test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game is losing what made it great.

Neverwinter needs to change. Its become a boring and unrewarding grindfest, and there are too many currencies only available in the zen store. Reaching endgame on one toon is impossible if you don't spend hundreds of dollars, especially with the constant changes and the ad xchange not working. Bring the game back and for God's sake fix PvP.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    The AD exchange is working just fine, just instead of a bunch of Zen sitting in the exchange waiting to sell, it's a bunch of AD. It's supply and demand. There is no need to be spending so much money on the game, you can remain relevant just by playing the game. What currencies are only available in the Zen store?
  • littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User

Neverwinter needs to change. Its become a boring and unrewarding grindfest, and there are too many currencies only available in the zen store. Reaching endgame on one toon is impossible if you don't spend hundreds of dollars, especially with the constant changes and the ad xchange not working. Bring the game back and for God's sake fix PvP.

You are correct - nothing new though as fun factor has been on the decline for years. If someone tells you they have 200 end game toons, well, you draw your own conclusions lol
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I do agree with the OP something needs to change. Getting one toon to endgame is quite difficult with the constant changes. I only just got my paladin to endgame(yes I did spend real money to help him along as I am a weekend warrior for the most part). And then the mount changes happened, and I can almost get him back to where he was before that, but what's the point with the huge nerf bat thats about to hit with the new combat changes.

Redeemed Citadel was too much of a grind for items that may or may not be relevant at all in the new mod. I was hoping to get some T3 gear so I could get my pally thru Zariel master, but why bother when it's all gonna be beyond worthless when mod 20 comes.

Speaking of mod 20, can we please get rid of the ridiculous weekly haul HAMSTER for the campaigns. I loved mod 16. No repeatable tasks(if you exclude the MEs), and you could finish it without thinking "if I don't get my weekly haul this week, thats another week longer that this will take to finish." Stop the repeatable task nonsense, adn give more campaigns like mod 16.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

No offense, -- I could not help but notice -- this is your first, one, and only post. Also you started playing in September 2020, barely 6 months ago. As your introduction to us, you pop in with a scorching post telling the developers to repair the game and fix the PvP. :trollface:Something smells fishy here.

I would like to know, what the heck "they changed" in the past 6 months that has you so upset? Because all the stuff you mentioned has been like this for years. Let me see, grindfest, yes all Cryptic's games are grindfests unless you spend some cash. However reaching end game? I know several end game players in Neverwinter who got there, without money, VIP, a guild, or BiS. I mean I would rather have a frontal lobotomy, than grind as much as my friends do in this and other games. But they want to play that way, it is their choice.

Unless you are another player, using an alternate account to post this up, then I suggest you give this game time to change. Which by the way, February 9th it is about to change bigger than anyone expected or probably wanted. Welcome to the game Justen12!

Just killing time...