test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible Solution to the Zen exchange and the Vip issues

Comments

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Cryptic will never give up ZEn, otherwise it would run out of revenue. However, if I told the players to offer a higher value than the exchange rate, making it a free market, I could, for example, offer 1,000 AD instead of 750 AD, thus drastically reducing transaction times.

You can keep doing that until you run into the 1 million AD per Zen and when a person spends 100 Zen he receives 100 Million Zen and all of their previous Zen goes away because of the 100 Million Zen cap. with hyperinflation, it will take only a few months.

What about the players who left with Zen owed by the ZaX?

Players never "leave" unless they decide to delete their account (which I don't know how to do or anyone actually jumps through the hoops to figure out how to do that) or Cryptic decides to delete the account. Zen will drop to their account when Zax process transaction or stay in the Zax forever (if the bid is less than 750).
    I actually deleted a character. It took about a week to sell, give away or convert all my stuff. Then i deleted the character and started on another one.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,174 Arc User

Players never "leave" unless they decide to delete their account (which I don't know how to do or anyone actually jumps through the hoops to figure out how to do that) or Cryptic decides to delete the account. Zen will drop to their account when Zax process transaction or stay in the Zax forever (if the bid is less than 750).
    I actually deleted a character. It took about a week to sell, give away or convert all my stuff. Then i deleted the character and started on another one.
    Deleting a character is not the same as deleting an account. Or, you were talking about deleting an account instead.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    The primary reason people buy VIP is the daily key for lockboxes. Every other perk is nice but not as nice as the daily key.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,080 Arc User
    Which is why the daily keys just tend to pile up while the sign post and bank get called up daily...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Which is why the daily keys just tend to pile up while the sign post and bank get called up daily...

Only if you play! The opposite is the "log in for key daily special"
    - bye bye -
  • corazonxdxcorazonxdx Member Posts: 40 Arc User

the ones who had already posted their request should get a 40% increase in AD to their deposit and since everything will be available for direct purchase using AD nobody loses the only people who will have a problem with my idea are the people WITH 9999999 preservation wards they plan on selling for 200% to 260% profit... ( that is exactly what they are making double their ad + another 60%) so you will be compensated but the the Zax would become a 100% AD sink also i gave all of the solutions already and i asked the devs to contact me hopefully they answer me and have a small discussion with me about it

The primary reason people buy VIP is the daily key for lockboxes. Every other perk is nice but not as nice as the daily key.

you will still be able to buy Vip with AD with my solution if the devs decide to keep vip and if they don't we will get some other stuff AD will become the main currency and also this gives them the option to launch cosmetics which can be bought with AD if only people just sit down for 2 mins and be rational with my idea and stop thinking with their pockets.. both the players the company and the dev team
  • valmunter99#8413 valmunter99 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I play alot of different games and my only rule is not to pay more than 50 € for a video game... i played neverwinter before like 2 years ago i was recently interested to play again i logged in.. Saw my VIP expired prob long ago i have still alot of AD tried to exchange it for ZEN to buy VIP... 3 months gone im still without it and didnt even start to play cuz of that... So im kinda curious is it even possible to exchange it?? And yeah as i said i wont buy it with real money i gave my 50 bucks to the game and thats my only rule... So how long does it take to convert it? or should i just give up on that... and go to Path of Exile game instead?.... The business model of the game is just outdated... Who wants to pay money for things that u shoulda acquire by playing the game lol... The VIP is the only thing that they can actually sell for real money.. ( "subscription thing" ) or cool looking cosmetics and what not... it wont be a free to play game anymore... And i dont play subscription games either.. So will i be able to play Neverwinter again or not?
    edited April 2021

I play alot of different games and my only rule is not to pay more than 50 € for a video game... i played neverwinter before like 2 years ago i was recently interested to play again i logged in.. Saw my VIP expired prob long ago i have still alot of AD tried to exchange it for ZEN to buy VIP... 3 months gone im still without it and didnt even start to play cuz of that... So im kinda curious is it even possible to exchange it?? And yeah as i said i wont buy it with real money i gave my 50 bucks to the game and thats my only rule... So how long does it take to convert it? or should i just give up on that... and go to Path of Exile game instead?.... The business model of the game is just outdated... Who wants to pay money for things that u shoulda acquire by playing the game lol... The VIP is the only thing that they can actually sell for real money.. ( "subscription thing" ) or cool looking cosmetics and what not... it wont be a free to play game anymore... And i dont play subscription games either.. So will i be able to play Neverwinter again or not?

Yes, it is possible to get Zen from the exchange. At the moment, It will take more than 4 months. It probably will get worse. Yes, one can get VIP without paying money but it requires planning. I have VIP non stop since the introduction of VIP and I did not pay money for it.

Who would want to pay money for the stuff one can acquire from the game? Those who cannot wait and cannot (or don't want to) plan ahead.

Only you can answer if you will be able to play Neverwinter or not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    ViP is not a prerequisite to play the game.

Deleting a character is not the same as deleting an account. Or, you were talking about deleting an account instead.
    No, just one character and you are right deleting an account would take a LOT longer.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    The Zax isn't broken and doesn't need to be changed.
    It's simply a way for players to exchange their AD for Zen and their Zen for AD.
    The long wait times is because there aren't enough players trading their Zen for AD.
    Why should they, when there's really no incentive to?

Also, a lot of players had many stacks of bonding stones of various ranks to trade for AD...that's a major part of why the backlog is so high now.
    And there's players with stacks of bondings returning who are adding to the pool.

Creating a new currency system or a way to make it easier and take less time to get free Zen isn't going to fix anything...it will make things more complicated than they need to be.

There needs to be a better balance in the value between Zen and AD...bloated prices in the AH probably isn't gonna help with that much either.

The bottom line is that we're waiting for other players to trade their Zen for AD so our orders can be filled...the only way Cryptic can fix that is by giving them the incentive to make the trade.

The saying "If it's not broke don't fix it" applies here. Waiting in line doesn't mean it's broke.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    The only solution I can see IMHO, is to do something, anything, to promote the sale of, and encourage players to actually buy Zen. If they had a monthly "ZEN Bonus" on top of the current bonus. I buy zen, as this is now my "Hobby", as I gave up my bowling league and pool league, but I use it to buy in the Zen store only.

I do need AD to buy things that cannot be bought with Zen, such as Rank 15's, Armor Enchants etc. I only buy $100 per month currently, but would buy $200 if they had an additional bonus say like.. $200 = 20,000 + 8,000 . I would then turn at least 10,000 into AD on the Zax. Imagine only 20 players doing that... it would mean 200,000 zen put in to help relieve the backlog each month.
    it is broken and it needs fixing and total replacement you sound like someone who did not even read my post if you can't understand it don't turn it down

The Zax isn't broken and doesn't need to be changed.
    It's simply a way for players to exchange their AD for Zen and their Zen for AD.
    The long wait times is because there aren't enough players trading their Zen for AD.
    Why should they, when there's really no incentive to?

Also, a lot of players had many stacks of bonding stones of various ranks to trade for AD...that's a major part of why the backlog is so high now.
    And there's players with stacks of bondings returning who are adding to the pool.

Creating a new currency system or a way to make it easier and take less time to get free Zen isn't going to fix anything...it will make things more complicated than they need to be.

There needs to be a better balance in the value between Zen and AD...bloated prices in the AH probably isn't gonna help with that much either.

The bottom line is that we're waiting for other players to trade their Zen for AD so our orders can be filled...the only way Cryptic can fix that is by giving them the incentive to make the trade.

The saying "If it's not broke don't fix it" applies here. Waiting in line doesn't mean it's broke.

The only solution I can see IMHO, is to do something, anything, to promote the sale of, and encourage players to actually buy Zen. If they had a monthly "ZEN Bonus" on top of the current bonus. I buy zen, as this is now my "Hobby", as I gave up my bowling league and pool league, but I use it to buy in the Zen store only.

I do need AD to buy things that cannot be bought with Zen, such as Rank 15's, Armor Enchants etc. I only buy $100 per month currently, but would buy $200 if they had an additional bonus say like.. $200 = 20,000 + 8,000 . I would then turn at least 10,000 into AD on the Zax. Imagine only 20 players doing that... it would mean 200,000 zen put in to help relieve the backlog each month.

bro be real you will just end up buying stuff with discount and selling them for profit in ad and then buy wtvr you need in AD stop everyone and read my post it feels like trolling at this point stop being greedy and look at the situation we are in

...stop being greedy and look at the situation we are in

If you want zen, spend money. Full stop. Bypass the zax altogether. If you don't want to spend money, toss your AD into the zax and WAIT.

This is not rocket science.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited May 2021
    The ZAX is not broken. It has a backlog, due to AD inflation. AD inflation is not a ZAX problem. The fact that the economy is in a bad place, AD is hyperinflated, and some items are forcefully devalued by ZEN packs is a different issue.

The proposed solution misses the reason of why there are two currencies and a cap. Removing those is not wise to say the least. Removing those and removing the AH 10% is beyond unwise.

bro be real you will just end up buying stuff with discount and selling them for profit in ad and then buy wtvr you need in AD stop everyone and read my post it feels like trolling at this point stop being greedy and look at the situation we are in
    micky1p00 said:

The ZAX is not broken. It has a backlog, due to AD inflation. AD inflation is not a ZAX problem. The fact that the economy is in a bad place, AD is hyperinflated, and some items are forcefully devalued by ZEN packs is a different issue.

The proposed solution misses the reason of why there are two currencies and a cap. Removing those is not wise to say the least. Removing those and removing the AH 10% is beyond unwise.

FOR the love of everything holy in this world do people read my post or read the comment section when the zen store becomes an AD store which is a 100% ad sink why the hell do we need the 10% ah post fee? the backlog is part of the ZAX so even by your logic the ZAX is broken ( if the handle of a vase is broken the vase is still broken it won't be in 1 piece just because the most apparent parts are not broken) .
    AD is hyperinflated, and some items are forcefully devalued by ZEN packs is a different issue ( its all 1 and the same issue the 2 currency system is flawed) its heavily favoring 1 currency over another in an endless cycle of wrong move after wrong move.

The proposed solution misses the reason of why there are two currencies and a cap. Removing those is not wise to say the least. ( you did not even read my post and if you did you are missing the key purpose and the reason the solution i proposed is necessary).

also bro i have nothing against you it's just all of the posts seem to me like people come read the title expect a solution read 1 line and go crazy and say i twill never work.

if the developers don't start having an active role in the economy the game is dead, also having 2 currencies is not a good move from the start since it puts them at high risks of mistakes and it makes any and every mistake very damaging ( like throwing more ad into a broken economy).

what is the point of having a billion AD if the game dies? and the people who have Zen what will they do with it? request a refund at best, if people have a better solution than mine fine bring it and do effort and post your solution if not don't do the most silly thing humanity does over and over bash other people's solution yet never provide 1 of your own no alternative just you are wrong and i have no way of being right mentality is silly

The simple question is: Does Cryptic consider this as a problem? Apparently, no. Cryptic has an ACTIVE role about the economy. They have been doing it in over a year now. It is just not direction you like.

You won't get any "solution" from Cryptic if they have no desire to change it. The only "solution" you can have is you figure out a way to work around the "problem".

The simple question is: Does Cryptic consider this as a problem? Apparently, no. Cryptic has an ACTIVE role about the economy. They have been doing it in over a year now. It is just not direction you like.

You won't get any "solution" from Cryptic if they have no desire to change it. The only "solution" you can have is you figure out a way to work around the "problem".

if i have time to be selfish i have many ways to make billions of AD myself i just am avoiding making the decision to value my personal account over the game itself if you think this post is just meant to work around a gigantic issue that is hurting new players and cutting off the flow of new players not to mention delaying progress for everyone then just go to another post and comment there sorry but if this is your opinion you obviously did not read the post and refuse to understand it.
    edited May 2021

if i have time to be selfish i have many ways to make billions of AD myself i just am avoiding making the decision to value my personal account over the game itself if you think this post is just meant to work around a gigantic issue that is hurting new players and cutting off the flow of new players not to mention delaying progress for everyone then just go to another post and comment there sorry but if this is your opinion you obviously did not read the post and refuse to understand it.
    Are you asking Cryptic to change something? Yes or no?
    Does Cryptic consider this as a problem? Yes or no?
    Have you noticed Cryptic is the one who keeps on injecting more and more AD to the game INTENTIONALLY (they needed to spend effort keeping on frequently inventing new creative ways to do that again and again)? Yes or no?
    I don't think you read what I wrote.

Have you noticed Cryptic is the one who keeps on injecting more and more AD to the game INTENTIONALLY (they needed to spend effort keeping on frequently inventing new creative ways to do that again and again)? Yes or no?
    i did read what you wrote but it just means we should give up and leave it as it is and i do not want the game to die but at the rate its going on it is heading in that direction
    edited May 2021

i did read what you wrote but it just means we should give up and leave it as it is and i do not want the game to die but at the rate its going on it is heading in that direction
    1. Many do not think Zax has a problem. I know you do. I personally don't at this moment but I may change my mind in another year (wait to see what Cryptic's actual agenda is).
    2. It appears Cryptic does not think it is a problem. It appears they consider flooding AD to the game is good for them (for whatever reason/agenda they have in mind).
    3. What you said is not new. It has been rehashed many many times in forum. All sort of idea were suggested but they were before Cryptic showed their "intention" which made it clear that they don't really want to 'fix' it but actually accelerates it. In other words, telling them "how to reduce AD" is moot. They know how. They don't want to and in fact they want to do the opposite.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    @corazonxdx: I did read what you wrote...you're talking about removing zen and only having AD as the main currency right? You're also talking about removing VIP, right?

The thing about Zen, AD and the zax is that because Zen can be bought with real money it gives a feeling that I'm getting something with a real dollar amount set on it for free through the Zax. Don't get me wrong, it sounds cool if we could buy anything and everything with AD, but without zen and the zax I lose the feeling that I just got $50 worth of zen for free when my 5000 zen order is filled.

If we just have AD as the main currency how would the price of items be set and how long would it take players to save up to get those items? A single main currency that we can buy with money sounds more like pay to win compared to what we have now.

As for removing VIP, I'm not as concerned about the 10% AH cut as I am the loss of the Signpost, Portable Bank, Keys and reroll tokens, but that's mainly because the game doesn't give me anything worth trying to sell very often.

I don't know bro, seems like the fun level is already getting choked out of the game and removing these things seems like it will continue on that path. I know you think you have a good idea and it's nothing personal, but I'm still not convinced the Zax is broken.

I don't know bro, seems like the fun level is already getting choked out of the game and removing these things seems like it will continue on that path. I know you think you have a good idea and it's nothing personal, but I'm still not convinced the Zax is broken.

Sooooo much agree with this.

@corazonxdx: I did read what you wrote...you're talking about removing zen and only having AD as the main currency right? You're also talking about removing VIP, right?

The thing about Zen, AD and the zax is that because Zen can be bought with real money it gives a feeling that I'm getting something with a real dollar amount set on it for free through the Zax. Don't get me wrong, it sounds cool if we could buy anything and everything with AD, but without zen and the zax I lose the feeling that I just got $50 worth of zen for free when my 5000 zen order is filled.

If we just have AD as the main currency how would the price of items be set and how long would it take players to save up to get those items? A single main currency that we can buy with money sounds more like pay to win compared to what we have now.

As for removing VIP, I'm not as concerned about the 10% AH cut as I am the loss of the Signpost, Portable Bank, Keys and reroll tokens, but that's mainly because the game doesn't give me anything worth trying to sell very often.

i am going to make a video also the removing vip is optional and my solution would still work by making the Zen store into an AD store and removing the posting fee and the 10% cut of ah since when you buy from the AD store it is a 100% AD sink also all of this is a temporary solution till we reach a stable economy i never said remove Zen forever it is till the situation we are in is handled heck i would even make a vote where players decide after this storm passes if they want to go back to the Zen system.

we need a stable economy not Trillions of AD that are just laying around unused i will try to cover it all in the video but it takes time to edit and get it to a level people will keep their attention on
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Hard to read your stuff without period.
    > It is simple. Zen store is where they earn money from this game.
    > You remove the best seller from Zen store (and you considered the other stuff are not good).
    > Where can they make money to cover the lose revenue of VIP?
    >
    > The logic of removing the best stuff from Zen store to make other stuff looks 'good' does not make any sense.
    > You go to a store which is famous for (say) vanilla ice cream and nothing else every week. One day, they remove vanilla ice cream from the menu. Will you go back there to buy something else every week? I know I will not go to that store, period.

LOVE THIS ANOLOGY !!!
    And True

What’s wrong with the ZAX ? Appears to be WAI . Tired of WAIting ?
    Game has so many problems , ZAX is not one of them IMO
    So, how in this proposal people pay for the game? If they buy AD directly from Cryptic it means every transaction is an AD injection. Who said that people want to buy more stuff from the new "AD shop" in larger volume than the injection due to money?

If a player put in X money to get Y AD to buy the mount from the AH they just created Y AD, and didn't remove a single AD out of the economy.
    But it bypasses the need for zen, which they think is good for the players, the game, and apparently Cryptic.