test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mount collars need combined rating!!

With the latest update mount collars now give a large amount of il, but zero cr. This causes them to effectively LOWER ALL OF YOUR STATS.

It seems a high price to pay for something that maybe just increases stamina or similar, so as it sits only a few mount collars are worth equipping. Making super ultra rare gear useless like this is bad, and should be fixed. Fortunately, all that's needed is to add CR and its good to go.

Thanks!

Comments

• highlanderx#4012 highlanderx Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    It’s not just collars that are the problem, everything that gives item level, should give enough combine rating to at least maintain your stat percentages.

This should have been a simple calculation that should have never been missed before releasing on live.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I think the actual problems are collars, insignias and enchants.

Collars should give 80% in combined ratting and enchants are very expensive for what they give, they should be and end game goal. Giving % instead of rattings. Insignias should give half in rattings, half in %.

Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    hmmm i thought they had fixed the combined rating on collers in preview
    though 600 il coller should give 600 combined in my view not the 300 they did on preview
  • synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    > @vastano#2343 said:
    > hmmm i thought they had fixed the combined rating on collers in preview
    > though 600 il coller should give 600 combined in my view not the 300 they did on preview

In which preview u saw that? Mimic or owlbear?
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Collars currently give half of their item level in combined rating on live. In my opinion it should be 80%. It costs a crazy amount of astral diamonds to upgrade them. They should be worth upgrading.
  • synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Also considering that IL it’s only going to rise, we’re missing a lot of sources to cap ratings with 5 mythic collars. I agree that they need a CR increase
  • binkypoo#1698 binkypoo Member Posts: 7 Arc User

I think the actual problems are collars, insignias and enchants.

Collars should give 80% in combined ratting and enchants are very expensive for what they give, they should be and end game goal. Giving % instead of rattings. Insignias should give half in rattings, half in %.

This is a great suggestion. But also give collars more cr :p
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    At the moment I see collars as our final chase item. Personaly I'm looking forward to the increase in IL without the stats going up, At 52k IL I'm over capped in stats in Power, Acc, CA, Crit. The increase in IL will make me a little more effective. The only way to shed these stats would be to put more into Crit Sev but I cap 90% there with ease anyways. %s that are capped at 90% are Power, Crit, and Crit Sev. CA can hit 90% with lucky procs but typically with Batiri slotted sticks around 85%

If your jamming Legendary collars on a lower toon it's counter productive.
  • binkypoo#1698 binkypoo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

At the moment I see collars as our final chase item. Personaly I'm looking forward to the increase in IL without the stats going up, At 52k IL I'm over capped in stats in Power, Acc, CA, Crit. The increase in IL will make me a little more effective. The only way to shed these stats would be to put more into Crit Sev but I cap 90% there with ease anyways.

That's an interesting take but it sounds like if the collar has increased CR as I advocate or not it wouldn't change your situation. Either way it sounds you will be able to hit 90% in the primary stats necessary for you to fulfill your role so all the LACK of cr does is make those overcapped stats come down closer to ideal but it doesn't really affect your actual percentages, right?

ex: if a stat is 10k over il or 1 point over il you still get the same 50% bonus from the stat so using collars to get you closer to the latter ratio of stat to il doesn't really change anything.

Meanwhile for lowly pathetic noobish ~31k il me, I've actually removed my stamina collar because it just lowers all my stats for minimal benefit. But it would be nice to get that stamina regen back, small as it is, without feeling like I'm punching myself in the face.

I hope that makes sense.

reg1981 said:

At the moment I see collars as our final chase item. Personaly I'm looking forward to the increase in IL without the stats going up, At 52k IL I'm over capped in stats in Power, Acc, CA, Crit. The increase in IL will make me a little more effective. The only way to shed these stats would be to put more into Crit Sev but I cap 90% there with ease anyways.

That's an interesting take but it sounds like if the collar has increased CR as I advocate or not it wouldn't change your situation. Either way it sounds you will be able to hit 90% in the primary stats necessary for you to fulfill your role so all the LACK of cr does is make those overcapped stats come down closer to ideal but it doesn't really affect your actual percentages, right?

ex: if a stat is 10k over il or 1 point over il you still get the same 50% bonus from the stat so using collars to get you closer to the latter ratio of stat to il doesn't really change anything.

Meanwhile for lowly pathetic noobish ~31k il me, I've actually removed my stamina collar because it just lowers all my stats for minimal benefit. But it would be nice to get that stamina regen back, small as it is, without feeling like I'm punching myself in the face.

I hope that makes sense.
    It makes perfect sense. I keep seeing many situations where someones IL needs to be reduced to get things to fall in line and/or to proc chest/helm bonuses. An end game toon pre re-work might need to run R9s to keep IL low and stats balanced. Soon as you put in those R15 things are all wonky again till you narrow down a build. It'll be hard to even follow someone elses build at the moment because if your chasing a build things will be all off until things are almost built 100%!

Your right as well that the stats only = 50% despite how far they are over but it also means I can increase my IL by 1000 before I need to start messing with things again. More HP, moar damage. I will do this with collars. I feel they are the final chase item atm. They are what we work on between content.

Is this a good answer to the issue at hand, wait until the toon is ready to wear ranked up collars? Probably not. But imo this is where we are atm and might be the intended idea. I'd love to hear from the math mastermind behind the new system and see if this was their vision as well with building/progression.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    OP seems to forget that raising ilvl = increasing damage and hitpoints.
    Elite Whaleboy
    Hmm, I never noticed before now but my collars HAVE combined ratings XD Mythic=+500 Legendary=+400 etc.