test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

make glory more obtainable

kaaskeizer#5209 kaaskeizer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited December 2020 in PvP Discussion
like title says, guilds are required to get glory to progress for guild boon and normal pvp like in icewind dale does not give glory. pvp with current modes is tedious cause of the limitations.
solutions would be adding 1v1 & 3v3 pvps as well as rewarding player kills in pvp zones with glory as well as removing class limitations for pvp.
lastly set a fixed max stat cap simply reduce players stats that are too high to a set limit. this way you give beginning guilds a fighting chance as well.
-KaasKeizer

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Glory has been removed from any (Barracks) building requirements.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Was glory ever needed for barracks? I know it used to be conqueror shards, which was a PvP thing.

I think people are building PvP boon structures just to give themselves a boost to IL. So yeah, glory can be a pain in that instance. They should have awarded it during IWD PvP events since the beginning.
  • Options
    iishimotoiishimoto Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Maybe we could get a little of glory instead of rough astral diamonds, if we want astral diamonds we do dungeons and pve, pvp is for glory and stuff
  • Options
    jabberghast#1974 jabberghast Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I'd like to gain less glory and more AD from PvP
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2021

like title says, guilds are required to get glory to progress for guild boon and normal pvp like in icewind dale does not give glory. pvp with current modes is tedious cause of the limitations.

solutions would be adding 1v1 & 3v3 pvps as well as rewarding player kills in pvp zones with glory as well as removing class limitations for pvp.

lastly set a fixed max stat cap simply reduce players stats that are too high to a set limit. this way you give beginning guilds a fighting chance as well.

-KaasKeizer

Glory is quite easy to gain, win or lose, but has a terrible conversion rate for guildmarks and I don't remember how much points it gives or what guild upgrades its still required for. In general things needed for PVE only players should never require anything from PVP. Its a double standard for PVPers that need PVE stuff but the issues that cropped up from forcing PVE guilds in past to acquire PVP currencies for boon structures warrant it. The conqueror's shards for example used to be required for the power boon but this was changed if I remember right, because of it starting a feud in icewind dale between icewind dale PVPers and PVE farmers, thematically fitting for the zone but the problems it created were a drama packed nightmare. One side didn't want to fight at all and were just trying to get their currency easiest way possible, and other side started a hate campaign to drive them out via harassment and ganking because they wanted to be able to use the zone again for actual PVP.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Glory is quite easy to gain, win or lose, but has a terrible conversion rate for guildmarks and I don't remember how much points it gives or what guild upgrades its still required for.

Glory is really only useful for either building PvP structures at your stronghold for Stronghold PvP (like archer's towers) or for the Stronghold PvP Boon structures (most commonly used to boost AP/Stamina drains). Sine Stronghold PvP is basically dead and people hate drains with a passion, Glory has no real use aside from purchasing some out of date gear from the Trade of Blades.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader