extent of what is broken or when it will be fixed.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Changes needed are simple:
    Either eliminate gore-covered chains or make them an automatic drop. Players shouldn't have to compete against every other player in the zone just to get something from the RNG.
    Make trophy and gear drops from T1-3 hunts automatic. Players shouldn't have to fight the RNG just to fight the RNG to fight the RNG to fight the RNG to fight the RNG some more. It's obnoxious and boring.
    That would do it.
This discussion has been closed.