test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is Baby Zariel mechanics for Tanks?

rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
Ok, we went in today - and I tried tanking it on my barb for the first time. Both tries we did not manage - because tank failure (mine and the other followed soon after.)

All was good until the tank buster. Zariel got a proper posture - which got me into controlled state, all my keys were disabled... boom, one-shot. I find it kind of hard if you cannot use anything including block. That happened every single tank buster. (till the revive was no longer possible)

So... HOW can anyone survive that? People are supposedly running even MZ, so... how?

Best Answer

• Options
    melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    This particular mechanic its pretty simple actually.

In Zariel you dont swap aggro between the 2 tanks similarly to how you would do it in TOMM, if there were any groups that would run with 2 tanks. In ZC and baby ZC you have a main tank and a secondary tank. The main tank has aggro for the vast majority of the fight. When Zariel uses this mechanic its the job of the secondary tank to take aggro and get that hit, for the person that is stunned the damage is way higher, the secondary tank should have no problem blocking it though. After that hit the aggro should go to the primary tank again.

Answers

• Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @melechest Thanks, that most probably have been our problem there. We definitely did not swap aggro. Ty.