test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transition out of combat

silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
This might be a generic issue for all classes.

The exit criteria to transition from Combat stance to Idle has issues. As a Warlock if I enter combat against a mob, I might cast the following:

* Hellfire Ring
* Blades of Vanquished Armies.

Blades of Vanquished Armies has a duration of 6 seconds. If the mob dies in the first second or two the Warlock does not exit "combat" until BoVA has finished even though there are no enemies present. This is not expected behaviour.

Another scenario. I attack and kill a Golem or some other creature where the death animation is long. If I kill that enemy, he has 0 hitpoints, I am still marked as in combat while I wait for this asset to be destroyed on the game server. This is not excpected behaviour.

These issues stop the player from interacting with an item (skill node, door etc) and they should not.

If I am interacting with an object and I have been aflicted with a DoT effect, this should NOT stop the player from interacting with the object.

Interactions should only be interupted by the player moving away from the object or an actual enemy hitting the player. Not a DoT effect. I've alredy lost count of how many times I was unable to push open a door because my tank had a poison effect on him.
Tagged: