test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HOW TO FIX 60mil+ AD back log

2»

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

greywynd said:

There are people in the game with over $500 million AD and I've heard whispers of those with over $1 billion. That wealth did not come from selling bondings either. It was obtained through methods I won't post about here. I know a subset of people in the game with hundreds of million in AD and who continue to post to ZAX because there is nothing worth buying (With AD or Zen).

I heard there's a hard cap on how much AD you can have on an account.
    Integers have limits in the SQL database, it depends on how they set the field. Integers can be assigned as;
    Tinyint 1 byte = 255
    Smallint 2 bytes = 32,767
    Int 4 bytes = 2,147,483,647
    Bigint 8 bytes = 9,223,372,036,854,775,807

I am pretty sure they used the Int value. I don't recall were I read it in the game, but your gold is capped at 21,478 gold 36 silver and 47 copper. An obvious 4 byte Integer. Since AD is not divided, this would mean you could have a little over 2 billion.
    You mean 214,748 gold.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    I understand that the ad limit on a toon is the same as the ad limit on the auction house, 100 million.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    1. Afaik Cryptic use non-sql for player containers.

2. The current limit is 100m * (max number of chars (about 60) + 1 shared bank slot). So you can have about 6'100'000'000 AD on an account.

• durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

2. The current limit is 100m * (max number of chars (about 60) + 1 shared bank slot). So you can have about 6'100'000'000 AD on an account.

you can "store" AD in the ZAX but yeah :+1:
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > I heard there's a hard cap on how much AD you can have on an account.

There is, but you can use high value items to save you astral diamonds as assets, enchantments and legendary packs ect.

I guess the trend now is for these guys to buy the rank 15 bondings since they never have to worry about them losing value due to nerfs and changes
  • tepes#1182 tepes Member Posts: 37 Arc User

> @greywynd said:

> I heard there's a hard cap on how much AD you can have on an account.

There is, but you can use high value items to save you astral diamonds as assets, enchantments and legendary packs ect.

I guess the trend now is for these guys to buy the rank 15 bondings since they never have to worry about them losing value due to nerfs and changes

Exactly. There are players with over 100k in zen, hundreds of millions in AD, and items (Legendary mount packs, Rank 15 packs, etc.) which allow these players to preserve wealth.

I still don't understand why they can't add fashion, transmute, and similar items to the game to make people want to spend AD and zen.

I still don't understand why they can't add fashion, transmute, and similar items to the game to make people want to spend AD and zen.

Where have you been the past year? Redeemed citadel have had the items, you are asking for.

What items in the RC can you buy with zen or AD? Unless I'm totally off, the fashion items and transmutes are obtained with Zariel's Favors.
    Fair enough but that part of a module. I'm talking about items listed in the zen exchange that can be bought on a daily basis.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

greywynd said:

There are people in the game with over $500 million AD and I've heard whispers of those with over $1 billion. That wealth did not come from selling bondings either. It was obtained through methods I won't post about here. I know a subset of people in the game with hundreds of million in AD and who continue to post to ZAX because there is nothing worth buying (With AD or Zen).

Integers have limits in the SQL database, it depends on how they set the field. Integers can be assigned as;
    Tinyint 1 byte = 255

I am pretty sure they used the Int value. I don't recall were I read it in the game, but your gold is capped at 21,478 gold 36 silver and 47 copper. An obvious 4 byte Integer. Since AD is not divided, this would mean you could have a little over 2 billion.
    Remember when dps chat goes negative numbers when dps > 2,147,483,647 ? It would be fun if AD goes negative at the same way lol
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

greywynd said:

Tinyint 1 byte = 255

Remember when dps chat goes negative numbers when dps > 2,147,483,647 ? It would be fun if AD goes negative at the same way lol
    That was the "Caturday Exploit" someone allowed you to post negative bids on items. The Auction House started paying players to buy items.
    wb-cenders.gif