test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible Game Improvements.

jonbroonjonbroon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
This is a list of items that as a community we have put together. I have passed this along and was informed that I should place this in the forums for the rest of the community to see. You will in fact see a lot of terms like “we”, “our” and etc because this was a group effort. At this point no one is looking for recognition of their ideas, just they want to see the game grow and do better.

We cannot expect the items listed to all be implemented nor guaranteed to be placed in the game. There are some ideas that are already known about and may be a work in progress already. We just never know. During all this we all need to remember that it takes time to implement, to discuss and work on the ideas. This doesn't happen overnight.

There have been many CDPs over the past year and as I am sure the Devs appreciate the feedback and information we need to keep giving information and things that can improve the game we all love and want to see succeed.

Now for the purpose of this post:

1. Update Wonderous Bazaar remove unused/old content items, add new stuff for AD sinks. Ideas: Reroll tokens. Cloaks from old CLASS SPECIFIC PACKS.
  2. Rotate event items/overloads/consumables from WB prior to events. CTA/Hell Pit/Siege of NW/ Harvester of Souls/Tales Books/Pages
  3. AD SINKS:
  4. Limited Fashion Items
  5. OLD/NEW Transmutes & Zen market transmutes from old packs.
  6. Re-roll tokens. VIP 12 = 3,750
  7. Event Items such as Hell pit Overloads.
  8. Idea 1: AD bought with ZEN becomes ZEN-X which can only be used to buy account WIDE or BOUND items.
  9. Idea 2: Zen can now be traded for ZEN-X which can be used to buy account wide or bound items. 2 Zen = 1 ZENX
  10. Idea 3: Tax the ZEN exchange. OR (to be added)
  11. Remove guild marks from Overloads/foods and make them pay with AD also. Keep Masterwork scrolls to GM.
  12. AD Bounty system: Pay AD for a bounty, 100K ad for a bounty (HARD DIFFICULTY) = BETTER REWARDS ACCOUNT BOUND REWARDS (COALS ETC)
  13. Run a Charity Stream where people can pay AD into a "pot" and the "pot" would be donated to charity in the terms of $/£ (AD SINK)
  14. Remove Legendary Dragon Keys from Zen market, add them to wonderous bazaar for around 37,500 AD which is the price of 1 single key, formula 250/5*750=37,500
  15. Ad drain / Guild hall idea increase the guild hall level to level 25-30 and rework how stronghold vouchers work Introduce stronghold vouchers +1 ( make them drop in lockboxes alongside normal vouchers make +1 a way lower drop rate then normal vouchers. Making the +1 vouchers obtainable through a vendor in the stronghold for either Guild marks Or Astral Diamonds) would also mean new boons/higher boons or more boon plots.
  16. Ad drain add stones of health blue/green to the bazaar make them bound to account obviously
  17. Zen drain maybe introduce a season pass into the game that has reward tokens potions rough ad exclusive mounts to the season pass exclusive cosmetics to the season pass possibly add a mythic mount and make the season pass the only way in the game to obtain that mount (all items are bound)
  18. Zen drain/ad drain make enchanted key sellable on the auction house not only will you drain zen from people buying keys out of the game you’ll drain 10% ad out from every sale someone makes by posting the keys on the auction house (daily keys still BTA unsellable)
  19. Add vip to bazaar but maybe only add a 12 month version that you can ONLY get from the bazaar. Price is slightly higher than zen market so 7,650M for 2x 6months in Zen, so make it around 9M AD.
  20. More Minigames. capture the flag etc. in SH or a larger PvP map. Would have to be a balanced experience for everyone. (level 1/80 characters with no mounts/comps) just basic weapons, add some transmutes into its own custom shop.
  21. Private Instances. For guilds/alliances/friends to allow people to host events such as T3 lures or fashion contests etc etc.
  22. Have a new decent/BiS equip bonus weapon set grindable the same as SOMI/STK weapons where you had to get components from HEs and run the new trial(m/sva) for marks or upgrade components to make the weapons, would add more encouragement to farm HE's in that area to make AD also for newer players. can also add decent unsellable BTA/BTC rings for tanks/healers/dps in the dungeon and then have higher drop chance to come from the trial etc. (2/3 chests at the end with grindable keys like SKT)
  23. Some way to obtain old artifacts such as apocalypse dagger or blood raven crystal skull, possibly in trade bar store/WB
  24. Cross Platform; No Trading inside of dungeons.
  25. Bring fishing back with new rewards/RP.
  26. Make RP transferable via bank between alts same as comp tokens/mount tokens/trade bars.
  27. Campaign Keys more than 1 per day; Ideas for this.
  28. Buying more than 2 per day? maybe per 24hours? or making them account bound.
  29. Remove currency cost. Key would be free, 24-hour cooldown, PER CHARACTER. (account bound keys)
  30. Upping the number of re-rolls on VIP per diem. 3 is too little, under 1 chest per day, maybe 5-10?
  31. Increase RAD rewards (bribes) for healers and tanks for RTQ/REDQ.
  32. A third paragon path for some/all characters.
  33. Updated/better skill nodes.
  34. Since CRR* is coming, maybe time to add R15 wep/arm enchants. or R16/s also adds new AD sinks. (new mops) (new stones) can be gotten from THE new dungeon?
  35. adding more ways for players to make/get bags/bag space maybe inside WB OR Professions when professions 3.0 gets announced *WINK* *WINK*
  36. add transmutes to random chests throughout the dungeons so players can explore dungeons more than just running through them. (dungeon specific transmutes)
  37. Add Raid frames into the game. So you can see all people in raid's HP etc. and can drag people from one group to another, instead of kick reinvite.
  38. re-visit old set/armors from old areas making them upgradeable to current Item level requirements, via AD/Trials/Dungeons. like Carvings/Ampoules from CODG.
  39. Updating class artifacts most of them are kind of useless. The only good ones we know of are Sigils (DC,Pala,Barb) are the only good ones. maybe having class artifacts 2.0(level 80) where you can upgrade your old ones to new ones via quests?
  40. Giving everyone involved in a hunt favour, would increase the amount of people who stick around for lures if there is a purpose instead of the main group only getting favour.
  41. making enchants easier slotted moving around playing on alts can be annoying when having to click on multiple slots etc. etc.
  42. Add Unique variations of weap/arm enchants (holy vorp, flower bark) and make them transmutable. Can fall into an AD sink via WB
  43. add cool/rare transmutes to chests in old zones. So players can actually explore the old zones and have fun.
  44. Re-do the “how enchanting quest” where you are given shards of a certain type of your choosing and give the player 1 time per account a guaranteed rank 8 (BTA) any enchant, same with armour give them a BTA one (via coal ward reward).
  45. Rework guild banks, very old outdated my personal idea is to add a new guild category to donate to called “treasury” where once you level it up, you upgrade the banks slots. Would sink or you could make it to still require AD to upgrade.
  46. Add Buyable & MORE slots for Personal Shared bank to WB too much stuff on zen market.
  47. New “astral” lockboxes but add more trade bars. Maybe do something like make the items from the box BTA but tradebar items are not bound and still sellable?
  48. New Healer Gear/Set bonuses. More items that AREN’T BOONS/COMPS with OGH./ MORE VARIETY for support classes. Tiamat set BiS for healers???? Make a new one?
  49. Make it easier to gear tanks/healers so there is more incentive to actually play them atm if you want to be a good healer you have to fork out over 700K for tiamat orb for set for 5% OGH? don’t change stats just make it easier to gear them, add more gear that helps them meet caps.
  50. PVP SUGGESTIONS;
  51. PvP “rebalancing” Remove alts from PvP by making it so only 1 account can get the rewards from the PvP season.
  52. Big pvp changes requires a fair amount of dev work:
  53. Give everyone a PvP loadout, automatically switched too in the pvp queue.
  54. In pvp loadout can only use PvP a small selection of pvp gear.
  55. Basic armor sets with different equip bonuses of your choice and no enchantment slots, only armor enchantments like barkshield etc... Basic weapons sets with different set bonuses and only a weapon enchantment slot..
  56. 1 Primary artifact which is automatically set to mythic rank (1 min cooldown). These primary artifacts only have a small selection, maybe 10 different ones you can choose from and they all do simple things like break free of stun or self heal etc, no over the top abilities.
  57. Secondary artifacts could be the bulk of our stats so we have some build customisation and not just carbon copies of each other, they could make a choice of like 30 different secondary artifacts which all have different stats. The total value of each artifact would be 40k stats, E.g Berserker artifact gives 20k power and 20k crit strike and executioner artifact gives 20k crit strike and 20k crit sev. and you could pick 3 of these secondary artifacts to give you a good ratio of stats to your liking.
  58. No companions/mounts/insignia enabled on pvp loadout
  59. Limit rewards to 1 char per account.
  60. Try making everyone the same item level in pvp say 40k item level, Only issue I could see with this is older gear with very good bonuses becoming overpowered, like demogorgon rings and stuff but this would make pvp playable for fresh level 80's as in the current state of pvp they get one shot and deal basically 0 dmg.
CRR* Combat Ratings Rework.

I just want to thank the community for putting forward these ideas, this is list wouldn't have been possible otherwise, I understand this is alot of ideas and I appreciate you reading until the end.

Comments

• suffy99#9132 suffy99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Read and execute, Cryptic.
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Why would they make AD sinks this model they have right now makes them more dollars than normal economy

Make any item from zen market bound to account only then ZAX can be viable for Zen holders to get Astral Diamond and you will see Zax backlog going down

But you know what they won't, personally me Zen buyer for dollars why would I use Zax when I can get Zen market items wit coupons and sell that item for 120% of its original value

No endgame player buys Zen for dollars period
  • jonbroonjonbroon Member Posts: 6 Arc User

Why would they make AD sinks this model they have right now makes them more dollars than normal economy

Make any item from zen market bound to account only then ZAX can be viable for Zen holders to get Astral Diamond and you will see Zax backlog going down

But you know what they won't, personally me Zen buyer for dollars why would I use Zax when I can get Zen market items wit coupons and sell that item for 120% of its original value

No endgame player buys Zen for dollars period

Many endgame players buy zen, just because you know a few that don't buy zen, you can't speak for every "endgamer" I mean c'mon now how do you expect a free game to thrive if people don't throw a dolla in the hat? You'd spend $100/£100 on a game and play for less than 24hrs at least once/twice a year probably, support the devs who are actually working to provide content.

• fuzzytek#2423 fuzzytek Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Is it possible to bring interaction around Stronghold available for those under level 70?
    For example: Level 1 Explorer's Guild has a quest to pickup Explorer Notes. This can be done by anyone and give lower level people in the guild a way to actively contribute influence into the coffer. This would bring more purpose to the little treasures all over low level dungeons.
    I went to our boon structure with a level 35 character and was disappointed to find there's no interaction available.
    The race around the stronghold is another quest that members of any level can participate in.
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    I have doubts and opinions that i would actually love if someone can explain me cuz i can't see the whole picture.

1) Why would someone spend Zen to get "Zen-x"? It would help for refinement materials but what you wouldn't buy is enchantments. Ppl would just buy things with zen from the market and then trade them for items of the same or more value on chat.

2) Enchanted keys for AD is good, but sadly too good since great part of the zen goes there. The reroll tokens in the vip should be 4 (one whole chest) instead of 3.

3) The legendary dragon keys are there for those that don't have X key for X dungeon. Buying them with AD will make them lose money.

4) Campaign keys should stay grindable. But i agree that you should be abble to craft more than once a day. And if you want to make it a AD sink you could just sustitute the missing ingredients for AD. And to counter you can make the dragon keys have a % of better loot. That would help AD sink and Zen purchase.

5) They should NEVER sell VIP for AD since it's the thing ppl most buys. Those that say "yes" to that are ppl that have enough AD to buy a couple of years for free.

6) The actual RAD is fine imo (im a healer), if i get more i would play less tbh since all i can do is play randoms.

7) A seasson pass would make the game worst. Why you ask? We had a seasson pass with the Citadel and most ppl i talked to wasn't happy.

8) The AD bounty should be at least 300k-400k to make it work since a COAL is almost twice that in the Zen Store. And have a low drop rate.

Now, i would like to add my "AD sink idea" if its ok.

Spend ad to make bound companions/mounts BtA or to unequip a companion/mount from the bolster and make it BtA.
    The AD cost should be based on the rarity and it could be the same as how much AD you need to upgrade them.
    This way ppl might spend more AD if they have more than one "main" and don't want to burn AD in the AH to buy/upgrade them. And at the same time it can help bringing down to earth some items.
    It's basically the same principle as enchantments but with AD.

Overall i understand some of the ideas but the ones that makes the most selled Zen items being purchased with AD it's bad. You said to support the devs but with that you ain't supporting them.

And horus is right, make the zen items BtA (no the appareance ones) and the backlog will go down in no time. Rn what is happening is ppl buying with zen, then trade the AD for Zen and repeat the process. And the bonding exchange isn't helping at all.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• jonbroonjonbroon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    shugensha said:

I have doubts and opinions that i would actually love if someone can explain me cuz i can't see the whole picture.

1) Why would someone spend Zen to get "Zen-x"? It would help for refinement materials but what you wouldn't buy is enchantments. Ppl would just buy things with zen from the market and then trade them for items of the same or more value on chat.

2) Enchanted keys for AD is good, but sadly too good since great part of the zen goes there. The reroll tokens in the vip should be 4 (one whole chest) instead of 3.

3) The legendary dragon keys are there for those that don't have X key for X dungeon. Buying them with AD will make them lose money.

4) Campaign keys should stay grindable. But i agree that you should be abble to craft more than once a day. And if you want to make it a AD sink you could just sustitute the missing ingredients for AD. And to counter you can make the dragon keys have a % of better loot. That would help AD sink and Zen purchase.

5) They should NEVER sell VIP for AD since it's the thing ppl most buys. Those that say "yes" to that are ppl that have enough AD to buy a couple of years for free.

6) The actual RAD is fine imo (im a healer), if i get more i would play less tbh since all i can do is play randoms.

7) A seasson pass would make the game worst. Why you ask? We had a seasson pass with the Citadel and most ppl i talked to wasn't happy.

8) The AD bounty should be at least 300k-400k to make it work since a COAL is almost twice that in the Zen Store. And have a low drop rate.

Now, i would like to add my "AD sink idea" if its ok.

Spend ad to make bound companions/mounts BtA or to unequip a companion/mount from the bolster and make it BtA.
    The AD cost should be based on the rarity and it could be the same as how much AD you need to upgrade them.
    This way ppl might spend more AD if they have more than one "main" and don't want to burn AD in the AH to buy/upgrade them. And at the same time it can help bringing down to earth some items.
    It's basically the same principle as enchantments but with AD.

Overall i understand some of the ideas but the ones that makes the most selled Zen items being purchased with AD it's bad. You said to support the devs but with that you ain't supporting them.

And horus is right, make the zen items BtA (no the appareance ones) and the backlog will go down in no time. Rn what is happening is ppl buying with zen, then trade the AD for Zen and repeat the process. And the bonding exchange isn't helping at all.

I completely agree with some of the thing said here but I think a season pass would be good most people I talked to LOVED the RC stuff was really good as long as it lasts a while its a way to dump alot of zen.

again these are all ideas and some of them are wrote in a kind of "quick" way where some of the ideas aren't fully "pieced" together yet.