test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Having high rank enchantments doesn't feel rewarding at all

forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
edited January 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
I also posted this to reddit but I think here the chance is greater for devs to see it:

Upgrading enchantments to the maximum level takes a ton of ressources so it should feel rewarding. But with the new system the stats only have a really small impact. I don't have full rank 15 enchantments yet but I can already see that it won't matter much at all if I upgrade the remaining ones to rank 15.

I tried to test the impact that enchantments have today by removing all of my enchantments from my gear (not the runestones). Here is how my stats changed:
  • Power: -1.4%
  • Accuracy: -0.2%
  • Combat Adv.: -0.1%
  • Crit Strike: -0.3%
  • Crit. Sev.: +0.3%
  • Defense: -0.8%
  • Awareness: +0.4%
  • Crit. Avoidance: +0.4%
  • Deflect: +0.4%
  • Deflect Severity: +0.4%
  • Forte -1.1%
  • Control Bonus: +0.4%
  • Control Resist: +0.4%
  • Incoming Healing: +0.4%
  • Outgoing Healing: +0.4%
Not counting forte because it's already included in the other stats removing all enchantments actually improves my stats by 0.7%. As a rogue some of the stats like outgoing healing or control bonus are pretty useless for me but even when not counting those removing all enchantments means I only lost 0.1% of stats that are useful or somewhat useful.

But what about the damage? My damage went from 5740 to 5368 because I lost 3100 ilvl. That seems like a lot and it is but it doesn't matter most of the time. Because of the great scaling system that caps the item level in most dungeons or trials it doesn't matter if I remove enchantments as long as I am over the item level to which the dungeon is scaled. At the moment it's 24k for most epic dungeons and trials, 30k for Demogorgon, CR and LOMM and 40k for TIC. The only unscaled content at the moment is Zariel and TOMM and the regular overworld. And because the majority of the playerbase doesn't run zariel or TOMM regularly even before the update and probably even less now it only matters for them in regular content, where a couple hundred damage more or less hardly makes a difference.

So if you're thinking about where to spend your ad look anywhere else besides your enchantments. You can get a complete set of rank 9 enchantments for under 200k ad and getting a set of rank 15 ones instead would probably cost 30-40 Million AD. Use the money instead to upgrade companions and mounts.

Some suggestions I have to make enchantments feel useful again:
  • Let all enchantments have ilvl=combined rating. That way increasing any enchantment wont lower most of your stats and instead increase 1 to 3 stats by a little bit.
  • Make enchantments similar to armor kits have 0 item level or combined rating and maybe increase their stats a bit. That way balancing stats becomes easier.
  • Add more unscaled content so that having the extra ilvl actually matters
Tagged: