test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Item Level Status not in Log

hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
I've noticed when I log in, or change instances there will be a message in light blue across the top of the screen. If I don't happen to read it quickly it goes away and I become curious of what it said.

When I check the Log tab of my chat tool, I do not see the message. Why? Why wouldn't all messages sent to the user be included in the Log file (excluding the marketing messages that X has obtained something from a Lockbox)? Is this something that has been overlooked when the messages were changed from specific level numbers to generic 'it has been changed/it has returned to normal' messages?

The Log tab will tell me that 400 Morale has been added for the day when I am not in my workshop, but it will not record whatever message it just sent me when I logged in?

Comments

• Options
    As an added bonus, if I change characters on an account, then change back to the same character in the same instance where I just got the 'your item level has returned to normal' ... the game gives me the same message *again*. How can my item level return to normal after it has returned to normal? Why would it change when I log off/change toons?
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    When you first log in your stats are low. I suspect it adds your companion stuff after load in. So at first you are scaled up. Then stats kick in and adjust themselves and you've surpassed the scaled IL returning your IL to normal(Unscaled)
  • Options
    This was occurring in the Stronghold. If you are correct, then I question why the 'test' made before displaying this message is not placed after the other IL factors are added in (companion/mount/buffs/etc.). Players should not be seeing messages dealing with a transition state, only the final one (unless in debug mode, of course). Especially one that is done in every instance load in the game.