test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sharandar Preview Brief - NW.125.20210105a.0

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes: NW.125.20210105a.0

Feature Highlights

New Storyline: Sharandar: The Iron Tooth
The fey crossing—a bridge of sorts, that connected Faerûn to the Feywild—has recently been severed, preventing passage. Travelers who had returned from Sharandar speak of a feeling of unease. Though the defeat of Malabog brought peace for a time, a new evil stirs.

Reconnect with the Iliyanbruen envoys in Protector’s Enclave to find out how to restore the fey crossing, and assist in the adventures beyond.

New Dungeon: The Vault of Stars (not yet available on Preview)
Clash against the members of the Gloaming Court as you uncover ancient secrets of the unseelie fey. Three new bosses await, with a new array of powerful rewards!

Known Issues

Content and Environment
  • In the quest “What was Lost,” the “Find Iliyanbruen Ranger” step completes for everyone, whenever anyone interacts with the NPC.
  • In the quest, “Broken Supply Chain,” interacting with supply crates applies an interaction cooldown for more than just the player who interacted with them.
  • In the quest, “Sugar and Spice,” interacting with soup pots applies an interaction cooldown for more than just the player who interacted with them.

Combat and Powers
User Interface
  • At non-default interface scales, the campaign UI currently overflows the campaign window.
  • Screen borders in NPC dialog are inconsistent.
  • There is placeholder text in the Sharandar campaign page after completing the intro quest.

Comments

• sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    what about the current sharandar and boons ?
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I will say this now

Keep malabog castle dungeon files safe
    Please dont lose it like u guys did with old dungeons

Thank you
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    This post isn't pinned as an announcement so it's easy to miss under all the other posts in this forum.

My feedback so far:
    • What happened to the "old" sharandar campaign? It's not in the campaign window anymore and I can't travel to the area of the campaign. I still can queue for malabogs castle so that wasn't removed and I still have all the boon points I earned from the old campaign
    • So the new campaign is split into 3 parts. Only the first part is visible at the moment and it looks like you can only earn 100 of the campaign currency per week without an increase to the limit and you need 325 currency to complete the first part. It seems kind of weird that you have to play for 3 weeks to unlock almost everything and then still do 1 quest the week after for the last boon point
    • It only took me ~1.5h to get to the currency limit and that was without knowing where I had to go for the quests. That seems like a very small amount of content so far but I hope it get's better when I progress further in the campaign
    • The gear that is in the collection so far seems like a lazy copy and paste of the citadel gear with a higher ilvl. I would like some more creativity
    • The artifacts in the collections tab have some nice active powers but the set bonuses are really bad
    • The sharandar area and the new enemys look really good.
    • Something seems to be wrong with the blue companion gear that is shown in the collections. The pieces have higher ilvl than the undermountain 1010 ilvl purple gear but have less combined stats.
    • no new weapons is kind of dissappointing after we had 4 new weapon sets in the path of the fallen campaign and redeemed citadel event.

Post edited by forumaccount#7167 on
  • tomek93#4520 tomek93 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    What about old sharandar currency?

From what I can see it can't be obtained anymore. However, it is needed to improve a stronghold buildings
    Are there any changes planned on this topic?

Another question is what about Malabog and Master of Hunts keys? How we can get them after changes ?
  • codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    old sharandar needs to stay in place.
    removing it causes more problems than it solves

what problems occur by removing old sharandar?
    currency uses for dungeons, skirmishes , and strongholds
    removal of boon opportunities for characters creating a widening gap between new and old characters (could get even worse if other campaigns get remade this way) -AND if you can't get boons from both campaigns, you HAMSTER over old characters
    loss of playable content
    loss of appearance change opportunities

what does removing it solve?
    I have no idea.

so why remove old sharandar? continuity? that makes incredibly little sense in the context of this video game.