test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is item level equals base damage? Please Explain.

mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
As mentioned above, your base damage now comes from your total item level, which doesn't make any sense! This means that weapons no longer provide damage. They still provide stats, item level, and equip bonuses as they always have.

Doesn't Cryptic understand people are scared with the changes? From another forum, I concur. An hour and 15 minutes on Castle Never on preview as compared to 12 minutes on live server-THIS IS SOLO! AHHHHH! Unable to kill things in normal zones!

[video]https://youtu.be/nQSgmssioiA[/video]

[0:45-0:58] I'm done discussing. How does Cryptic expect anyone to do anything?
Post edited by mwk on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Perhaps some positive things of some sort, but I'm not exactly elite. Soooo I'm just concerned like a lot and I know a lot of others are too. It's like IDK?! Seems these stat changes are just not going to work! I'm not elite enough as her exactly, even though she states she isn't elite. She is low-elite.

[video]https://youtu.be/5jXojYeZv7k[/video]
    Post edited by mwk on
  • Options
    Does anyone know or will explain? WHAT IS ITEM LEVEL EQUALS BASE DAMAGE?
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    May want to explain what you don't understand about "Base Damage is your Total Item Level / 10 (DPS get a 20% bonus to that value, Healers get a 10% bonus)". Which is both on the forum post with combat changes and in the dev blog posted in the news sections.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Thank you. Somehow I missed that! It's just I forgot what I read on developer notes. Still from what I'm hearing and seeing from these changes, it seems awkward not to work well at all. Time will tell, yet insight from videos always help for testing. I mean these changes might be fail or work well? So far it's not looking good as compared to Mod 16 early testing.
  • Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    @mwk prior to this change, item level meant nothing more than a rating to keep you locked out of content and dungeons they deemed too difficult for you. I just run some simple audio and visual tests, so many of my creations don't have boons or high item level. My warlock has the lowest, but he can still go places that they otherwise don't belong.

This seems to be a move to make item level a needed stat, giving it meaning and purpose, no matter how you play the game. Most characters with 10,000 item level will have 100,000 health and 1,000 damage. Unless you play something that gets a bonus and then they give you +10% or +20% depending on your role of DPS, Tank, or Healer. The damage removed from a weapon means the weapons have a hidden damage within the item level. If the weapon is 700 item level then then +70 damage is added to your rating. The best weapons in the game now, only add about 100 damage to you. I seriously doubt you will see much difference (in damage) using a weapon from Chult module or one from Avernus other than the additional stats they give you.

This is my understanding of weapon damage, feel free to correct any errors.
  • Options
    elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    lest say yot IT is 47k so you inportant stat cap at 47k, more stat more dmg , more IT more baze dmg :D
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    It is a considerable improvement over the current system.

- Damage is static and no longer a Min/Max range.
    - Damage is on average higher than current values.
    - It becomes much easier to scale content this way.

As much as it sucks, dungeon content really shouldn't be solo-able. Preview still needs some adjustments to be accurate to how it will be on Live but in my testing I haven't had any increase in difficulty in my standard content; I can still solo all Minor Heroics and all.