test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next big change?

crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
Sry, but have to ask..

Is it the end of big rewamps now,or is there gonna be yet another one in ~3 months?

Comments

• Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I see this as a platform they can continue to build on so personally I'm expecting good things over the next mod or two. I do feel that rewards need a BIG REVAMP next tho! Content will take longer, devs have much more control over the speed we do things. If things take twice as long to do, rewards need to be adjusted as well. Same content, twice as long, same rewards doesn't work for me.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    While I am Not really happy with the combat change, I do see it gives us a fresh chance to "perfect" our Characters. This keeps the game somewhat fresh.

That said, I played through the last one and it was really bad and it took a long while to get back to where I was, much less improve.

I have high hopes for this and well... lets see, I may whine tomorrow but today I am hopeful.
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Its what it is. If you look back at the game and at the big changes, you can draw your own picture. People that think this will be THE ONE change of them all that improves the game and builds a foundation of ALL the changes that were supposed to build a foundation, then its heavy optimism that is great to have. No sarcasm. I like optimists.
    If you cannot believe it, you gotta think into how invested you are in something that gives no flying single HAMSTER (I do it for you cryptic, I hamster myself) about any investment whatsoever. (yeah yeah, where is the one person that's gonna talk about TOS and whatnot.)
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    According to theory... because they never say things straight up. The "Road Map" (most recent version) shows module 21 arriving in late summer. So August maybe? Nobody is suppose to know what module 21 will be, I suspect reboot of module 2 Shadowmantle. Others say, they will replace Icewind Dale module #3 (completely disposing of the PvP) with the new Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden which is also likely, however I think they didn't have time. We waited longer period for them to roll out Ravenloft when it was released by WoC.

As for combat changes and companions, I think they nuked everything the players found useful this round. The cavemen who actually play here, will need to crunch the numbers with their rocks, before you will get the most useful builds. Once that happens Cryptic's astronauts go build another nuke to obliterate those builds. You see it is not Dungeons & Dragons, you are playing more like Cavemen versus Astronauts. :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • Options
    shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Idk, i just hope the next big change is another rework to warlock (we kinda are getting one per mod/change).
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    It was not too bad...
  • Options
    bilosta#2909 bilosta Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    why should i have hard time with my pally in legacy quest in areas where i done all quests in 2015 with less hard time? :o