test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dye won't clear on bracers

I removed my old gloves and cleared out the black dye. When I equipped the new gloves, the black dye carried over and I can't clear it out.

The gloves I'm wanting to wear have a unique coloring (Bracers of Senobith), so I can't just dye it back to it's original color.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Are you actually dying the pieces or are you using colors from your color library?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    moogiebear#5401 moogiebear Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    @greywynd I'm not sure I understand the question. These are brand new gloves, never been dyed, newly equipped.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    You can't remove the base color of an item. You can dye over it or you can apply colors to it in your Appearance tab of your character.

Only after having dyed something can you remove the dye from it. If you do so, it will return to the base colors the devs coded it with.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    So I think i figured out what caused the problem. The gloves I have actually equipped were dyed black back during the old transmute system. The new appearance item I'm wanting to use is having the dyes transferred over for some reason. I'm assuming that if I were to equip different gloves, my appearance items wouldn't have the dye anymore. Not sure how I'm supposed to fix it though (outside of getting replacement gloves, but I can't buy the primals anymore).
  • Options
    Check your appearance tab and see if you have colors applied to your gear there. If you change gear and have applied colors, the colors remain until you clear them.
  • Options
    There are no dyes applied to the gear. The gloves I am equipped with on my gear screen were dyed back in the old system. The appearances tab doesn't have any dyes selected on the gear. I hope this makes sense. Outside of replacing my equipped gloves on the gear tab, I'm not sure how to fix this.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You're only choices are to convert the Primals to an appearance item which will add the Bracers of Senobith to your library with the original colors or else to get another set of Bracers. There are 3 on the Auction House right now for just over 40k AD.

Those are from Cathedral of Madness, IIRC? You can try to farm them youself if you get can someone to give you the quest again. They run the Chasm quests until they get the lair quest and then share it with you so you can run it again. You can do this on an alt and share it to a friend who shares it back to your main if that is easier. It might be possible to find someone in the Chasm /zone chat who can share the quest with you. A friend is best in case the drop rate isn't 100% so you can repeat it. Of course
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother