test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To Devs: Two changes going a long way

tonyvincenttonyvincent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
edited February 2021 in PvP Discussion
Heya!

Thanks for the combat changes. They are steps in the right direction for PvP. I also thank you that the dev team will look into changing rewards and look into kick-abuse. PvP is plagued with kick abuse and dominated by mount powers making the most impact in a match.

I am here today to make awareness of two things regarding PvP.

1. Bugs in counter-stats
(accuracy/deflect severity) (critical severity/critical avoidance)

It seems players will do more damage if they have more accuracy than the enemy's deflect severity. This results in enemy players receiving more damage when deflecting than when they don't. The deflect then becomes a handicap. It would be great if this got fixed, making the excess accuracy not counting towards additional damage.

The same goes for critical avoidance whenever it is in excess compared to enemy's critical severity, whereas the excess critical avoidance counts towards making the player more tanky. Would be great to have this fixed too.

If I am wrong, and if this is tested, then a confirmation would be great.

2. Mount powers
What would make the most difference in PvP, would be to reduce the damage magnitude of single-target and AoE damaging mount powers.

Suggestion:
Reducing magnitude damage of single-target damaging mount powers from 3000 to 800.
Reducing magnitude damage of AoE damaging mount powers from 1000 to 500.

If these changes are implemented, I believe we'll have come a long way. I am not the only one hoping for these kind of changes. I otherwise thank you for the things you are already looking into.

-Aizu

EDIT: These changes will naturally make people more tanky. Adding healing depression on all self heals would be good.
164814-albums6114-picture99368.png
|Aizu Wallenstein|
Post edited by tonyvincent on