test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Healing around non-augment companions

curmudgeon62curmudgeon62 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
One of the effects of the announced change is likely to be better viability of combat pets. While I support this in general, when I'm running a healer I find it a problem. Trying to land a single target heal on someone when a pet is between us is a real PITA and chews up my limited resource. So an increase in the number of people running combat pets is going to increase the problem.

Another is the split on AE heals. 1600 divided among the targets, are companions included in that divisor? Right now the only dedicated single target is the mark heal, and I'm not switching the mark to some dps who I want to keep alive.

What are the communities thoughts on this?

Comments

• Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    Cryptic will probably view this as a tradeoff on using an augment versus summoned companion, since this would be the easier choice. But hey we are free to ask them to implement and change stuff, but the decision is always with them. Just have an open mind and see if you can adapt to the changes and keep playing, or just drop it if you dont.
  • Options
    curmudgeon62curmudgeon62 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm not talking about ragequiting, in fact I'll probably hit up the zen sale this weekend. I was just curious if anyone had a solution.

Personally, I'd like to see combat companions be ignored in the AE heal calculation, also ignored in the targetting of single target heals.
  • Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

I'm not talking about ragequiting, in fact I'll probably hit up the zen sale this weekend. I was just curious if anyone had a solution.

Personally, I'd like to see combat companions be ignored in the AE heal calculation, also ignored in the targetting of single target heals.

I don't play a healer often, but I see you're point and would agree with your suggestion.
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    IIRC this was brought up multiple times when healing was changed, but nothing ever done about it. I've simply given up on single target at-will use for healing and rarely use bastion because it hits for minimal amounts.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Yes, fighting companions count for the AoE divisor.

Another important issue is the AoE target limit. Heals apparently have a limit to the number of targets they can affect (15 targets, if I'm not mistaken). This has caused issues in the past due to NPC allies like the dwarves from Frozen Storyteller artifact "stealing" heals from players (as shown in this video, related discussion here).

If summoned companions become BiS again and we have 10 players + 10 companions + other allies that might spawn due to combat (Soul Puppet from DPS Warlocks, the dwarves from Frozen, etc), some change will be necessary to guarantee that AoE heals like Healing Word, Divine Shelter and Soulstorm prioritize healing the players before the NPCs.
  • Options
    rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    there's a simple fix for that, they remove the divider and decrease the magnitude of bastion, basically they revert the changes they made a couple months ago...

But i doubt they would do that, because it would be admitting that they don't think ahead of time and when they made the healing changes they hadn't thought about reworking the comp system again...