test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celestial Weapon set

2»

Comments

• vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    So let me get this straight... it has gone from being mad about the lionheart nerve to being mad that the elitist groups can't lord over others with those sets as others have finally become viable...

Just trying to get the story straight.

First and foremost there shouldn't be a single weapon set to rule them all. Between the set bonuses and item level/stats there should be a variety of choices. Be it mastercrafted (stupid expensive to get there btw... more of a grind then trials), trial weapons or quest/campaign weapons.

Now then, does this mean I am in favor of nerfs... not really. More so as getting those weapons doesn't require having them in the first place.... which so many of you people seem to have forgotten.

No more of the "TOMM GROUP PM FOR INV... LH REQUIRED" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> any more. Or the better one demanding capes for TOMM or Zarial. Bloody idiots...

As it stands those weapons are still top of class, even nerfed as they are. Just no long by such a wide margin as to make up the difference between being carried and actually knowing how to play your class. A straight up 7.5 percent more damage and heals is still bloody powerful. 7.5 defense is too. The bonuses from the Zarial set are just as strong too.

As far as giving at-wills the ability to give stacks, I'm not sure. There are plenty of classes that can pop encounters very quickly to keep stacks up. Not every weapon has to awesome for every class. I'm ok with some classes using other things, obviously. Should they still be attractive to everyone, absolutely. That way they are still sought-after. But the first suggestion would, in my eyes, be another setup for a be-all-end-all set yet again. Not a fan of that.

Does it mean it will happen... no. But its how I view it. Outside of sets that are operating on a broken mechanism, I'm happy others sets have finally become recognized as useful.
  • synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Yh... maybe i'm a elitist, but who never did a trial (without getting carried) won't be able to understand why we all care that much about Celestial Weapons.
    I think in that game ppl should aim to become stronger, and better... to be able to close the harder contents. And from those contents you get a reward that will let you become even more stronger.

Currently, all of this is just vanished.
    Since the harder content (Zariel) has nothing you can get from it. No loot, no bis weapons... ppl has no reasons to invest time and effort on their toons to get better... any goal is lost
    And that's because the best weapons u can get are just obtainable farming a 9-mod-old content.
    we're not talkin of "viable", Mirage's clones deal almost 30% of the player's damage, without taking into account the huge amount of AP they give you.

but that's another story, out of scope from this thread.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    From what I remember seeing, Zariel and ToMM now only requires 30k of item level, meaning that it was nerfed equal the players were. We're going to get into a new content today, and these weapons can already be considered old ;)
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I think even if the Zariel weapons were the best of the best, there is a bigger problem to address.

When new BIS weapons appear, the trial is 100% worthless, the same that happens when you get the weapons, there is nothing for you there, and thats why nobody runs it now.

ToMM was popular because of the rings you could sell, and halaster artifact. That was a good thing.

We need something to farm in that trial, something to sell for players that cant do it. A companion, mount, artifact, a unique insignia, you could also put in the shop, so even if you have bad luck with the drops, you could buy it...

I never understood the decision of make everything so rigid, and waste so much work, IMO Zariel and ToMM are the best challenges they did in the game, they are fun, but we need something more.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    > @synyster3006 said:
    > Yh... maybe i'm a elitist, but who never did a trial (without getting carried) won't be able to understand why we all care that much about Celestial Weapons.
    > I think in that game ppl should aim to become stronger, and better... to be able to close the harder contents. And from those contents you get a reward that will let you become even more stronger.
    >
    > Currently, all of this is just vanished.
    > Since the harder content (Zariel) has nothing you can get from it. No loot, no bis weapons... ppl has no reasons to invest time and effort on their toons to get better... any goal is lost
    > And that's because the best weapons u can get are just obtainable farming a 9-mod-old content.
    > we're not talkin of "viable", Mirage's clones deal almost 30% of the player's damage, without taking into account the huge amount of AP they give you.
    >
    > but that's another story, out of scope from this thread.

Well I can tell you, I have run those trials. Without those weapons, and quite frankly I couldn't care less about obtaining them. To me they have become nothing more than a status symbol for people. Or an idiotic requirement for any content. When callouts are made requiring them for basic content they have created a problem.

Yes new loot should improve you, but not so much that it invalidates everything that came before.

And as I said, outside of broken mechanics (such as what the mirage weapons are doing) the current viability of every set is actually nice.

Grinding is a thing to be enjoyed, but if the weapons are the sole reason you are running MZ then there is an issue with both the enjoyment of the game and its loot table. One should never, in my opinion, run content for a single item and only every that one item. That smells of a distinct lack of enjoyment and a singular lack of vision in programming.
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    > @dracory1#6808 said:
    > >insanely long
    > >35 runs of the same skirmish
    > >farming some realm quests or key of shadows within river district for treasures
    > >3/5 mats can be bought on AH
    > Only thing that takes longer would be the arcanic focus iirc. I had hundreds of those after finishing River District years ago. You can get the weapons in a day, Celestials take you those months of getting to the end game to finish Master Zariel.

Mate you probably know its op and it will be nerfed
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    > @jman3l#5579 said:
    > @noworries#8859 daily reminder to please take this as a priority. All end gamers are leaving and playing other games for three main reasons: celestials not being a good incentive to run ZC (aka buff them please and add DR), actives being too good / augments needing buffs, downscaling issues (add CR to collars please).

Mate you need understand end gamer not makink many for cryptic, so its last think about cryptic think
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 Well, in typical response, the Mirage Set is getting nerfed. I'm getting so sick and tired of upgrading something, then it gets nerfed. Cold Iron Warrior, same. There is a point where this is just a total irresponsible approach to game design and management. I get making corrections, but nerfing stuff week after week because the team didn't bother to test how their changes would function with existing game components is ridiculous. So since everything is being nerfed, how about hitting Xuna again, as she still does excessive damage too. It's only fair to those of us that invested in the Cold Iron Warrior after testing different companion performance. Or better yet, design a testing protocol, test them ALL in house and then finalize the changes at once.

And while your at it, please fix it so the Nightspine can't get stuck on items in the area, like cars, or charge over the hill and out of player range. I lost a T3 lure due to the poor design, even though we had 20+ ppl there. I'm really tired of paying for your mistakes.
    krevg said:

@noworries#8859 Well, in typical response, the Mirage Set is getting nerfed. I'm getting so sick and tired of upgrading something, then it gets nerfed. Cold Iron Warrior, same. There is a point where this is just a total irresponsible approach to game design and management. I get making corrections, but nerfing stuff week after week because the team didn't bother to test how their changes would function with existing game components is ridiculous. So since everything is being nerfed, how about hitting Xuna again, as she still does excessive damage too. It's only fair to those of us that invested in the Cold Iron Warrior after testing different companion performance. Or better yet, design a testing protocol, test them ALL in house and then finalize the changes at once.

And while your at it, please fix it so the Nightspine can't get stuck on items in the area, like cars, or charge over the hill and out of player range. I lost a T3 lure due to the poor design, even though we had 20+ ppl there. I'm really tired of paying for your mistakes.

I'd call what happened to those companions and/or Mirage weapons, a fix. it's unreasonable that each of those stuff deal 30% of your damage.

People also bought Green Slime in AH for millions of AD when Combat Changes came to preview, just for a tooltip error.
    you think they should refund them? or maybe they've just learn the lesson?
    If you see that something doesn't work as designed, sooner or later it will be fixed... so you shouldn't complain about spent money on that
  • krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User

I'd call what happened to those companions and/or Mirage weapons, a fix. it's unreasonable that each of those stuff deal 30% of your damage.

People also bought Green Slime in AH for millions of AD when Combat Changes came to preview, just for a tooltip error.
    you think they should refund them? or maybe they've just learn the lesson?
    If you see that something doesn't work as designed, sooner or later it will be fixed... so you shouldn't complain about spent money on that

I'm going to disagree with you on this one. I've been around in NW since right after it left Beta. The types of adjustments that are happening now should have been worked through BEFORE launch of this new system, not after. Where would you draw the line on what requires a nerf and what doesn't? Xuna has been doing insane amounts of damage for ages, and wasn't adjusted to be in-line with other companions.

Since you seem to think people should have "learned a lesson" for stuff that "doesn't work as designed" please illuminate the rest of us as to what they key is to tell the difference when something is broken and when something working as designed so we can tell the difference.

• silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    You’re right

Just get rid of all the broken old content and sets.
    Or not play till they fix it.

Castle Ravenloft
    LOMM
    CODG
    TONG
    FBI
    The list goes on over broken content and older content.

Its not wrong to expect a game function somewhat.
    But it’s making Cyberpunk look good.

Mirage sets take longer than a day. It’s a grind designed like all the other grinds.
    Illusionists gambit 45 times
    Crypts 90+
    Heroics 80+
    Because materials don’t always drop but you need that minimum to restore both sets.
    And the mid level players worked hard for them.

But what the new combat system has taught me is to mothball all my alts and collect a key and not spend a dime till the glitch show is over.
    As you pointed out, wasting resources is a waste of time and unlike you 1%
    I among the majority don’t have the resources to waste.

Hope they get your sets figured out so you guys can be BIS.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Mirage weapons should be just nerfet to the ground, and put back to the place they belong. 9 mod old weapons MUST not be better than Trial's weapons.
    MW weapons should be just right after those, at 3rd place, since they can be bought from AH, and there's no effort in obtaining those...

Well, from what I can tell from the release notes on today's patch, it sounds like the wishes of the trial playing players on this thread to nerf Mirage weapons happened...so yay for you.

Elite order restored.

Doesn't look like they boosted anything else though, no doubt because they want you to now invest time/$$$ into the new BiS weapons in M20. So happy grinding suckers.

Mirage weapons should be just nerfet to the ground, and put back to the place they belong. 9 mod old weapons MUST not be better than Trial's weapons.
    MW weapons should be just right after those, at 3rd place, since they can be bought from AH, and there's no effort in obtaining those...

Well, from what I can tell from the release notes on today's patch, it sounds like the wishes of the trial playing players on this thread to nerf Mirage weapons happened...so yay for you.

Elite order restored.

Doesn't look like they boosted anything else though, no doubt because they want you to now invest time/$$$ into the new BiS weapons in M20. So happy grinding suckers.
    Yh, let's wait for the next June's Trial BIS Weapons. Guess it's just a waste of time asking for some buff on celestials at this point...
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User

Elite order restored.

Yh, let's wait for the next June's Trial BIS Weapons. Guess it's just a waste of time asking for some buff on celestials at this point...
    I have to agree, we tried, they said they "listened" and what did we get? Some sub-par nerf on lionheart that instead of making the celestial people happy, also just let the lionheart users join the rant and rave i also giveup at this point, its clear they are going to do what THEY want to do
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Players who have been here since the beta complaining about nerf? Joke of the day. What will be the next cry of PPL, nerf 10x Armor Break, nerf 6xrunestones that cause companions to give more damage than some DPS class or will the 5x nerf the same insignia bonus that give even more buff to the companions? While some play to be carried by the companions, I'm turning around with augmentation and insignia bonuses that already gave little recovery of HP and still suffered nerf. Apparently unfair since I don't have mini Boss on my side to do my job for me.

• azric#8402 azric Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Yall need to stop they are just going to nerf the l.h. set again. Stop giving them ammo
    Don't confuse skill with a little luck you daft fool

Players who have been here since the beta complaining about nerf? Joke of the day. What will be the next cry of PPL, nerf 10x Armor Break, nerf 6xrunestones that cause companions to give more damage than some DPS class or will the 5x nerf the same insignia bonus that give even more buff to the companions? While some play to be carried by the companions, I'm turning around with augmentation and insignia bonuses that already gave little recovery of HP and still suffered nerf. Apparently unfair since I don't have mini Boss on my side to do my job for me.

yh those should be the next on the list...
    Mirage weapons got nerfed: from 30% of player damage overall, to 15/20... nice nerf...