test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PIA VPN

mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
I am filing this under bug reports because if I can't get into your game it is a BUG!!

I have jumped through all the hoops here, I told my PVN to allow all traffic from you program and up till this morning it was fine with that. NOW I have to manually turn off my VPN in order to access the log in server or to even open the damn client!

This is just plan stupid, I like many other I am sure, use a VPN to hide my online traffic from my browser so as to have even a small feeling of privacy. Now when I want to play your game I have to quit my browser first and that kind of rules out being able to find any information on the game while playing DON'T IT!.

Seriously whatever you have been doing behind the scenes with IP address verification is JUST STUPID, please reverse the changes from this morning at least so I may go back to having my browser open when I play!!!

Sincerely: one really UPSET player.

Comments

• mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    It seems to have fixed itself after a few hours, however, I am leaving this post up for future use.

And the point stands this IP verification is dumb.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Set up your own route in your system to access Neverwinter IPs/subnet to by pass VPN.
    Cryptic probably cannot endorse any player to use VPN (from the banned countries) to bypass IP checking.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***